Don't let Wendys trick you..... (1 Viewer)

Even "suggest selling" p*sses me off. To me, you're abusing someone who's already being nice enough to be your customer when they could have gone somewhere else. I can read the whole *&%#@!!!! menu all on my own enough to give you a complete order, but I need someone to ask me if I want a &*%#@!!!! apple pie with that!!!

But this business of asking you "Medium or small?" when they really have three sizes? Like I said, I believe it's very dishonest and it's obvious that they're FOOLING their customers with it. Goes way beyond just being a pain in the a$$.

By the way, I left them my phone number AND e-mail, and have heard nothing back from them. Just concretes the fact that they DON'T need to hear back from me via my being a customer anymore.

Last edited:
I'm with you, I always hated doing it. I figure folks know what they need/want and if they forget something they'll be back. Of course I agree that the med/large ploy is over the line. Luckily there are no Wendy's on island although they are on the mainland, I'll stick to McDs and A&W.

S/F
D

LOL, how many of the places that engage in "suggest selling" also happen to have signs on the front door warning "No soliciting"? Should appy to them, as well. Think I'll bring that up the next time, LOL.

Why do they stop at "apple pie" if they're going to do that. Might as well just read off the entire rest of the *&%$#@!!! menu, listing off EVERY item that I DIDN'T order!

That would make for a good candid camera episode, wouldn't it?

This reminds me of the Michael Douglas character in "Falling Down"...when he goes to Whammy Burger and wants breakfast and is five minutes too late. He just goes off on them!!
I don't eat at Wendys or McDonalds anymore. The Wednesday night before Thanksgiving in '99 was the last time I ate at Mickey Dees. I got so sick we had to cancel Thanksgiving dinner....and everyone was coming to our house!!
I vowed then and there to never set foot in that place again!

I had a beef <grin> with them about a year ago when they ran a free airline ticket promotion that accumulated credits with the purchase of any meal. The offer didn't exclude breakfast but the store employees would give me a hassle every time I requested the 'proof of purchase'.
Wendy's has a breakfast menu? :confused:

Speaking of anoying fast food chains , I like to have some KFC every now and then and yet the staff there are complete idiots , they will let food run out while there are huge lines and then say oh it will be 20 minutes and they never smile or have any appreciation for the job they just dawdle around taking there time not thinking about whats best for the customer , and ive seen on a number of ocasions people go there and order a combo or something or order a whole lot of stuff and you will think you get everything then leave and notice you have only a little of what you ordered and then when you go back to complain they pack a tantram because you are complaining about there stupid mistake.

Why do they stop at "apple pie" if they're going to do that. Might as well just read off the entire rest of the *&%$#@!!! menu, listing off EVERY item that I DIDN'T order!

That would make for a good candid camera episode, wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

LOL, Now that would be funny

D

This reminds me of the Michael Douglas character in "Falling Down"...when he goes to Whammy Burger and wants breakfast and is five minutes too late. He just goes off on them!!
I don't eat at Wendys or McDonalds anymore. The Wednesday night before Thanksgiving in '99 was the last time I ate at Mickey Dees. I got so sick we had to cancel Thanksgiving dinner....and everyone was coming to our house!!
I vowed then and there to never set foot in that place again!

ACTUALLY, I think he was there five minutes BEFORE breakfast was supposed to end, and they told him it was over. I thought he was well within his rights! :D I LOVED that movie, BTW.

In my business, food poisoning at least a couple times a year is just a way of life.

I stopped into an Old Country Buffet (chain) in Perth Amboy New Jersey recently. Their sign says they close at 8:30. I walked up at 8:20. Apparently they wanted to get out of there, so the manager made me an offer. "You eat free, but we're taking the food up at 8:45." I said "Deal!" :)

Speaking of anoying fast food chains , I like to have some KFC every now and then and yet the staff there are complete idiots , they will let food run out while there are huge lines and then say oh it will be 20 minutes and they never smile or have any appreciation for the job they just dawdle around taking there time not thinking about whats best for the customer , and ive seen on a number of ocasions people go there and order a combo or something or order a whole lot of stuff and you will think you get everything then leave and notice you have only a little of what you ordered and then when you go back to complain they pack a tantram because you are complaining about there stupid mistake.

Do any of your KFC's over there have the buffet? The ones with it are the only ones I'll eat at over here.

Speaking of companies that pull you in with one thing...

Anybody catch the latest VISA commercial where the tourist girl arrives in the Big City (reading a map off the subway), breaks her heel and ends up going on a whirlwind shopping spree, all to the tune "Downtown"?

So, she can fix her heel for $20 cash and go about her day, or, as the commercial depicts, buy a new dress and shoes and have her hair done (all for about $600) and put it on her credit card?

And we wonder why this country is constantly in debt? :mad:

I heard that the game of "Life" just got a bunch of money from one of the credit card companies to change it's format. Now you play for "credits" instead of dollars.

Supposedly there was a credit card Barbie out a few years ago that was also bankrolled by credit card companies. They try to get into the minds of kids as young as possible.

I remember a bank president giving a speach at our high school graduation ceremony, pounding into us the importance of a good credit scrore.

Not to forget AOL who abused my credit card for months .
Time Life is another abuser who always makes you regret a purchase.
I know Ron has little choice as most fast food places don't have parking for the big rigs but for those on the go that eat out a lot don't look at hiring practices anymore or you will starve to death.
I know a kid who has worked at fast food places since the 11 th grade and he has never even had a food handlers permit or the required TB test.
I read the other day about a guy who worked in a restaurant who carried a strain of TB that is resistant to treatment who was arrested because he was a danger to customers and aquaintinces.
All I can say is this is crazy.
Yeah I eat out too often too but I'm going on a diet now and eat fruit and salads.
What you say! Oh no someone just hollered out don't eat the fruit cause much of it is imported and has been sprayed with substances banned for years here!
That's it I'm going squirrel and just eat nuts!
Well I'm almost sixty and not dead yet so I guess I'll continue to roll the dice and eat where ever I fancy.
Shouldn't foreign produced foods be labeled as such?
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that produce appearing out of season for the US comes from Chile or somewhere wayyyy down south.
But hot house tomatoes have been and are now a fixture in many stores.
All this talk of food reminds me I last ate 4 states ago and I'm now at home for a few days and have to either go to the store or eat out.
Breakfast Tacos it is!

LOL Larry, you can't exactly pull a barge into wherever you want either, can you? Do you guys have kitchens in those things?

Weird little derailment, (at least it's MY thread! :D ) but I was never made to eat salads as a kid, so I never developed a taste for them....until recently. I thought I'd save a little time a couple months ago and grab four of those "Tornado" things off the roller grill in a Pilot on the way and call it a quick breakfast. I was being smart and saving time.

Yeah, right. Food poisoning and not able to eat for the next two days. P*ssed me off to the point, and I know they're not related, but while I was in the middle of that and feeling like crap, I resolved that, when I could keep something down again, I didn't just want to feel as good as I did before the poisoning, but better. Since then I've been making myself eat salads and fruit every day that I can, which was most. I've avoided the truckstop buffets for years because spending over $10 for just meats and vegetables was a rip off to me. Now that it's salad, fruit, soup, meats, and vegetables, it's not such a bad deal. Heckuva meal, actually. Feel a LOT better.

Of course, now I'm back to delivering cabinets in the northeast (which is great for funny car money) and not around the big chain truckstops so much, thus the Wendy's fiasco.

Oh yeah Ron got a great Galley with freezers and enough food to stock a small market.
Truth is we carry so much cause we never know when we will get restocked again.
I'm still looking for a four star Chef cause all the young guys want is meat and potatoes .
Nope I've only pulled into a fast food place with 900ft. of barges in a nightmare.
Several other pilots have that same dream so I now blow whistle signals every time I have one [ about once or twice a year ] in case another one is nearby. LOL
They have us studying REM sleep and dreams compliments of the Government . They also want us to change our sleep schedule but I told them it already changed with the time change so I'll just pass.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back