Fox TV (1 Viewer)

She was on the track because the safety safari had to clean up a mess after both her runs yesterday.

was watching old gatornationals race the other nite on the nhra channel that is on various streaming channels.....it was the era of del worsham driving
the al anabi TF'r, so it wasn't that long ago.......noticed at 1000' finish line there were vertical orange pylons against the wall at 1000' on both sides of track. (approx. 6-8' high)
did this visual help the drivers? the announcers? the tv viewers? what is the reason it is not used anymore? seems like a good idea?

was watching old gatornationals race the other nite on the nhra channel that is on various streaming channels.....it was the era of del worsham driving
the al anabi TF'r, so it wasn't that long ago.......noticed at 1000' finish line there were vertical orange pylons against the wall at 1000' on both sides of track. (approx. 6-8' high)
did this visual help the drivers? the announcers? the tv viewers? what is the reason it is not used anymore? seems like a good idea?
They were there so the drivers could see the finish line. They just replaced them with the orange triangles that hang off the walls that are still used to this day.

They were there so the drivers could see the finish line. They just replaced them with the orange triangles that hang off the walls that are still used to this day.
i would maybe argue that the return of the orange pylons would still be visible to drivers, but more importantly to the nhra fox announcers and tv viewers when
the fox tv camera is placed at 1320' and nobody can tell where the damn finish line is, either live, or during replays.

i would maybe argue that the return of the orange pylons would still be visible to drivers, but more importantly to the nhra fox announcers and tv viewers when
the fox tv camera is placed at 1320' and nobody can tell where the damn finish line is, either live, or during replays.
That issue is down to NHRA and/or Fox laziness more than anything. Previously, they had two camera towers, one at 1,000 feet and one at 1,320. The cameraman would switch back and forth for the different classes so that the camera would always be at the finish line currently in use. But this year, they decided to only use one camera tower at 1,320 for every class, including nitro, making the nitro classes look more distorted and confusing than they need to be.

I wonder what would be worse. Driving a dragster, scraping the wall at the finish line, and hitting those orange triangles or hitting cones.

1.68 million viewers for reading race. 200,000 for st. louis.
just think how royce rudeen with leah, PPG with tasca, and pep boys sponsoring the race, all felt with those wonderful results.
or how the ice beverage and baya V DA snacks felt after sponsoring leah and hagan at the st. louis race.
i think most sponsors would say they'd rather have 1.68 million viewers watching someone lose, than have 200,000 watch someone win.

recent kelly crandall interview with amanda busick; moving into nascar truck territory.....didn't watch race last nite, but i'm sure she was on broadcast?
saw jamie howe duing arca race earlier today.....couple of talented women. nhra is fortunate to have them.

recent kelly crandall interview with amanda busick; moving into nascar truck territory.....didn't watch race last nite, but i'm sure she was on broadcast?
saw jamie howe duing arca race earlier today.....couple of talented women. nhra is fortunate to have them.
Yes, both Amanda and Jamie were on pit road last night. It would have been funny if Amanda interviewed Tanner Gray who btw finished 2nd last night.

Amanda looks like a natural. Much more relaxed environment. In NHRA she's interviewing adrenaline pumped drivers fresh off of 200+mph to 330+mph intense runs. In Nascar, she's getting them before the intense action. I think she does a great job either way. I didn't see much of Jamie but she's great as well.

Ron Capps and Steve Torrence have gotten some great pub down there as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back