Fox TV (1 Viewer)

I can not stand the 2 announcers. From Tony bashing everybody who gets a little crooked or close to the edge as a poor driver to the other idiot screaming every time a pair leave and somebody has .02 on the other due to RT. I record them all the time and fast forward thru all the recaps and sponsor spewing interviews. My god, somebody give Brittney some valium and tell her to slow down talking.
Give her a break, she's got an excitable personality like her old man, and she's very passionate, is that a bad thing now? Everyone is different, Doug Kalitta could win the title on the heels of a 3.59/
340 run and he probably wouldn't be too much more excited, that's just his style. Everybody is different, yet so many here criticize no matter what end of the spectrum an interview is at.

Now we're name calling because the announcer is yelling while calling the best side by side, inch by inch racing that we've had in years. Ridiculous.

Maybe Fox and the Golf Channel van switch broadcasters since it seems like that's what the fans want.
Golf channel announcers is the best comparison ever!!
I want to hear laid back announcing, proper car audio for all classes, using modern audio technology, continuing excellent video and as technology allows keeping up with the current standards. Let's make NHRA broadcasting BETTER than any other sport, instead of the old ways they use now.
Drag Racing on TV should be a mind melting experience, instead of a recap and gabfest

While I admit to being critical of the Fox announcers’ chatter, they do not hold a candle to the guys who call the F1 races.
They must mainline Red Bull.
Speaking of Red Bull, uhh, never mind.

Lohnes wont stop talking until the light is green,its not a song on a radio that you have to speak until the song/artist starts to sing

My god, somebody give Brittney some valium and tell her to slow down talking.
She can't help it. Her Dad is John Force. LOL

I get a kick outta most drivers interviews after a race because they quickly say a few things and run off. I'd like it if they'd interview more drivers after a run (win or lose).

Now we're name calling because the announcer is yelling while calling the best side by side, inch by inch racing that we've had in years. Ridiculous. I have no problem with it. Love him or hate him, Tony is going to give you honest commentary. Might not like it but it is what it is.

Maybe Fox and the Golf Channel van switch broadcasters since it seems like that's what the fans want.
Maybe they should watch a Main Event video,,,,1989 Superbowl of Drag Racing would be a start or Rocking and Racing. Those in the booth could learn a lot from Dean Pappadeas.

Golf channel announcers is the best comparison ever!!
I want to hear laid back announcing, proper car audio for all classes, using modern audio technology, continuing excellent video and as technology allows keeping up with the current standards. Let's make NHRA broadcasting BETTER than any other sport, instead of the old ways they use now.
Drag Racing on TV should be a mind melting experience, instead of a recap and gabfest
Then they would need to use the cameras from Main Event videos. Let Dean Pappadaes produce it!

Give her a break, she's got an excitable personality like her old man, and she's very passionate, is that a bad thing now? Everyone is different, Doug Kalitta could win the title on the heels of a 3.59/
340 run and he probably wouldn't be too much more excited, that's just his style. Everybody is different, yet so many here criticize no matter what end of the spectrum an interview is at.
Also, she is usually interviewed right after she gets out of the car so I'm sure the adrenaline is still pumping.

I can not stand the 2 announcers. From Tony bashing everybody who gets a little crooked or close to the edge as a poor driver to the other idiot screaming every time a pair leave and somebody has .02 on the other due to RT. I record them all the time and fast forward thru all the recaps and sponsor spewing interviews. My god, somebody give Brittney some valium and tell her to slow down talking.
She’s gonna need that passion with several drivers turning in .040 and .050 lights.

here is a good article by kelly crandall regarding the recent keystone nationals race.......all the way around a great weekend for nhra.
have not seen any stats on zmax2 from last weekend.

Yes, fixed.
You had it right the first time Paul, .065. If any driver, Pro or Sportsman, averaged a .650 reaction time when a perfect light is .000, you would be talking about a driver who seldom wins if ever. ;-)

First round .150 light vs Prock, got lucky he smoked the tires. She will need to tighten it up in round 2.

It happens. That was her first really bad one in awhile. Clay Millican was .319 a few weeks ago and won. Steve and Josh have gotten away with similar lights to hers this season as well. So, do we really need a Brittany Force RT update every race?

I've been wondering why she can never seem to get her car off the track? Not being a smartass or disparaging. It just seems like every single run, she's stranded out on the track. I'm curious as to why this is happening over and over again.

I've been wondering why she can never seem to get her car off the track? Not being a smartass or disparaging. It just seems like every single run, she's stranded out on the track. I'm curious as to why this is happening over and over again.
I'll tell you why, it's a tactic Force drivers have been doing for years, if one of their team-mates is running behind them they stop on the track to give them a little more time to adjust the tune-up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back