Fox TV (1 Viewer)

aakar

Nitro Member
Whoever produced the garbage on Fox today needs immediate termination, everything from the bass rumble that was thru out most of the broadcast, the recaps instead of real racing, the yelling from the announcer, having to record 3 different shows to get the whole 2 hr program
Why on Earth can the NHRA not get proper audio either on Fox (sound going from speaker to speaker, changing pitch, no audio sync with the cars, bass rumble thru out) to NHRA.TV (cant hear the cars, announcer yelling)
In 2022 this is ridiculous, NHRA embarrassed themselves on their most important broadcast in front of a huge NFL audience, no wonder no one watches.
What is the sense in investing significant money on high end audio equipment, only having to turn it off, while NHRA is on the air?
So sick of this, we have THE most audio centric sport on Earth, with incredible audio technology available and all we get is 1920’s audio garbage

I recorded the late broadcast and got to see it all plus skipping most of the fluff. I knoew when NHRA was on with NFL NFL was going to get whatever time they needed

Bummed about having the channels switch right at the finals, as I don’t have Fox1. On a positive note the drone footage was great.

NHRA.TV was ok today. You just have to endure some really goofy mic work by the announcers. Let the racing produce the drama.

It seemed like Camping World had a much smaller footprint on their telecast. Hmmmm.

Announcer was great. I feel like some of you would complain about that no matter who is in the booth. Similar to fans of the NFL, NBA, and MLB. The production on the other hand was as sloppy as I've ever seen.

I'm in the DC market. WFT played at 1pm so my broadcast wasn't until after that game at 5pm. Then when I turn it on they're doing one of the most bland postgame shows that I've ever seen. 5:15 is when they started to wrap it up. My broadcast started with one run left in the first round of Top Fuel. Just all the way messy.

And switching channels during the finals? I missed the rest of the finals because when I switched over to FS1 they were running an old Nascar race from the early 2010's. So I guess if you were in the market that showed the broadcast at 2pm, you got to see the conclusion if you switched over at 4pm.

I recorded it and watched a couple hours later. So I'm watching the recording and after a couple hours the broadcast ends and they say to switch over. Over to what !!!!! It was long over hours ago. WTF........

I recently watched a tribute to Dave McClelland, one of the all-time best announcers. Guess what he did while the cars were going down the track? HE DESCRIBED THE ACTION AS IT OCCURRED.

To suggest talking over the cars is something goofy or yelling, is just a chance for crybabies to **** on Alan, Brian et al. The NHRA announcers do an outstanding job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently watched a tribute to Dave McClelland, one of the all-time best announcers. Guess what he did while the cars were going down the track? HE DESCRIBED THE ACTION AS IT OCCURRED.

To suggest talking over the cars is something goofy or yelling, is just a chance for crybabies to shit on Alan, Brian et al. The NHRA announcers do an outstanding job.
The NHRA announcers do an outstanding very knowledgeable job, NOBODY is “********” on them the car audio issue is NOT on them.
Now… let’s us talk about the producer and the audio engineer…..

Last edited by a moderator:
The NHRA announcers do an outstanding very knowledgeable job, NOBODY is “********” on them the car audio issue is NOT on them.
Now… let’s us talk about the producer and the audio engineer…..
Dean Pappadas Main Event videos is how it should be done. The announcers and camermen should learn from those videos. The Main Event cameras were much better than what they have today.

Dean Pappadas Main Event videos is how it should be done. The announcers and camermen should learn from those videos. The Main Event cameras were much better than what they have today.
Dean was using standard definition Beta and VHS cameras! Showed NHRA how to incorporate a killer announcer/car sound mix.A pioneer far far ahead of his time, should have been made NHRAVice President of Broadcasting. I could only imagine what he would have done with 4K and Atmos technologies, NHRA would have been winning Emmys and a huge TV audience

I can not stand the 2 announcers. From Tony bashing everybody who gets a little crooked or close to the edge as a poor driver to the other idiot screaming every time a pair leave and somebody has .02 on the other due to RT. I record them all the time and fast forward thru all the recaps and sponsor spewing interviews. My god, somebody give Brittney some valium and tell her to slow down talking.

the skewed perspective given by the fixed camera at 1320' makes it impossible to tell who wins at 1000' in a close race. the two announcers get it wrong a lot.
it getting really old when you can't even tell who won until the statistics flash on the screen. put the camera at 1000'. show the nitro cars correctly.

Now we're name calling because the announcer is yelling while calling the best side by side, inch by inch racing that we've had in years. Ridiculous. I have no problem with it. Love him or hate him, Tony is going to give you honest commentary. Might not like it but it is what it is.

Maybe Fox and the Golf Channel van switch broadcasters since it seems like that's what the fans want.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back