Force racing on hiatus? (1 Viewer)

anybody at indy see any of the JFR crew guys today ? maybe they can shed some light on their plans or problems.
asking for a friend...šŸ˜·

All of the teams are doing the best they can for the FANS and the sport. We all have hard choices to make. I respect everyoneā€™s decisions.
Well said. I just watched the qualifying and I have to say that the track organization, masking etc. were excellent. Didnā€™t see any shots from the pits so fingers crossed there tomorrow. Even the independent teams made some good representative runs so it was entertaining. Kudos to the teams competing and the Force thing will work itself out.

Total and complete speculation on my part- two huge shocking things this offseason-JFR silence and Baderā€™s shutdown for the season, could they be related? Possible split with NHRA? Donā€™t mind me, just thinking out loud!

ā€œThereā€™s going to be a small asterisk beside (the name of) whoever wins here. Itā€™s not going to be put next to any records. From my standpoint, thereā€™s already an asterisk. When you donā€™t have John Force out here, itā€™s because heā€™s not physically out here, for whatever reason,ā€ Capps said.

[QUOTE
Heard from a mutual friend three weeks ago that things were very slim financially at JFR - possible pay cuts for everyone. Have heard from John's friend several times over the years that John will not borrow money to race. Think JFR fans would want to know what is going on, but I'm not in John's unenviable position.

Would the Paycheck Protection Program help out JFR? It may not put the cars back on the track but it may help John keep his employees.

Maybe semi off topic but related if itā€™s a sponsorship problem. Without knowing for sure, my guess is that none of the racing sponsorships have any return on investment. Itā€™s harder to explain the expense in a large corporation. Smaller ones or non incorporated types can do it just because they like the sport or have relationships with the drivers or owners. I mean, do you know anyone who really drinks Mello Yellow? Does any garage or dealer use E3 spark plugs? Who buys Amalie? Does AAA of SoCal sell more memberships due to NHRA? Certainly not LRS selling more software. Itā€™s a rich manā€™s sport. Times are tough.

I just heard the main reason that JFR ain't racing is NHRA cutting the purse. Force's quote to a friend was, and I'll paraphrase here, "I ain't running my cars for cheap, if you do it once they'll want you to do it again"
In case you didn't see the purse for yesterday's race here it is:
Purse.jpg
Purse.jpg

Would the Paycheck Protection Program help out JFR? It may not put the cars back on the track but it may help John keep his employees.
It most likely helped, but it only goes so far.
Best case, PPP funds will cover your payroll expenses for about 10 weeks.

There is a thread right here on Nitromater discussing this very topic. I'm not sure how to link to the thread, but the thread name is Paycheck Protection Program and Drag Racing. Doug Kalitta Holdings took $5Million-$10Million. DSR took between $1.35M-$3M. JFR either took zero or less than $150k as this team was not on the list of companies who took more than $150k. The thread has links to the Treasury website if you want to do some more searching on your own.

being only 2 qualifying runs vs 4 and assuming u make all the runs the purse now is better
if u end up 1st round r/u or even make it to 2nd round
before u make 5 runs for 10k = 2k per run
now u make 3 runs for 7.5k = 2.5k per run
before 2nd round is 6 runs for 14k = 2.3k per run
now 2nd round is 4 runs for 10k = 2.5k per run
this is just the money available nothing taken out like everything and then some to get there
the only way to make any money in racing nitro is to have many sponsors lol
so hats off to all the sponsors that make dragracing possible !!!

Here is a link to an article that Susan Wade did at Comp Plus about the payout.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back