Force racing on hiatus? (1 Viewer)

Read that they’re not going to Indy this morning , they ( news source ) said they didn’t Know about rest of the year, bummer it’s for rest of the year

Not sure what this is all about. But if it's Covid, he's not only protecting himself, but the whole team. His daughter and son in law also race. Austin Prock is also a part of the team. If he feels this is what he has to do, then so be it.

Guys, figure it out, the reason Force isn't racing is money. He lost Chevy (and others) as sponsors and he doesn't want to race with his own money. Covid-19 plays into the equation but money is the main reason he ain't racing. Plus the price of nitro went up while NHRA cut the purse, I think Force made the right decision. I believe that a lot more races will be cancelled before this mess is over.

That leads me to think this is a season cancellation. Running Indy would be the least expensive for them so hard to imagine skipping Indy and then heading 1000s of miles to run. Sponsors were already tough but likely impossible now. But .... my sponsorship hero is Jim Dunn. How does he get all those small, short term deals? Not to mention, how does he manage the rigors of racing at his age? Oh well, back to Force topic.

Guys, figure it out, the reason Force isn't racing is money. He lost Chevy (and others) as sponsors and he doesn't want to race with his own money. Covid-19 plays into the equation but money is the main reason he ain't racing. Plus the price of nitro went up while NHRA cut the purse, I think Force made the right decision. I believe that a lot more races will be cancelled before this mess is over.

I really hope losing Chevrolet is temporary just for this year. At any rate, not having JFR just reinforces our decision to not attend this year's Gatornationals. I'll be there in 2021.

That leads me to think this is a season cancellation. Running Indy would be the least expensive for them so hard to imagine skipping Indy and then heading 1000s of miles to run. Sponsors were already tough but likely impossible now. But .... my sponsorship hero is Jim Dunn. How does he get all those small, short term deals? Not to mention, how does he manage the rigors of racing at his age? Oh well, back to Force topic.
I'm thinking he has one helluva PR man! As for doing what he does at his age, you gotta respect the man for that. Now, back to our regular scheduled Force program.

NHRA has always helped Big Jim. :)

Not sure what this is all about. But if it's Covid, he's not only protecting himself, but the whole team. His daughter and son in law also race. Austin Prock is also a part of the team. If he feels this is what he has to do, then so be it.
The entire family IS the team, even his grandkids are racing so they have a lot of potential exposure risk. When we had the Jr divisional back in February it was John and Laurie, Danny and Ashley, Robert, and the three kids racing, so it goes beyond the professional "team". Do I think John would hang back for the sake and safely of his family? Absolutely.

That Force lost Chevy and others is all rumor. The only true info is they are not racing this weekend.. Nothing else has been put out by JFR or any sponsors so not racing this weekend is all anyone other than JFR knows. Anything else is pure speculation.

That Force lost Chevy and others is all rumor. The only true info is they are not racing this weekend.. Nothing else has been put out by JFR or any sponsors so not racing this weekend is all anyone other than JFR knows. Anything else is pure speculation.
Bingo...

The speculation and rumors about JFR not racing are over the top. The Covid rumor is the most ridiculous, as Force and family have been traveling to Lake Tahoe for vacations among other places. Courtney and Graham have been racing Indy Car. The family has been on the road racing Jr. Dragster. They definitely aren't hiding in a bunker somewhere afraid of the Rona.

Since he's on this site and I always value his opinion, I wonder how Don Schumacher feels about racing when his biggest competition isn't.... you would expect relief but I would find it less exciting and fufilling to know the Force cars were all parked and not in the game.....

Since he's on this site and I always value his opinion, I wonder how Don Schumacher feels about racing when his biggest competition isn't.... you would expect relief but I would find it less exciting and fufilling to know the Force cars were all parked and not in the game.....
I am not a DSR fan but I have to believe that right now Don has 2 major concerns on his mind:
1. The health of his teams and employees
2. The future of NHRA being able to stay a viable business if the rest of the season is cancelled after Indy II
DSR and JFR are major competitors in the Pro's and would like to beat each other every time they race but neither wants the other to go away. They know the sport needs both.

All of the teams are doing the best they can for the FANS and the sport. We all have hard choices to make. I respect everyone’s decisions.
Well said. Hoping I can fly from NY to Gainesville without quarantine. Hate to not use my reserved seat tickets but what can one do under the circumstances.

This sport needs to be cheaper so we don't have to rely on JFR and DSR and Kalitta to try and fill fields. DSM and Don Schumacher I know have brought competition in some of the industry and have lowered the cost, but we need more. No one wants to go slower, but wouldn't you rather lose 3 tenths and fill fields as opposed to using the latest, greatest, and cost disasters for small teams. Even "good" used parts teams buy, how bout something where they can buy NEW parts. Have FC having to break the 4.10 barrier again, I rather see that with 16 cars than the 12-14 lately. We will never see a TF 3.62/336 or an FC 3.79/339 ever again, those days are over.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back