Force racing on hiatus? (1 Viewer)

I have heard the same thing about JFR, hoping it's not permanent. I would have thought AAA and Peak sponsorship would have been fine.

JFR may not be on the first Indy list, but is on the remaining races....maybe that was from prior to the shutdown

JFR may not be on the first Indy list, but is on the remaining races....maybe that was from prior to the shutdown
I believe Force racing was entered for every race prior to the start of the season. So any added race they would need to enter them separately. On social media, I have not seen anything about them running or skipping the first two Indy races. I could see some sponsorships being cut due to the pandemic but even if one or two cars had issues the others would be good to run. If anything maybe John doesn’t want to risk the health of himself or anyone on his team. Kind of crazy to think that they might not be racing.

I am just extremely worried now that the rumor is sort of out about JFR, TR answered from their fb post. I certainly would not expect up to date entry lists from the NHRA web team for this season. I am just kind of afraid that this enormous question now, if it is true, the NHRA will say "you know what, 2021 it is. This is too hard."

I believe Force racing was entered for every race prior to the start of the season. So any added race they would need to enter them separately. On social media, I have not seen anything about them running or skipping the first two Indy races. I could see some sponsorships being cut due to the pandemic but even if one or two cars had issues the others would be good to run. If anything maybe John doesn’t want to risk the health of himself or anyone on his team. Kind of crazy to think that they might not be racing.
Good point. The only “added race” is Indy1

Let’s assume it’s true. This is the 2020 nail in the coffin. Things are covid nuts again. Sports are what they are because of the personalities playing them. Ok, maybe less so with racing bc of the thunder and all. No disrespect to other teams but if an unknown hits a Tiger like golf shot or a great home run, it’s not the same. I hope the Forces and all racing families are safe. I’ll wait for 2021 and support like never before.

It is true, JFR will not be competing in 2020. From what I heard, and I don't know if this is true or not, NHRA cutting the purse by 25% was the straw that broke the camels back for JFR.

New Purse
Purse.jpg

Bob Doerrer:
If anyone can find out just what is going on it is you!
You always seem to have more connections to the drag racing world than anyone.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and information with the rest of us.
Jim Hill

$35,000 might pay the OTR costs for one team. Drag racing has never been on a par with purses, as compared to Indy Car, etc etc. OK, if Force won't race and a number of others as well, would that lead to 8 car fields? If that would be the case, be interesting to see who would win the championships for 2020. How far back would you have to go to not have a Champion? I think AHRA had champions before NHRA, which started in 1958. To quote my fav announcer, I could be wrong.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back