Force interview (1 Viewer)

I thought he said something about that last year when Castrol resigned him. That next year was when he was turning over the reins. But I could be mistaken.

I wonder which way it'll go?

Don Prudhomme stepped out of the car, put Larry Dixon behind the wheel, and never looked back.:)

Meanwhile, Kenny B looked incredibly miserable standing at the starting line while Brandon started making laps.:mad:

I wonder which way it'll go?

Although I think John's type-A personality might make it hard, a key difference is that John has had a LOT of practice over the last decade or so watching other members of his race team run. Rushes back to the starting line to see every one of them race. Cheers them on relentlessly. Seems honestly happy when Ashley or Robert win.

Compare that to KB who really only had the choice of "me or Brandon". Had to be much harder.

Although I think John's type-A personality might make it hard, a key difference is that John has had a LOT of practice over the last decade or so watching other members of his race team run. Rushes back to the starting line to see every one of them race. Cheers them on relentlessly. Seems honestly happy when Ashley or Robert win.

Compare that to KB who really only had the choice of "me or Brandon". Had to be much harder.

Excellent point, Christopher.

I don't remember his exact words, but I thought he said something like "I may only have a few more chances", not 2, but I'd have to see the interview again. As for the interview about his #3 ranking, it was obvious that he didn't even know what Dave what talking about, definitely not prepped.

I kinda wish I hadn't gotten into the habit of skipping over Force interviews. By the time I read this thread I had already deleted the recording and missed the interview.

type A personalities that you meet in life are often successful.
they get things done - know how to give orders, make decisions, etc.
somebody's got to be the leader and in nhra drag racing there's a handful
of influential people and john force is one of them right now.

john couldn't turn away from a camera if he tried; maybe after this weekend
he'll try to tone it down a little........we'll see.

if anyone is ripping on BP, it is CNN and the networks.

John is a clown. I mean that respectfully. It takes a lot of talent to make fast-talking responses entertaining. Ironically, if he is to be believed on this, Beck is a clown too.
Jonh has been a big part of the growth of our sport. Sometimes his schtick grows a bit tiresome, but you can't help but admire what he has accomplished.
For my part, I believe that the NHRA would benefit if their TV team did more to find good stories in the less heralded teams. Force will always be good for a story - or a controversy. Just now, the NHRA needs to provide airtime to the up and comers and the lesser funded teams.
Cheers,
Ed

Fox news sucks, this thread sucks. Did I miss anything??

Man this forum sure took a 'dive'

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and I'm out.

Peace.

Last edited:
Fox news sucks, this thread sucks. Did I miss anything??

And to think, Fox News says such nice things about Australia.

John Force is the reason for this thread. Send complaints to JFR, 22722 Old Canal Road, Yorba Linda, CA 92887

Probably.

Now, what can we do to cheer you up, mate?:)

And to think, Fox News says such nice things about Australia.

John Force is the reason for this thread. Send complaints to JFR, 22722 Old Canal Road, Yorba Linda, CA 92887

Probably.

Now, what can we do to cheer you up, mate?:)

Do they? I hardly ever have anything nice to say about my own country. Hahaha. America on the other hand... I really should just stay out here :)

Oh yeah, to make me happy? Green Card? That would be nice ;)

Haven't you heard? Coming to America is a piece of cake. Just make sure everyone knows you're illegal. You'll be welcomed with all manners of hospitality and free stuff. The problems start once you actually get that green card :D

OK, so back on topic momentarily :D

Look, I respect John Force. He’s accomplished more than just about anyone, and he’s built an empire out of fuel racing, and that’s no easy feat. But the (apparent) dive at Indy 2009 – while making perfect business sense – was a travesty against sportsmanship and cheapened the drag racing brand. While it may have been possible to contrive the championship prior to the (odious) countdown, it still made me respect him less because it was so blatant.

Like others I am so tired of the ESPN/JFR love affair that it makes watching the broadcasts almost unbearable. Yes, I get that he is the most recognizable name in drag racing; that he is very successful at attracting sponsorship; etc, etc. but there are other stories out there. After all John came from humble beginnings and is a picture of the success one can achieve when the right combination of drive and effort come together. So let’s give some other teams and drivers air time and help out their sponsorship opportunities at the same time! Maybe Force, acknowledging his rags-to-riches story, should suggest this to ESPN himself?

OK, so back on topic momentarily :D

Look, I respect John Force. He’s accomplished more than just about anyone, and he’s built an empire out of fuel racing, and that’s no easy feat. But the (apparent) dive at Indy 2009 – while making perfect business sense – was a travesty against sportsmanship and cheapened the drag racing brand. While it may have been possible to contrive the championship prior to the (odious) countdown, it still made me respect him less because it was so blatant.

Like others I am so tired of the ESPN/JFR love affair that it makes watching the broadcasts almost unbearable. Yes, I get that he is the most recognizable name in drag racing; that he is very successful at attracting sponsorship; etc, etc. but there are other stories out there. After all John came from humble beginnings and is a picture of the success one can achieve when the right combination of drive and effort come together. So let’s give some other teams and drivers air time and help out their sponsorship opportunities at the same time! Maybe Force, acknowledging his rags-to-riches story, should suggest this to ESPN himself?

Heart warming stories don't sell. Yeah, they feel good for the minute, then who really cares. Unless that person steps up and asserts himself to the viewers and keeps the ball rolling from race to race, they just fade away....
Remember Whit? Ditching Whit was a bad move NHRA..

Personalities sell.
Want to replace Force as the unofficial spokesman for the NHRA?
Come up with someone who makes the viewer take a second look...

The NHRA is full of duds.
Shu comes off as a silver spooner, and has done nothing to dispel that perception. .
I love Antron, but his voice box kills him.
Robert Hight sounds like he tries to be Force.
I personally can't listen to Grubby for ten seconds.
The Ped bros had a shot, but they never really took on Force enough to bring more attention to themselves. I thought they would have stepped up.
There really isn't anybody who will put up their fists and take on some attention.

No matter how much you hate Nascar, most of their drivers per person have more personality than the entire NHRA put together.
I love Kurt Busch. Yeah, he's a spoiled little brat and a punk, but he's real and the SOB wants to freggin WIN.. The cameras are all over him, and his 14 man team is getting plenty of TV time. Everybody loves a comeback, and I like people who say what they feel, right or wrong.
So does Kyle. Love him or hate him, he's the best out there and he reminds you of that on the track when he wins. Tony leaves no prisoners...
I can keep going, but I think you get the point. There is nobody to replace Force yet...

In Force's defense, I would imagine Force is first person who is looking for some help to carry the NHRA.
Everybody needs a dancing partner to help maintain the viewers interest.

Last edited:
How did this thread get unearthed? You know who gives a great interview? TAD driver Chris Demke. He reminds me of Force, but if you pay attention, you can tell, he's very sincere, animated, excited, and driven...but he's not copying anyone. Same with Terry McMillen. I'm not saying we don't need more, bet we have some good personalities in addition to these two. Johnny Gray is surprisingly funny, Beckman gives great detailed interviews, Larry Morgan is awesome but doesn't get much airtime, and several others.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back