Force interview (1 Viewer)

Don't know ya, Jeremy, but if you're basing your political views on websites such as that one, you've got a pretty distorted view of America. The content at that place doesn't even qualify as rubbish. Try reading a neutral site sometime. I personally don't agree with Beck on many matters, and I can't stand to watch him more than about five minutes. His delivery is nearly as goofy as Force's was yesterday.

Ken Riegel pretty much hit the sweet spot, judging from what I've read so far. Can folks not understand? If John Force wants to fuss at Fox, he needs to get a spot on Hannity (same as his daughter did) and let 'em have it. When I want to listen to things political, I'll tune to one of those channels. Not ESPN.

I guarantee this has more to do with the bashing BP gets, more so than politics. I also really don't see why people have to be spoon fed, from BS sites like "The Glenn Beck Report", which more often than not takes everything out of context. Do your own unbiased research, and unfortunately you'll find he's right much more than he is wrong.

Don't know ya, Jeremy, but if you're basing your political views on websites such as that one, you've got a pretty distorted view of America. The content at that place doesn't even qualify as rubbish. Try reading a neutral site sometime. I personally don't agree with Beck on many matters, and I can't stand to watch him more than about five minutes. His delivery is nearly as goofy as Force's was yesterday.

Ken Riegel pretty much hit the sweet spot, judging from what I've read so far. Can folks not understand? If John Force wants to fuss at Fox, he needs to get a spot on Hannity (same as his daughter did) and let 'em have it. When I want to listen to things political, I'll tune to one of those channels. Not ESPN.

Agreed. That web site is full of personal opinions, and like Factcheck.org and Media Matters it is likely funded by Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro loving billionaire George Soros hinself. Only saying this because the site is so far over the top only a lunatic would check in daily for updates.

I'm looking at this with politics completely aside. I don't care if he called Keith Olbermann on MSNBC a "liar," who is 180 degrees apart from Beck. John Force (a public figure) called Glenn Beck (another public figure) a "liar" on national TV. Let's make this simple and flip it for the elitists. What if Glenn Beck said on his program "John Force is a cheater." Beck better have some facts to back up his claim or Force is coming after him, lawyers a-blazing, guaranteed.

Remember several years ago when Force's critics accused him of cheating? The car was checked over and over and the NHRA tech found nothing. After another typical Force interview at the top end tired of the whole thing Force unzipped his firesuit and let it drop to his ankles. In his underwear on national TV he said something like "Take a look. Do you see anything?" Show us what you've got to make such an accusation.

RG

Last edited:

Carl, I'm definitely not stupid enough to base the views of one website as my personal opinions, but my interaction with Beck "followers" and those who claim to follow every word he says, the outrageous claims that his followers make are much more subjective than an example website I gave. Truth be told, I went to google and put in "Glenn Beck lies" and that's the first I came up with.

The guy lies all the time. But whether or not you believe that depends on which TV station you watch.

And Randy, it's all about opinions. Every liberal believes that FOX lies all the time (just as they did to get Shirley Sherrod fired), and Force shouldn't be burned at the stake for that opinion. You hate MSNBC just as much as Force hates FOX. Force is a crazy, senile old man who can say whatever he wants because he's John Force. Who freaking cares. Let it go.

That's my whole point.

Hey - I'm willing to give Force a "pass" on this one.

If he was an Aussie, I'd say he was having a "walk-about". Just loopy.

'Kinda like my ole Irish Grandma who was (mostly) deaf-as-a-bat (at least, when convenient). Every so often, she'd "mis-hear" something and go-off-like-a-rocket. Leave her alone for the rest-of-the-day and she'd be good-as-new.

BTW: I think FOX (except for, maybe, O'Reilly) has been pretty even-handed about BP. I suspect John might be like so many who don't care for FOX - They don't watch FOX.

PS: He did apologize after Round 1 but, (like so-many Force statements) it didn't make a LOT of sense.

I forgive Force for losing some tact and control.

Do we want programmed robots or flesh and blood people? We can't have it both ways.

I concur enthusiastically with John's opinion of Fox News, also. What else would you expect from this Olbermann/Maddow/Ratigan fan, anyway? Even if he badmouthed something I favor, I would still applaud him for his candor and spontaneity and SPEAKING HIS MIND.

I wonder which Whit Bazemore favors: Fox News or MSNBC?

-90% jimmy

ps - I engage righties and conservatives a lot on my life. I treat them with respect and expect the same in return. I even went to the September 11, 2009 Tea Party in Hartford. Although my sign did say; "Teabaggers are astroturf puppets of fascist corporations". Just my way of keeping things fair and balanced.

And Randy, it's all about opinions. Every liberal believes that FOX lies all the time (just as they did to get Shirley Sherrod fired), and Force shouldn't be burned at the stake for that opinion. You hate MSNBC just as much as Force hates FOX. Force is a crazy, senile old man who can say whatever he wants because he's John Force. Who freaking cares. Let it go.

That's my whole point.

Join me on a politics board somewhere else, not here. Just to straighten out your time line, If you had been armed with any facts you would know the President's hit men told Shirley to resign before FOX aired one sentence about the event. Fox aired it after the White House fired her as a past tense event.

Also, in case you missed it, here's a link for you.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Defends Shirley Sherrod- Beck says "This Woman Deserves Her Job Back'

RG

Last edited:
I engage righties and conservatives a lot on my life. I treat them with respect and expect the same in return. I even went to the September 11, 2009 Tea Party in Hartford. Although my sign did say; "Teabaggers are astroturf puppets of fascist corporations". Just my way of keeping things fair and balanced.

Definition: "Teabagger" is a slang term...EDIT...definition removed to keep the family atmosphere around here intact. Look it up for yourself after the kids have gone to bed.

Last edited:
Folks, speaking as a moderator here, please let's just end this right now, and you can take the rest of it to the politics room.

I think we can all agree that the interview was a bit off kilter and a tad incoherent. John was clearly caught off guard. Everything after that isn't worth commenting on.

If this keeps going down the Fox/MSNBC note, I'll move the whole thing to the politics room for you.

Thank you.
Chris

-90% jimmy

ps - I engage righties and conservatives a lot on my life. I treat them with respect and expect the same in return. I even went to the September 11, 2009 Tea Party in Hartford. Although my sign did say; "Teabaggers are astroturf puppets of fascist corporations". Just my way of keeping things fair and balanced.

James,

Having attended several Tea Party events myself, I have a great deal more respect for someone who's actually been to one than someone who derives their opinion (pro or con) from what they see on TV. Good for you. (Pergoritive sign not withstanding. You wouldn't carry a sign which details "teabagging" (see Randy's note) in public, would you? It certainly wouldn't encourage civil discourse you'd be in favor of, eh?)

I see this has gone down the politics and who listens to what news thing so I am staying as far away from that as possible. But after seeing what Force said I still stand by what I said earlier. Even if it is the most stupidist statement a person can make it sure seems like someone is getting trashed for saying something. But to me now I don't know the guy but Force looked agitated like something was bothering him or was on his mind. I wouldn't be suprised if something was bothering him though I mean can you imagine how many people are breathing down his neck and telling him what to say and how to act. That guy must have more expectations put on him then anyone else.

I think we can all agree that the interview was a bit off kilter and a tad incoherent. John was clearly caught off guard.

Agree with you Chris, and we all have to remember that (to my knowledge) the interview was not live. ESPN had the choice to air it or not, and they obviously chose to air it.

...what id like to not seer anymore is the countless interviews wih tony shumacher, over the last 5 years hes gotten twice the air time as force, !
How about the countless interviews over the last couple of decades with Force? Surely you are proportionately tired of those?

Agree with you Chris, and we all have to remember that (to my knowledge) the interview was not live. ESPN had the choice to air it or not, and they obviously chose to air it.

Kind of true. ESPN does it in what is called "live to tape". They treat it as if it's a live event, and just tape it for play later. They only go back and edit for bad language and to clip for time. Yes, if I was the editor, I would've stripped it out, but ...

John Force said tonight that he's done with everything but racing. Dunn said "yeah we'll see how long that lasts". Hopefully we're done with the scooter episodes, etc.

Tony Shoe just made number two on the list, and what a class act he was in his interview. This thread has NOTHING to do with politics.

On another note, Jeggie has to be the number one pick of current drivers. We'll find out in two weeks.

Last edited:
Something John said tonight at the end of the program was sort of interesting. Did anyone else catch it? I can't spell it out verbatim, but when asked about repeating as champion, he said something to the effect of "I've only got two more chances....."

Is he finally talking retirement? :confused: Or is Castrol pulling a Budweiser, and forcing the issue of him stepping out of the seat in favor of younger talent?

Something John said tonight at the end of the program was sort of interesting. Did anyone else catch it? I can't spell it out verbatim, but when asked about repeating as champion, he said something to the effect of "I've only got two more chances....."

Is he finally talking retirement? :confused: Or is Castrol pulling a Budweiser, and forcing the issue of him stepping out of the seat in favor of younger talent?

I thought he said something about that last year when Castrol resigned him. That next year was when he was turning over the reins. But I could be mistaken.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back