FedEx - more money than sense! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Got an order at 5:00 pm Monday from FedEx for 600 VIP photo holders for this weekend's PGA event in Memphis. Had to be printed, coated, die cut and delivered by 10:00 am this morning. Of course, FedEx is headquartered in Memphis and owns Kinko's (which they acquired for two BILLION in cash).
Can Kinko's do this . . . no. Am I very happy to charge FedEx a LOT of money for us to bust our a$$es to get this done? - yes!
But, as I am headed to the bank, I know who will pay for this - FedEx customers. We receive pricing updates every day from FedEx and UPS and just pass them along to customers.
Because our color copiers were not working yesterday, I had to overnight a one pound package to Rich Bailey in Oregon - $60 -:eek: FedEx and UPS are covering increased costs (and probably making more money) while consumers have no options.

Because our color copiers were not working yesterday, I had to overnight a one pound package to Rich Bailey
Jim I thought you were going to say you had Kinko's do it. LOL

Got an order at 5:00 pm Monday from FedEx for 600 VIP photo holders for this weekend's PGA event in Memphis. Had to be printed, coated, die cut and delivered by 10:00 am this morning. Of course, FedEx is headquartered in Memphis and owns Kinko's (which they acquired for two BILLION in cash).
Can Kinko's do this . . . no. Am I very happy to charge FedEx a LOT of money for us to bust our a$$es to get this done? - yes!
But, as I am headed to the bank, I know who will pay for this - FedEx customers. We receive pricing updates every day from FedEx and UPS and just pass them along to customers.
Because our color copiers were not working yesterday, I had to overnight a one pound package to Rich Bailey in Oregon - $60 -:eek: FedEx and UPS are covering increased costs (and probably making more money) while consumers have no options.

Hmmm... I remember getting an email from Memphis on Wed asking if I were willing to forgo my bonus this year to help offset costs, due to the rising fuel costs and decrease in Express overnight shipping. Your price sheets are figures based off of many things, but company spending is not one of them. Jim, I am having some serious personal finantial issues, and really need this bonus, however because many of our previous managers did this after 9/11 in order to save Jobs, I, along with the other 7 other Managers in our location have all agreed to do this....Just so that we DON'T PASS THE BUCK TO OUR CUSTOMERS...

Oh, and there is an option... it's what many of our customers are doing. Being proactive with their orders. Finding ways to ship something 2 day or Express Saver instead of OVERNIGHT. Helpful hint, your E2 shipments usually FLY with your OVERNIGHT packages on the same plane to the same location. It usually arrives to the destination station the same day as your Priority package, and will usually be delivered (taged along) that same day.

Just thought you might want that inside info Jim.... And thanks for helping Fed Ex out for the Golf Tourny. And BTW... FED EX KINKO'S IS NOW "FED EX OFFICE". That $2,000,000,000 investment was worth us changing the name.

A Proud Fed Ex Express Manager

Timmah!

Monday I went and shipped a package via UPS and it cost me 55 dollars ground shipping. It was a heavy package, and it was slow to get there, but I couldn't have drove there for 55 bucks.

We ship hundreds of packages a year with FedEx using the express saver rate, and it is very fast. Usually 2 days. Many of our destinations are rural and don't offer overnight anyway.

By the way. What happens when they don't meet their overnight delivery promise? They don't offer any money back that I know of, and it's not worth fighting over I'm sure.

FedEx can't seem to find my place on time for some reason. The last 3 shipments that were sent to me thru FedEx all got here late, one of them by 10 days! :rolleyes:

I cant complain about FED-Ex or UPS. My house doesnt even face the street that my house address is on but our drivers alway come up a very long driveway and always leave our stuff on the patio even with dogs. George, our FED-EX driver, has even had a cold drink out of the freezer and come in the house to check on my 96 year old mother if we arent there.:D:):eek:

We ship hundreds of packages a year with FedEx using the express saver rate, and it is very fast. Usually 2 days. Many of our destinations are rural and don't offer overnight anyway.

By the way. What happens when they don't meet their overnight delivery promise? They don't offer any money back that I know of, and it's not worth fighting over I'm sure.

Actually they ... (WE) Do Jim.... some exceptions are when there are Weather or ACTS OF GOD delay's that we can't control. When in doubt, call 1-800-Go Fedex with your tracking number, and you'll be suprised how quick a refund can come.

REMEMBER FOLKS, FED EX is seperated into many different divisions. Fed Ex Express is the company I work for. There is also Fed Ex Ground, which are operated by Independant Contractors. It's not a perfect world and mistakes are made from time to time. But, give the company credit. Fed Ex Express has a 98.8% Service Commitment rate. When we are shipping over 2.4 million peices Daily, that's a pretty good percentage. However, like Fred Smith once said, "I am glad that we serviced 98.8% of our customers the way in which we should have, however what concerns me is not the 98.8%...but the 1.2% that we FAILED!"

I'm pleased with everybody but the USPS actually, and that's because I feel they have some crappy home delivery policies. You know, rules are rules. And their Postal Money Orders are not all that they're cracked up to be either.

We have shipped millions of dollars of equipment exclusively with FedEx and always insured to the hilt. One time in the 5 years I was there, we had to file a claim on a $1500 piece of equipment. It was a hassle and they treated it like maybe we were dummying up a claim. No big deal. They did eventually pay.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back