Excitement Gone! (2 Viewers)

Why shrink the fields? We're still getting full fields at almost all of the events, if the round money was brought into the 21st century we'd have privateers coming out more often. And I believe the Pro Mod guys like the schedule. I can't speak for them, but having to run 23 events would not be a good thing for the class.

Wednesday night at MIR.
10373995_10203342510615865_5470306832880658460_n.jpg

Not sure. Jason Miller from MIR posted it on FB. They have EXITING shows at MIR all the time. They had 600+ entries in an all motorcycle show last weekend. Pro street bike on DOT tires ran 220 mph.

That Pro Mod show must have been exiting to get that many people to the track on a Wednesday night.

Getting that many fans to a show on a Wed. night says a lot about Drag Racing in that area. Pro Mods put on a great show and to draw like that really makes you think about how in touch the track management is. Awesome :cool:

Not sure. Jason Miller from MIR posted it on FB. They have EXITING shows at MIR all the time. They had 600+ entries in an all motorcycle show last weekend. Pro street bike on DOT tires ran 220 mph.

That Pro Mod show must have been exiting to get that many people to the track on a Wednesday night.

and this weekend is Import Revolution that Luis Corujo from Paradise Racing is behind. They should have a great crowd for this Sunday.

I think the older generation grew up around cars. Used cars that needed to be fixed, which led to engine work, and then finally a little competition. That seed that used to be planted in everyone naturally isn't there anymore because cars have changed. Heck, I wonder if my son knows how to check the oil in his Liberty. I know my daughter doesn't. I've taken him to drag races when he was a kid, and he just couldn't relate because there was no need to work on vehicles..

Hindsight is always 20-20, but I believe the first bad move of the NHRA was to allow multi car owners to place more than one team car in a single class. Al Hofmann had it right when he told Force to lose the second car. By allowing more than a single team car in one class, it shut out what made the NHRA special, and that was the independent.
Now, nepotism reigns supreme, and the NHRA stands are empty.
Coincidence?

IMHO: It wasn't learned by osmosis, someone taught you or showed you, took the time to let you watch and see how it was done, sure there's some trial and error when you are dinking around on someone's cast off engine, but if you weren't around the people interested, you would not have learned what you needed to know, you would have just taken it to a friend that did. Not to judge, but if your children don't know how to check their oil, it started off as your fault. Once they've been out on their own awhile, sure, it's theirs, but you are the one that taught them it's not important enough to know. Speaking from experience, I would not have gotten into cars if my dad hadn't spent the time with me with I was younger, or if my aunt hadn't shown me some of the stuff she did, if my uncle wasn't a mechanic, if my mom hadn't been a service writer in dealership, etc. My dad insisted I take auto in school before I got my license. He didn't just hand me the keys. Similar situation with my stepsons, their dad worked on engines with them, had them out there taking things apart and putting them back together and explaining to them the why and how of getting the distributor on right, grounding an engine, putting headers on, etc. Their dad didn't get that from his parents, but he learned from his friends parents and friends. Yes, many kids will go the direction opposite their parents, but I see that more often as something their parents pushed for or that their parents didn't make the time to share with them, outside the weekend zoo outings. If more people aren't racing, it's for the same reason, but I don't see that there are fewer people racing at the small tracks, if anything I see more variety.

On a side note, now the fun is in hearing some of the boy's stories that are so similar to their father that it's hard not to crack up. They have different lives now and many different interests, but they come together over cars and racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back