California Hot Rod Reunion (1 Viewer)

ch3no282

Nitro Member
I cant wait for October! I've never been to the reunion. Im only 28 years old and am absolutely in love with the Nostalgia Cars. So much more excitement than the big show. Im bringing extra cash so I can add a few items to my newly started Winged Express collection. See ya out there!

I cant wait for October! I've never been to the reunion. Im only 28 years old and am absolutely in love with the Nostalgia Cars. So much more excitement than the big show. Im bringing extra cash so I can add a few items to my newly started Winged Express collection. See ya out there!

Brian,

You should really think about coming to Kansas City in September. I hear there there could be 10-15 Funny Cars. Hopefully, the appearance by the Blue Max. If you do come up, be sure to stop by our pits and say hello.

Brian, You will have an awesome time at the reunion. There are a lot of cool cars, and great side by side racing. Stop by the nitro cowboy nostalgia fc pit and say hi.

Last edited:
Brian,
Get there early and plan on staying really late, you'll have the time of your life.
I'm sure that Mousie would love to help you add to your Winged Express collection.
He'll tell you stories, sign pictures, take pictures and of course have all kinds of goodies for you to pick up.
While you're there stop by our apparel trailer and say "Hi", the ice chest is always open for fellow Maters and usually well stocked.

You're gonna really like it. Famoso raceway is the Mecca of nostalgia drag racing.
I haven't had a dose of nitro since Vegas1 in April and have to wait until the reunion to get more.
I'm really jonesing for it. Gonna be great. I'll see ya there.

Plan on spending at least four days with all the pre-parties that go on. For me the best day is on Thursday for pitting and tech. Gives us a chance to visit with racers in other classes that we normally don't have time to do. But the banquet at the Double Tree Hotel on Friday night is a spectical to be seen too.

We'll be there with two cars in one of the slower classes, A/GS. But before that, shakedown passes on the streets of Santa Maria. Cruzin' for Life - In Support of Marian Cancer Center, Santa Maria, California

Brian,

You should really think about coming to Kansas City in September. I hear there there could be 10-15 Funny Cars. Hopefully, the appearance by the Blue Max. If you do come up, be sure to stop by our pits and say hello.

Not to hijack, but FWIW, I called KCIR and was told Beadle and Co. are supposed to be there.

41175_121121454604070_100001186482858_119295_5634843_n.jpg

There will also be some new funny cars finished and ready to debut at the Reunion as well. Friday evening at the Double Tree is quite a first timers show, with legends to trip over and don't forget the static display and party at Chuy's 8660 Rosedale Highway, Bakersfield on Thursday evening.

Great margaritas too!

Last edited:
The car looks great, fantastic job by the "old guys" except, we need to take a collection for the Blue Max so Raymond will get rid of those awful front wheels.

Thanks everyone for all the great intel. Ill be sure to stop by and see everybody I can. Im counting down days!

The car looks great, fantastic job by the "old guys" except, we need to take a collection for the Blue Max so Raymond will get rid of those awful front wheels.

No need for a collection. The Blue Max merchandise was literally flying out of the trailor at Ardmore this past Friday and Saturday. :D

Hey Brian you will have the time of your life, Be sure to bring atleast 10 shirts with you so as you get your nitro fix from each fuel car you can change your shirt and go to the next and so and so etc,..you get home and you will have nitro smell for more than a week...:)
Be sure to stop by and see the Original 1972 Injected Veneys Vega funny car
it is not a reppop or copy its the real deal.
see ya there.

Vic Miller, owner/driver

314ade68d051880.jpg

Great to hear you're coming down for the festivities Vic.
Stop by and say "hello"
Can't wait to finally see the car in person.

On Thursday night at the hooters in Bakersfield we will light off the nitro cowboy nostalgia fc and John Lombardo Jr will have his napa alcohol fc there. I heard that Ron Capps and some other drivers will be there signing autographs. How can you not have fun with a mix of girls / race cars and chicken wings?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back