the reports of my death are premature (1 Viewer)

I was NITRO BREATH

Nitro Member
so its june 2018 and nhra drag racing seems to be thriving. attendance looks to be up at most races. i was in gainseville back in march, on sunday, and it was packed. vegas four wide was a sell out.(i'm talking attendance. not four wide racing ) even friday qualifying at chicago was well attended. tv rating are on the up swing. racing has been competitive and exciting. we have new teams and talented young drivers such as bob vandegrif and blake alexander, in all the pro categories. and some top fuel teams like terry mcmillen and scott palmer are really finding their mojo. pro stock is competitve again. erica is on the move. and its going to be a fist fight -- pun intended- (who will be the first to deck tanner G?) for the pro stock championship. and performance has been awe inspiring.
it wasnt too long ago that many on this forum were predicting the demise of the nhra. sighting meager fields in the pro categories, putrid tv ratings, and low attendance at races last year. well, it look right now that they were wrong. but im sure there are a few of you out there that will quickly tell me why im wrong about everything i just said!! so pro or con ,have at it.......

I agree Barry. Everything goes in cycles, but I’ve posted many times before, these are the good old days. There’s really a lot going on to enjoy, so rather than long for things to be like they were back in (pick an era) I think we really need to enjoy what’s happening today. And that applies to life in general.

Yesterday was my first time back to Joliet in 7 years and the crowd was noticeably bigger than what it was in the late 00's.

Unfortunately it's the small percentage of unhappy or negative people that give "doom and gloom" impressions. Happy people are not as vocal. Many times I didn't agree with or like decisions but never thought drag racing was in trouble to the degree you would assume by reading opinions.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back