If one of the cars is to loud, should they be forced to shut it off? (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
If the reverser goes out on one of the cars, should they be forced to shut it off because it's too dangerous to push them back?

If the PA system has too much Alan Reinhardt should the tower be evacuated to root out the cause?

If the Pro Stock Harley's are too fast should the rest of the field be allowed to run nitro?

If 4 wide is good why not scrunch them up and run 8 wide.

If AlBalooshi loses first round at the next race should Alan Johnson commit himself to a mental facility?

If the attendance at the next race is really low why not fill the empty seats with cardboard cutouts of Justin Beeber?

I'm just trying to find the next assinine thread to start here. Must be a problem with the current entitlement educational system or something. Some of the latest threads started here sure make you want to get back to the old days where they actiually did push the cars back, get in fights, etc.

Maybe you could help me come up with some more...

If the reverser goes out on one of the cars, should they be forced to shut it off because it's too dangerous to push them back?

If the PA system has too much Alan Reinhardt should the tower be evacuated to root out the cause?

If the Pro Stock Harley's are too fast should the rest of the field be allowed to run nitro?

If AlBalooshi loses first round at the next race should Alan Johnson commit himself to a mental facility?

If the attendance at the next race is really low why not fill the empty seats with cardboard cutouts of Justin Beeber?

I'm just trying to find the next assinine thread to start here. Must be a problem with the current entitlement educational system or something. Some of the latest threads started here sure make you want to get back to the old days where they actiually did push the cars back, get in fights, etc.

And I thought it was only me, Thanks Randy;)

Randy...too many Waffle House stops have honed your sarcasm skills to a fine edge!!! Take care and stay well. MaC

I'm down for bringin' back the fights...almost been in a few myself back in my racin' days. Remember Robert Hight smackin' Bazemore with the body pole? Or Force gettin' into it with Lee Beard? I say let em fight it out!!! These days EVERYONE is too PC when it comes to interviews and what not. I agree with Shirley Muldowney, F$#K the other guy! I'm here to win. And if I loose, I ain't happy about it...

There are a lot of "keyboard cowboys" who have attended the races but have never raced or been a part of a race team on this board. So because they are a fan or can recite some statistics they are experts.

Last edited:
Remember Robert Hight smackin' Bazemore with the body pole?

ROBERT HIGHT? Smacked Bazemore? Well, I'll be go to hell. Now I can peacefully leave this world behind, knowing I've heard it all. Funny, this was never mentioned in a Wednesday With Whit session.....:D

There are a lot of "keyboard cowboys" who have attended the races but have never raced or been a part of a race team on this board. So because they are a fan or can recite some statistics they are experts.

This mentality gets me every time. Your post is offensive to me because you are implying that as a fan (not a racer) my comments should be disregarded.

Maybe people who share the same mindset as you should:

A) Sanction their own drag racing body, and only allow those who have drag raced purchase spectator tickets. Of course, there must be qualifications to get a ticket - such as if you haven't gone over a certain speed or got a special E.T. then you haven't really drag raced and won't be able to watch.

I'm sure it would be very profitable, and best of all you could all get together and pat yourselves on the back for being a drag racer, and talk about how much better then those pesky "fans of NHRA drag racing" you are.

B) Quit belittling people on Nitromater, start up your own discussion site and again have members meet a certain criteria to join.

You must think that those annoying people filling the stands have no knowledge on anything relevant to the sport of drag racing. They aren't allowed to point out that something that is unsafe can perhaps be made less dangerous with a tweak or two.

Maybe if you weren't so hardheaded and closed minded, you could take suggestions with a grain of salt, see the value in some posts, or offer an intelligent and valid counterpoint to a ludicrous post instead of resorting to the 'your opinion is worthless because you never drove a fuel car' card.

That being said, I don't have an issue with Randy's original post, I see the sarcasm, as well as his view on the subject. (other then its basically a post trolling for people to come out of the woodwork and make dumb comments like the one I referenced).

I haven't driven a fuel car but I have had 70 wt in my hair and nitro in my eye. Can I join your club? Do we have a secret knock or codeword? I'm building a tree fort in my backyard we can use that for our meetings. My mom makes real good lemonade.

:D

I haven't driven a fuel car but I have had 70 wt in my hair and nitro in my eye. Can I join your club? Do we have a secret knock or codeword? I'm building a tree fort in my backyard we can use that for our meetings. My mom makes real good lemonade.

lol :D:D

Post of the Year ???

TK

Gee Tony you almost gave away the secret handsha....... never mind

Great post. Two that get me: That`s not fair. F*** fair and "what if"... if my aunt had balls she`d be my uncle.

We could have so much fun with Randys post.

In the beginning of the Mater, they were going to have a separate section for racers, crew , industry, etc, Invite only, and the main board would be just for fans.

That never happened, so we have the mix ( way more fans that the other ) and that causes some fans to get their feelings hurt.

This mentality gets me every time. Your post is offensive to me because you are implying that as a fan (not a racer) my comments should be disregarded.

No disrespect to you or any others on here. ALL of us are fans first. I just saw the humor in Randy's post and gave my opinion as to why some of those type threads get started. I have my opinion and everyone else here has theirs. Thats not a bad thing!

It is all good 'cause we all like the same thing (drag racing)

Last edited:
The Mater is just like any other community: filled with a lot of different kinds of people, and all of who bring something to the party. A room with nothing but insiders would be pointless, they shoot the pooh at the races in person. A room with nothing but fans would lack the ability to educate and inform the great unwashed about what racing's really about.

As it is, the Mater has many great qualities: it has a mix of people, it has real names so there's little of the anomonous name calling that makes other sites so ugly, and it has fairly active moderation that works to keep conversations within the realm of sanity. No it doesn't have a huge number of industry insiders posting, but in reality most of those people can't say anything anyway, as they are restricted by their employment/sponsor relationships. Many of them read this site as lurkers, however, if I'm to believe what they tell me at the track.

The original post is a cynical jab at those who don't share the poster's advantage of decades in the sport. I'm sorry he doesn't feel the input of others is worth considering or see that those without his insight are still worth listening to.

Drag racers in general are a gutsy gritty group of type A" personalities. You have to be. It's hard work followed by more hard work only after sending your driver down the track at 250-300+ miles per hour.

If you are looking for something to be involved in that has no issues, problems that need immediate decisions, don't get dirty, etc., this is the wrong sport for you. The guy or gal doing the dog show circuit or badmitten tournaments wouldn't last one day as a touring drag racer. It's not for the faint of heart.

It's funny to read post #11 on page one in this thread by someone who apparently got his feelings hurt, then at the bottom of his post he asks you to visit the Al Hofmann Tribute site:

AL HOFMANN OFFICIAL SITE / TRIBUTE SITE - CHINA SYNDROME RESTORED, MEMORABILIA, PHOTOS, VIDEO, SLIDESHOW, and more!

Evidently this guy didn't know Al Hofmann too well!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back