ESPN screwing us again (1 Viewer)

Yeah, ESPN is "screwing" us. Give me a break. I remember waiting a month to see the Indy Nationals on Wide World Of Sports, with announcers that knew from nothing about drag racing.

They re-played qualifying at 2 a.m. PST if that's any cons.......
........zzzzzzzzz...........zzzzzzzzzzz

oh, sorry, I fell asleep just now. Didn't get much sleep last night.

They replayed qualifying at 2 a.m. PST if that's any consolation.

:D

Bob,

let's compare nhra coverage today to coverage of other motorsports today.
other racing series had crap for coverage 30 years ago too. who cares. the indy500 wasn't shown live until the mid 80s.
it's an irrelevent point.

I see a definite market here for CRYING TOWELS !!
Some towels with the NITROMATER logo on them.........:cool::eek::D

towels? Heck, it's was tough enough to get T-shirts. Oh ya, where are those again? ;)

Reading this while humming that classic Rolling Stones song "you can't always get what you want"

while fading out with.."I can't get no....satisfaction!! :)

Late coverage is better than none....and I quite enjoyed the BUSCH race...before watching qualifying...after watching it live at Etown.

Great day!!

CRAZY!!!!! This is not good for all of the sponsors that expect tv time as advertise to us by the NHRA in there tv package called "EXPOSURE". Thanks Evan.

Last edited:
They should have Torco's PR department take over...On Friday here in Grand Rapids I heard a radio commercial for the Knoll-Gas Motorsports Park race...and the race isn't until August 3rd!

Well, now I'm glad I forgot to set the DVR. We had just sat down at the Paramount before Lewis Black's performance and I realized I had forgotten. I did want to watch the qualifying this morning before heading out to the Mariners game this afternoon, but, oh well.

It's kind of hard to understand why the qualifying show was scheduled so much later since this is an east coast race. *shrug*

Having watched a fair number of the college world series games (both softball and baseball) this month, you shouldn't worry too much about the game running long.

I'm just hoping we're back in time. I'll set the DVR just in case. And if I miss it, I'll record the replay later and watch it, even though I'll know the results by then. Better to watch it later than not have it all.

EDIT: By the way, Cruz's nickname is The Cruzer (it's right on his car) or sometimes people just call him Cruzer. Just to clarify.

Last edited:
CRAZY!!!!! This is not good for all of the sponsors that expect tv time as advertise to us by the NHRA in there tv package called "EXPOSURE". Thanks Evan.

Have to agree.. How would you like to try an sell a P.R. package.. Tell your sponsor watch ESPN at a set time an see your name on the track.. Sponsor sets DVR, VCR, stays up to watch.. Just to find out his shot at T.V. time has been delayed thanks to a different sporting event running late. Guess this sponsor should have chose the event that has priority..

Jezz don't we go thru this ever time a NHRA race is telivised....????

Simple math.. which sport puts more money in the ESPN pockets?.... as much as i prefer Drag racing.... if ESPN released the actual numbers ... drag racing would probably be just below the World Series of Poker.....as far as profitability goes....

Just because the NHRA is non profit ..doesn't mean that ESPN is....

Be happy we get to see it so soon after the ontrack activites happen.... we could still be on the old two week delays....

Billy

Would you moaners rather them start the coverage at 1:eek:o am. They have in the past.

At least if I KNOW that they will actually start it on time at 1am I can set up my DVR to record it.My problem is I had set my DVR to record the qualifying coverage,and just happened to check on it before going to bed.When I saw the Busch race still had 67 laps to go,I stayed up and manually started my DVR and set the time to shut off for when I figured the qualifying coverage would be over.Had I not checked,I'd have ended up with the 67 laps of Busch league roundy-round and missed the last hour of NHRA qualifying.So,to answer your stupid question,YES...I would rather they start it at a given time,whether it's 1am or 3am...as long as they hold to their start times and don't postpone the start time for something else.

At least if I KNOW that they will actually start it on time at 1am I can set up my DVR to record it.My problem is I had set my DVR to record the qualifying coverage,and just happened to check on it before going to bed.When I saw the Busch race still had 67 laps to go,I stayed up and manually started my DVR and set the time to shut off for when I figured the qualifying coverage would be over.Had I not checked,I'd have ended up with the 67 laps of Busch league roundy-round and missed the last hour of NHRA qualifying.So,to answer your stupid question,YES...I would rather they start it at a given time,whether it's 1am or 3am...as long as they hold to their start times and don't postpone the start time for something else.

I have to completely agree with you David. I unfortunately did not tune in at 10:00pm but did earlier, around 9:45 PM and saw how many laps were left in the race and decided (incorrectly) to add 30 min. to the recording time, when it should have been more like 45-50 min. Who knew? But as you stated, if they could buffer some additional time for a NASCAR race and then put some filler in afterwards so that when the NHRA race is scheduled to start, it actually could start on time, that would be best.

PS: I too remember the old days when you had to wait 2 weeks or several months to see a race on TV, but those days are long gone, and this can be fixed if ESPN or NHRA wanted it to be fixed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back