NHRA moved to ESPN Classic (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
From NHRA on Facebook:

The college football game had an extensive delay due to lightning so it is going to end well past its originally scheduled time. Tonight's qualifying show from Richmond will still air in its regularly scheduled time (11 pm ET) but on ESPN Classi...c. Our show will also air in its entirety on ESPN2 tonight following Baseball Tonight.

No ESPN Classic on Charter's standard package (Which is getting pretty darn pricey, by the way!) either.

No 'classic' on bresnan cable any longer either...

I wouldn't think 'espn classic' would cost the cable companies all that much to continue carry???

Larry

Still get Classic on Cox cable. Wife has a lot of channels she likes to watch, so it must be part of one of her "packages". I know I get a really big bill every month, suggesting a cutback would be a BAD idea! - :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's just f...... great. Now ESPN2 not only changes the time the qualifying will be shown, but the channel too. How are we supposed to know all this stuff? If I were a sponsor of the qualifying show I would DEMAND my money back.

NHRA should look around for some other channel to broadcast the races. It's apparent that ESPN2 doesn't care about the racing community.

That's just f...... great. Now ESPN2 not only changes the time the qualifying will be shown, but the channel too. How are we supposed to know all this stuff? If I were a sponsor of the qualifying show I would DEMAND my money back.

NHRA should look around for some other channel to broadcast the races. It's apparent that ESPN2 doesn't care about the racing community.

I added an hour to the recording time since I knew the football game would run long. How much qualifying did I get to see? 15 minutes :mad: I stay off this site, NHRA.com and Facebook on race weekends because I don't want to see any results until I watch the show. It really would be nice if NHRA had a text alert system for programming changes.

I added an hour to the recording time since I knew the football game would run long. How much qualifying did I get to see? 15 minutes :mad: I stay off this site, NHRA.com and Facebook on race weekends because I don't want to see any results until I watch the show. It really would be nice if NHRA had a text alert system for programming changes.

What would be nice is for NHRA to get a different network to air drag racing.

I am watching it now, thank god I always set my DVR up to record 3 hours past the scheduled end time. It started 2 hours and 55 mintues past its original start time.

good idea but you have to make sure to have an umlimted text plan for all the changes they would need to send

DirecTV swapped Classic for ESPN-U.Glad it's on after baseball.

When did they do this? I just checked and I no longer have classic, I could have sworn I had it a few months ago. I refuse to pay an extra $12 for a few channels and of which I would only watch 1 on occasion.

at least they had the decency to put it on another channel instead of just hosing us altogether... sucky if you dont get classsic tho

Of course NHRA.com said it would air at "11:00 pm in the west following Baseball Tonight". Then it started at 10:47. Glad I didn't trust them and reset my TiVo...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back