Say What??? Live NASCAR TV Coverage Bumped For the NBA? (1 Viewer)

Triple Nickel II

Nitro Member
Wow... ESPN2 is bumping tonight's live coverage of the Richmond Nationwide Series to make room for the NBA playoff game.

Now some other race fans will feel our pain.

=================================

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- With live Nationwide Series racing from Richmond and three NBA playoff games scheduled on Friday night, the live broadcast plan for the race at Richmond -- originally scheduled to air on ESPN2 -- has changed.

Here is the revised broadcast plan for the race:

• The live telecast will air simultaneously on both SPEED and ESPN Classic in its originally scheduled time slot (7 p.m. ET).

• ESPN2 will join the race live immediately following the NBA playoffs game between Cleveland and Washington.

"This is a busy time of year for live sports and we really appreciate ESPN and SPEED working together to come up with a plan that takes care of our fans," said Robbie Weiss, NASCAR's Vice President, Broadcasting.

hmmmmmmmm, Maybe ESPN2 and Speed can work together again sometime and get our drag racing over on Speed instead of getting bumped? I think we can all handle missing another rerun of Unique Whips...(does ANYBODY watch that? I swear it must be on 11 or 12 times a day)...just a thought

Terry, I wonder the same thing every race weekend. If SPEED and Fox or ESPN can work so well together for NASCAR, why not us??

PS, I already know the answer... cheap Glendora $$$$$$ :mad::mad:

Terry, I wonder the same thing every race weekend. If SPEED and Fox or ESPN can work so well together for NASCAR, why not us??

PS, I already know the answer... cheap Glendora $$$$$$ :mad::mad:
The downside of swapping networks would be those viewers that don't have a subscription to Speed or ESPN Classic. Another would be that some viewers set their recorders for ESPN2 and qualifying gets channel-swapped after the fact. Yet another is the fact that Classic and Speed isn't HD yet (at least on Dishnetwork).

I had to laugh! Marty Reid did an awesome job on the Nationwide race...but he did have a few 'mishaps'. I totaly expected to come on here and read some rippin' on him. LOL....I do miss his excitement though. At least it's in the right place! And he really seems to be enjoying himself. How many of these has he done? I thought he was just doing IRL.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back