Fine...I'll be the one to thank ESPN (1 Viewer)

lmhb oyf

Nitro Member
I think it's only fair for once to say thanks to ESPN2 for offering to re-air the usual Saturday qualifying show at 11am Eastern Sunday strictly because the original air time is scheduled for 2am Sunday.

Personally, I'm glad because I won't have to A.) beg the bartender to stay open past legal close time and B.) not have to watch it at said bar with the sound off and me 1/2 in the bag. :D

Considering all the b1tching (<----that real word was censored) that goes on when some live event runs 15 minutes over I think this decision deserves a big "THANKS!"

So....Thanks ESPN!

Last edited:
You are right Drew .We should thank them when they do something good so maybe they will put more of our stuff in better time slots .

I think it's only fair for once to say thanks to ESPN2 for offering to re-air the usual Saturday qualifying show at 11am Eastern Sunday strictly because the original air time is scheduled for 2am Sunday.

Personally, I'm glad because I won't have to A.) beg the bartender to stay open past legal close time and B.) not have to watch it at said bar with the sound off and me 1/2 in the bag. :D

Considering all the b1tching (<----that real word was censored) that goes on when some live event runs 15 minutes over I think this decision deserves a big "THANKS!"

So....Thanks ESPN!

cool thanks for the update.....coffee and qualifying sun morn....

since they have moved it to 11 am,why still run the show at 2 am?
and just what is on that it had to be put on so late??

golf
and College Basketball!!

so then why not move the drag racing to the regular
ESPN since there is nothing on there at 11pm except sports center?

golf
and College Basketball!!

Looks like Fishing is on during some of that on ESPN2.

golf
and College Basketball!!

i'll be watching while waiting for Kat to get home from work, then again in the morning. Thanks ESPN2 for letting us watch twice...

d'kid

The "Prime Time" is taken up by a NASCAR "Busch" Nationwide Series race from Fontana.....

Wow, you guys watch stuff when it really comes on. I prefer Tivo, or the generic DVR, pull a couple of codes off the internet, or run it through a cheap program on the way to your computer and the commercials (which we've all memorized) suddenly disappear and you can watch the action on almost a non-stop basis. Particularly for Friday and Saturday action I like listening on the internet (I still say it is 100% ready for XM/Sirius) and Sunday I hold myself to the first two rounds that way then watch it on the Tube. If you DVR the stuff, you can start 30 or more minutes late and still finish when the show is over on a live basis . . . unless you are riveted to the commercials.

But thanks ESPN, if it's on in the background in my shop, I listen/watch then too.

Wow, you guys watch stuff when it really comes on. I prefer Tivo, or the generic DVR, pull a couple of codes off the internet, or run it through a cheap program on the way to your computer and the commercials (which we've all memorized) suddenly disappear and you can watch the action on almost a non-stop basis. Particularly for Friday and Saturday action I like listening on the internet (I still say it is 100% ready for XM/Sirius) and Sunday I hold myself to the first two rounds that way then watch it on the Tube. If you DVR the stuff, you can start 30 or more minutes late and still finish when the show is over on a live basis . . . unless you are riveted to the commercials.

But thanks ESPN, if it's on in the background in my shop, I listen/watch then too.

What he said. God created Tivo to allow us to watch shows on our schedule and commercial-free!

i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who watches drag racing with no sound in a bar. ;)

hey now. let's not start dissing my sunday morning fishing shows:)

Don't watch Sunday, this one is on Saturday from 8-9pm EST..lol Don't want you to miss your fishing.

We will be having breakfast and coffee in the front room tomorrow followed by NHRA Live and then a couple hours of getting stuff done and back to the tv we go! LOL

Don't watch Sunday, this one is on Saturday from 8-9pm EST..lol Don't want you to miss your fishing.
And don't miss your drag racing!

I don't see what the hub-bub is all about..damn..I'm just glad we get tv at all!!

So I get to arise Sunday norming..drink my coffee..watch qualifying at 10..(midwest)..and then finals at 6..pfft..I don't see an issue.

But then beings I'm an old dude..I remember no coverage at all..so the whining about the time it's showed or anything else comes across as spoiled..but then of course that's just my opinion.

golf
and College Basketball!!

Today is a pretty big day for college hoops with the bracket buster games and #1 Memphis vs #2 Tennessee playing tonight.

We might get some bonus coverage tonight with the rain in Fontana and no Nascar racing on ESPN2.

now... what happens tonight?
nationwide race to start an hour after the sprint cup race.
just curious .... guess we'll find out tonight.

Piss at myself, eyes stopped werking at 2:03 AM... Kat coming to bed woke me up @ 5 this morning. will catch it in a couple of hours.

oh well

Thank You ESPN2

d'kid
thinkin' really slow this morning

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back