Erica Enders on a Mission (1 Viewer)

This is an interesting "sponsorship" deal. Her interview reads like she won't earn any money until they increase sales. Sounds kind of backwards to me. How will she increase sales if she's not racing and not making any impact with consumers? I'm sure the supplier likes this deal...they have nothing to lose since they're not funding the team until sales increase.

I wish her well but without up front funding how will they make it back?

with A.J power her sponsors will be very happy when she is in the winners circle soon and often hopefully! go EE

Wow, I feel for them..it's obvious that she desparately wants to get back in the game, but the current economic downturn may be an obstacle that can't be overcome. I'm starting to think Erica's next pro stock race might be at the grand opening of Banning California's Drag City!!

I admire this team a lot for 2 reasons. First, they haven't given up, they're still fighting to get back in competition. Second, they're trying a new approach.

Lets face it, the current "traditional" method of acquiring a sponsor to fund your racing activities is dwindling. The world is changing quickly and all businesses are much less prone to fund "throw it out in the wind" marketing methods versus directed marketing campaigns that they can measure impact with on the bottom line.

If the NHRA was a innovative and insightful operation (OK, stop laughing) then they would have seen this change coming, and would adapt their operation to help racers find marketing partners in this new business environment. Unfortunately the NHRA can't even market their own operation effectively, and with the recent nitro related debacles appear to be only effective at shooting themselves in the foot (which already has a lot of holes in it).

The only positives I see with the NHRA management is that they've become so ineffective that they're likely accelerating their own demise, either through a "palace revolt" by the team owners or an outside takeover. I hope it happens soon.

Paul T.

Last edited:
This is an interesting "sponsorship" deal. Her interview reads like she won't earn any money until they increase sales. Sounds kind of backwards to me. How will she increase sales if she's not racing and not making any impact with consumers? I'm sure the supplier likes this deal...they have nothing to lose since they're not funding the team until sales increase.

Seems to me like she's got a 'job' and she has to work at it to make money to go racing. I wouldn't exactly call it sponsorship.

I don't mean to hijack this thread.. but is anyone else having reading John Caran posts... I find the ORANGE HARD TO READ it may just be my old age.. if so would 2 or 3 of you guys just add a post or PM me am I going blind ?

I remember when I was a kid I was masterb**ing and my father caught me and said I'd go BLIND if i kept doing that.... I asked him if I could do it just until I need glasses... Well I now wear glasses.. :(

I don't mean to hijack this thread.. but is anyone else having reading John Caran posts... I find the ORANGE HARD TO READ it may just be my old age.. if so would 2 or 3 of you guys just add a post or PM me am I going blind ?

I remember when I was a kid I was masterb**ing and my father caught me and said I'd go BLIND if i kept doing that.... I asked him if I could do it just until I need glasses... Well I now wear glasses.. :(
John, I can see your point about Johnny Mopar's orange fonts, but I'm thinking that it may be a mopar thing????:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back