Enders Racing Stock??? (1 Viewer)

Is this a public offering of stock? It reads that way on her blog. If so, I believe this is a first, and a risky path. It's appealing to generate public investment in a locally owned company, but when you do, you begin losing local control of your business.

I wish them well, and want only the best for Erica and David. I hope they kick a little tail next year...

Open Wheel racer Justin Wilson of England did this several years ago to pay for a ride in F1. He is now being paid to drive in Champ Car, so I don't know how the whole shares thing worked out.

At the time Justin offered the shares, it looked as though he may be onto something, he was the F3000 Champion (top feeder series for F1 at the time) and was widely tipped to be "the next big thing". He showed flashes in F1 at Minardi, got a shot with the Jaguar team and fizzled and was promptly relegated from the hard, cold, cruel world of F1. He has won in Champ Cars, so he appears to have adjusted to life racing in the states ok.

EDIT: I love google. Link below is to Justin Wilson's investment site, apparently you can still buy shares of the lad. You have to be a shareholder to get a special password to view "investment performance" however. I would guess this is being used as the business model for the Enders.

Justin Wilson Investors Club

not saying it will happen with this situation but the last time racer tried this was in NASCAR .. and if i remember correctly he in in Jail now.... for fraud.... but he never opened the doors completly... rented a building.. bought two old used cars and hired 3 people..... if i can find his name i will come back and post it.....

Billy

not saying it will happen with this situation but the last time racer tried this was in NASCAR .. and if i remember correctly he in in Jail now.... for fraud.... but he never opened the doors completly... rented a building.. bought two old used cars and hired 3 people..... if i can find his name i will come back and post it.....

Billy

Was it Mike Curb?

SEC no action letter

Erica Enders Racing, LLC: No Action, Interpretive and/or Exemptive Letter of November 21, 2006

This is not uncommon in sponsoring professional golfers and horse racing. It appears they are doing it right and confirming that the SEC would not have jurisdiction over the securities.

I guess you'd have a private placement that is likely taxed as a partnership. You invest your money, if they lose money you divest of that series and take an ordinary loss on your taxes.

As an investor, you are on the outside of the inside of a racing operation and have put your money where your mouth is.

In the fledgling professional golfer world there are a fair number of people that enjoy taking this risk. Pro stock is a lot more capital intensive, but they may prove that you can raise more total money by asking for a little at a time.

You can't knock them for lack of thought about how to attack this opportunity. I'm almost surprised it's not Enders Racing LLC, we were at our kids' junior dragster banquet last weekend where several Houston racers were gracious enough to share 10 or 15 minutes of thoughts on racing with our kids. Erica, Courtney Enders, Josh Hernandez, and Jonathan Johnson all spoke . . . and I'll have to say they each did a great job. Anyway Erica announced that Courtney was going to start getting some door car experience either in Super Stock or Comp Eliminator with an ultimate goal of sisters racing pro stock together one day.

Charles.. wasn't Mike Curb... he actualy has a Bush team racing.... the 43....lol... i am looking it is in the Jayski site somewhere.....

Billy

OK... So basically it is a fan club membership. For $49.95 you get:

An autographed "stock certificate".

Hat, T-Shirt, ID Card, Lanyard and Pin.

One full national event ticket.

$300 cash rebate if you buy a dodge.

A discount on merchandise at her website or merchandise trailer.

One time invite to her hospitality area with meals, meet and greet.

50% off Snap On tool starter set.

20% off a dicast car.

Really not all that bad since you can pick the event you want.

OK... So basically it is a fan club membership. For $49.95 you get:

An autographed "stock certificate".

Hat, T-Shirt, ID Card, Lanyard and Pin.

One full national event ticket.

$300 cash rebate if you buy a dodge.

A discount on merchandise at her website or merchandise trailer.

One time invite to her hospitality area with meals, meet and greet.

50% off Snap On tool starter set.

20% off a dicast car.

Really not all that bad since you can pick the event you want.
Now that's not bad since I am looking to buy a new Dodge soon, plus one could always use a National Event ticket!

This sounds like a neat deal, but why did they need the SEC to approve this? Doesn't sound like any type of tradeable security.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back