EE/Mcgaha (1 Viewer)

For the most part - what happens at Monday Nationals - stays at Monday Nationals - at least on our end. That said, driving a Pro Stock car is quite difficult. He's a very talented young man, and will get more comfortable with each lap.
Thanks Tim, it was worth an ask..

Come to think of it, I can't remember any serious issues happening for Jeg or WJ. EE has never flipped it either.

Come to think of it, I can't remember any serious issues happening for Jeg or WJ. EE has never flipped it either.

Actually WJ did turtle one testing in Atlanta towards the end of his career, but the fact that he only rolled once in 40 years is remarkable considering he never considered himself a great driver.

Actually I think Erica also rolled one very early in her career

Jeg almost crashed as the next car down the track after Jason Line rolled it at Columbus.
After Jeg's near incident, they ( NHRA ) stopped and addressed the track conditions.

Jeg almost crashed as the next car down the track after Jason Line rolled it at Columbus.
After Jeg's near incident, they ( NHRA ) stopped and addressed the track conditions.

"I do remember that. I think Greg was extremely pissed off. I believe that was the same season Krisher and Anderson flipped as well. The late Geoffrion hit the wall as well.

Erica did put one on the roof way back when. As i've told my wife "you are not a real racecar driver until you've wrecked one".... People who master TAFC and Pro Stock have my respect.

Actually WJ did turtle one testing in Atlanta towards the end of his career, but the fact that he only rolled once in 40 years is remarkable considering he never considered himself a great driver.

She did

I talked to Jeggie about that in Vegas later in the year. He said once he felt it was getting out of control, rather than make big moves with the steering wheel or brake pedal, he stayed on the throttle and went for the parachute handle. He knew the chutes would straighten him out when they hit. Hard to believe that was 17 years ago !!!!

Was that the time they washed down the track with a soapy/sudsy detergent (or something) and firehoses? I remember seeing something like that. Never seen it since.

Paul; I don't remember any washdown, but it was a crazy Sunday. It started with a BAD having it's rear wing collapse now this car
had the wing collapse on a run on Saturday also without any major problem. But on Sunday when it collapsed all hell broke loose
with wall contact and a tire headed towards the sun. I don't believe any injuries resulted. Then it was Pro Stocks turn for the excitement. Can't remember the yr. 2003-04 ? but I believe it was my last time at Trails before moving to Phoenix.

Erica did testing at Bradenton in 2004

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back