Rodger Brogdon E'Town pre race (1 Viewer)

Season of challenges continues at Englishtown

After another semi-final round showing at the Summernationals in Topeka, Rodger Brogdon and The Edge pain & performance chips team are still looking for that first NHRA Pro Stock victory. After rolling in deep in the 3rd round, Rodger unfortunately lit the red lite and the team came up short of their final round goal.

“We continue to qualify well and we continue to accumulate bonus points. We started the season off after Pomona in 14th and have now climbed to 5th,” stated Brogdon. “And last year at this time we were politicking for votes for the K&N Challenge where this year we should be in without any problems unless the bottom falls out of program in the next 2 events.”

“The semi-finals loss at Topeka was my fault. I was trying to just lightly bump in but I got more of a bump than what I wanted. Greg (Stanfield) and I both had good light in the previous round and I was ready for another 20 something light. And we were ready for him, he wanted the right lane and we wanted the left, as the saying goes ‘We had him right where we wanted him’. Was I frustrated, sure I was, the guys have been giving me a very solid car for literally every lap down the track. That semi-final matchup was one we feel we could have won.

“In Pro Stock though getting any win takes 100% effort from everyone on the team. Englishtown and Bristol will mark the 1 year anniversary of the realignment of the EDGE Pain & Performance chips team. Last year at Englishtown we made a major crew change on Saturday night after we once again struggled in qualifying. The guys were out early Sunday morning, and I mean real early Sunday morning to completely redo the setup in the car and we came within a thousandth of a second of stealing a first round upset win. Since then this team has given 100% at every race, and that dedication and commitment is starting to reward us all.”

“We’ll also have Steve Kent back this week in the PISTONATOR car, so we’ll be back to a 2 car team,” Rodger added. “Fortunately the Mississippi river didn’t get to his property & business’s in Louisiana so we’ll be able to gather data from 2 runs every session instead of just 1. Steve was also able to get some test runs in at the Belle Rose points race last weekend where he was also going rounds in his Corvette in Comp, so with some added seat time and the data we were able to gather in testing we’re looking for good thing to happen this weekend.”

The NHRA SuperNationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ is considered to be one of the ‘major’ stops on the NHRA tour. Site of the historic 1st 6 second Pro Stock run in 1994, Rodger Brogdon, Steve Kent and the entire EDGE Pain & Performance chips team look to make their own history at this week’s race.

Television coverage of the Englishtown event will be available on ESPN2/ESPN2HD, check your local listings

Attachments

• Topeka rd2 013.jpg
    Topeka rd2 013.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 12
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back