Rodger Brogdon St Louis pre race (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](Houston, TX) Pro Stock driver Rodger Brogdon may still be looking for his first final round appearance for Charter Communication and team owner Steve Kent, but coming off the last race in Atlanta Brogdon knows that the team is headed down the right path.

After taking out the number four qualifier on a hole shot in the opening round, Brogdon came up just short in round two against reigning champ Jeg Coughlin, Jr. Back in the pits though, you would have thought that Rodger was on his way to the semi finals, as he knew that the team now had a car that could run with the rest of the field on Sunday. Over the last few races the performance of the Charter Communication Pontiac has steadily improved and that improvement prompted the former Comp eliminator star to comment to no one in particular, “Isn’t there another race next weekend? I don’t want to stop now.”

“We missed the opener in Pomona,” said Brogdon, “but we’ve been able to improve at virtually every stop on the tour since. After Atlanta the car went back to Cagnazzi’s race shop so that Tommy Utt and the crew could continue to refine our race day set up and right now I can’t wait to get to St. Louis.”

“When I first ventured into Pro Stock back in 2007, the event in St. Louis was the last race we ran. Looking back and remembering that we didn’t qualify for that race really provides motivation to do well this weekend. Knowing how hard the guys have been working since Atlanta, and understanding what they’ve been working on, well, let’s just say that Friday can’t get here soon enough for me.”

The race in St. Louis will be Brogdon’s thirteenth career Pro Stock start. After qualifying number thirteen at the race in Atlanta and having the luck they had, the Steve Kent team will look to keep their good luck rolling at Gateway International Raceway this weekend. The way this team is going, one would be wise not to bet against them.

Race results for this weekend’s event and every NHRA National event are available on line at Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030, with television coverage available both Saturday and Sunday on ESPN2. Check your local listings for broadcast time in your area.

Attachments

• Atlanta0081RogerB.jpg
    Atlanta0081RogerB.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 10
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back