Dunn's legends interview (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
I know it's mentioned in earlier posts about ESPN's coverage, but the highlight of the telecast today was Mikes interviews with The Snake, Warren J and JF. Iy was hilarious and we only saw 3 or 4 segments. And they were probably tame to some of the tails that were discussed during the taping for these segments. I'm trying to think of a way to save these items on my computer after somehow copying from the DVR. I know I'll be able to record and save by capturing from the screen with my camera but I have to think I'd get a better result from directly from the DVR to computer. What do you think.
All in all great job ESPN announcers and crew!

on my dish dvr there may be away to offload content to a computer directly but i doubt it (i've yet to read the manual:))! however the long way to do it is run the dvr output to a dvd recorder and the recorded dvd content can be copied to your pc and played by most media players

Those interviews are simply gold. That was some of the finest television I have seen in a long time. I could listen to those stories for hours. No offense to Paul or Gary, but having Mike Dunn do those was brilliant. Just a bunch of racers bench racing. Thanks ESPN, Mikey, Snake, Force, and WJ for doing it. I really loved it. I would like to see more of that type of thing.

Dave

I was almost on the floor about Force and the McD's hot wheels, and Dunn talking about sleeping at the track. Then, Snake and doughnuts.

Really great stuff. Reminded me of the some the times we have had at the track. Those stories were great. I would like to see ESPN put it all down on a DVD and sell it as i would buy one.

Thanks ESPN and well done.

Those interviews were the best part of the racing. They should be included in every race broadcast. And stop asking the racers what it's like to win Indy. We know it's the biggest race and everyone wants to win it. We hear it every year. Move on.

Maybe a line to ESPN to request more interviews would be in order.

Totally agree here! Loved listening to the stories. Hope there is a complete compilation of all of the conversations that may be used at a later date. They were all golden, but my favorite was Warren's comment about a driver being a form of required ballast, but not a source of information! Great stuff

Those were excellent. We should all write to ESPN and NHRA requesting a series of DVD's on these roundtable talks. Those guys won't be around forever, they should be preserving this stuff.

I thought they were excellent! Seeing them laugh and tell stories was like being in the old days. The next interviews should be Connie Kalitta, Larry Morgan, and Gary Scelzi.

I agree with all of the above.

Just watching those 4 sitting there bench racing, took me back to many such times in my own life, where the stories got better with each telling.

Thanks for the memories ESPN and Mike!

They could make one hell of a series of these interviews. Throw in Connie, Big Daddy, Mongoose, the Don, the Greek, Big Jim, Glidden, plus a few more and stand back!:D

I want more of that, hell an entire show of just round tables with the legends. Come out with a dvd set show em on demand whatever just give me more

I want more of that, hell an entire show of just round tables with the legends. Come out with a dvd set show em on demand whatever just give me more

Ain't that the truth. With sport that lasts just a few seconds, all the good stuff happens in the pits, or the staging lanes, or at the turnaround, or on the road between races, or... I could watch sessions like the one Dunn did for hours.

One of the best things they do at Pomona is the Friday night session at the Museum where they do the same thing. Best "free" show in drag racing.

Ain't that the truth. With sport that lasts just a few seconds, all the good stuff happens in the pits, or the staging lanes, or at the turnaround, or on the road between races, or... I could watch sessions like the one Dunn did for hours.

One of the best things they do at Pomona is the Friday night session at the Museum where they do the same thing. Best "free" show in drag racing.

well thats one more reason why I need to make Pomona one of these years

Would be nice if the NHRA marketing department noticed that it has some great people in this sport. Big numbers may get your attention. It's the people that make you come back year after year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back