Qualifying show (1 Viewer)

Besides the fact the grandstands are in a different zip code from the racing surface and it is a pain in the butt place to get around ... nothing. :)

Sean, what HE ^ said :D

Actually, I'm sure Bruton did a great job on the facility as far as everything being new and upgraded, but I had heard about the stands not being real conducive for drag racing fans. Otherwise, I'm sure it is a fantastic track and it's in a great setting. Too bad there are a few neighbors who just can't tolerate a little extra noise on an occasional weekend or two.

Kurt

My GOD Ed I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!:D Fianlly ESPN & NHRA got one right. The coverage on Melanie Troxel was SUPERB!!!!!:D It was nice to see a drag race where it didn't focus soley on JFR!!!!:( Talk about hitting the FF Button on my TIVO!!! I didn't have to hit but just a few times between the 2 shows!!! Now-lets see if ESPN keeps this going or they SLIP back into there old habits??
I liked the coverage of Melanie Troxel and her double double with the In and Out Funny Car and Prom/Mod car. She's tops and so is her sponsor and team.
Unfortunately, I missed the comment WJ made which has everyone talking.
I fast forward through most of the miscellaneous nonsense in the broadcast and, thus, miss the occasional gem.
Cheers,
Ed

Sonoma is a beautiful facility, but the stands have been set up for the NASCAR track. Why? Because NASCAR fans don't complain about everything in the sport the way NHRA fans appear too. NASCAR fans save up for a year, purchase a ticket, embrace the event and attend with a smile!

Maybe if NHRA fans were the same they would have placed the stands closer to the strip.

Sure there are some things that NHRA needs some improvement on but micro analyzing ever event is killing us guys.

NHRA is a great sport and we've come a long way in every aspect...

I'm working really hard to move my way up the ranks as a driver. I'd rather not make it by lack of funding or talent than lack of a sport to compete in.

Kenny- while I am not a nascar fan awhile back I did check out a few boards looking for something. They made us look tame....hell they made the yellowbullet look tame.

How many diffrent tracks have you guys actually been to?
Not saying this cause its my home track.

Not saying this because I was part of the 2009 #1 Quailfing team there,

Las Vegas is/was my favorite till there is another 3/4 of a mile of asphalt put down.

Sonoma is a first class venue compared to most of the other venues on the schedule.

Besides the fact the grandstands are in a different zip code from the racing surface and it is a pain in the butt place to get around ... nothing. :)

And aside from the grandstands, the drive up there is a pain in the ass and once you get there the track people are a bunch of jerks. Not to mention the pits are horrible, the scales are in the wrong place and the return road is just plain stupid.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back