Dsr Issues Statement (1 Viewer)

I surely hope Don's appeal will be heard by thursday afternoon. If not it looks like the 7 teams will sit out, as stated in the rule book.

Good luck Don and DSR Racing for a drop of these charges.

I surely hope Don's appeal will be heard by thursday afternoon. If not it looks like the 7 teams will sit out, as stated in the rule book.

Good luck Don and DSR Racing for a drop of these charges.

Per the rule book, (Or at least as I read it.) the NHRA officials who levied the fine have 15 days from Don's filing of official Notice Of and Grounds For Appeal to submit their pertinent information to the appeals committee. If the Schumacher team hasn't paid the fine yet, and I'm assuming they haven't, then yes, there's a very real possibility that team Shoe could be sitting it out this weekend. :(

Do you honestly think NHRA will come to that? I sure hope not. They can't be that crazy in Glendora.

Don't bet on those words....

And who hears the appeal? A board made up of NHRA officials, presumably including Light's Out? Or and actual independent board?

No one involved with the initial action, fine, and or decision can be involved with the appeal, according to the book.

According to the rulebook page 31 section 1.8.2.1

A participant may request a stay of the action until the appeal is concluded.
I assume that DSR will make such a request.

Alan

But he could sue Compton and Light personally and still race.

Jay
Which could very well happen..depending on the outcome of the next couple days.

Defamation of character comes to mind..along with the defamation of sponsors.

Personally, I hope NHRA eats a bucket 'o sh1t over the way this was handled.

It's a disgrace.

But he could sue Compton and Light personally and still race.

I don't think so. The Covenant Not To Sue in the rulebook stretches 2-1/2 pages and calls out both suits against the organization and against the officials.

FWIW, I've been involved in one of the more suit-happy industries out there for a number of years, and yet I must say, the volume of legal stuff in the rulebook is pretty astounding. The entirety of Section 1, from page 15 through page 39 is nothing but legal disclaimers and rule violation and appeal procedures. Sheessh...

In any case, even if someone sued Tom and Graham, I'm quite sure they have Directors and Officers insurance in place that would cover not only the legal costs but any loss they would suffer. That means they wouldn't pay a personal price for their actions.

I don't think so. The Covenant Not To Sue in the rulebook stretches 2-1/2 pages and calls out both suits against the organization and against the officials.

FWIW, I've been involved in one of the more suit-happy industries out there for a number of years, and yet I must say, the volume of legal stuff in the rulebook is pretty astounding. The entirety of Section 1, from page 15 through page 39 is nothing but legal disclaimers and rule violation and appeal procedures. Sheessh...

In any case, even if someone sued Tom and Graham, I'm quite sure they have Directors and Officers insurance in place that would cover not only the legal costs but any loss they would suffer. That means they wouldn't pay a personal price for their actions.
In other words.."he wouldn't lose his Bentley"..

I've been involved with NHRA in a lawsuit in the past and to put it mildly, they are the height of arrogance when it comes to how they do business. The only group worse that I've EVER dealt with is Wiesenberg, the insurance guys.

It would be kind of nice to see them get spanked in this whole deal, but ten bucks says it won't happen.

Do you honestly think NHRA will come to that? I sure hope not. They can't be that crazy in Glendora.

I have sent a letter, numerous emails to Tom C. and Graham L. asking them to come on mater and chat. Well just like you all told me, there's not a chance in hell of that happening, well you where right. Do we think NHRA will come to that, YES, I don't think they care one bit about how we fill or how the teams feel. I would say it is very tense behind the closed doors in Glendora right now and for being crazy, If the two go down there's a chance they may take whole deal with them. I just don't see them going peacefully if it comes to that.

I've been involved with NHRA in a lawsuit in the past and to put it mildly, they are the height of arrogance when it comes to how they do business. The only group worse that I've EVER dealt with is Wiesenberg, the insurance guys.

It would be kind of nice to see them get spanked in this whole deal, but ten bucks says it won't happen.

Remember that the NHRA settled in the pro stock law suit-I doubt they did that because they thought they were going to win.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back