Deadly shooting at US university (3 Viewers)

This turning into a debate over guns sickens me. Let's think about the victims and pray for them and their families. The students and faculty who were shot are not much different than my students or myself. If you want to find out more about the victims, go to the following website. Some of their stories will reaffirm your faith in humanity and give you hope in the face of this tragedy, just as the stories concerning Eric Medlen's goodness help us out after that tragedy. In particular look at the story of Liviu Librescu's life and his last moments on earth- It will lift you up.

Virginia Tech: The Victims - New York Times

i would like to commend the Blacksburg area EMTs and hospitals. From what i heard, all the EMTs that responded were all volunteer and none of the hospitals that wounded gunshot victims were taken to were level 1 trauma centers. Regardless of these two facts, those people saved lives and kept the death toll from rising. Some of the survivors were shot 3 or 4 times. I feel it is important to praise these life savers even in the face of this horrific tragedy...

People feel the need to place blame.

apparently the assturd who did the shootings feels that he has to place blame for his actions on society.

“You had a hundred billion chances and ways to have avoided today,” Cho says. “But you decided to spill my blood. You forced me into a corner and gave me only one option. The decision was yours. Now you have blood on your hands that will never wash off.”
Gunman in massacre contacted NBC News - Massacre at Virginia Tech - MSNBC.com

I'm sure there is an extra special place in hell for him.

Bob get your facts right. The Battle of Britain the most important event in Royal Air Force history, the Battle fought over Britain between the 10th July and 31st October 1940. Before your country entered the war. The Royal Air Force was outnumbered 10 to 1 by the German Luftwaffe, but won the air battle causing Hitler to cancel Operation Sealion - World War II Nazi German plan to invade the United Kingdom, beginning in 1940.

During the Battle of Britain, a time known as "The Summer of 1940" when brave young Royal Air Force fighter pilots took to the air putting their experience, or the lack of it against the greatest airforce in the world.

Hence Prime Minister Winston Churchill's famous speech:
"Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."

My Dad died fighting for Great Britain in World War II

You still needed our help it wasn't the other way around and that is fact! :cool:

John I don't know you personally because I haven't meet you so I have to go by your posts and and you can be very abrasive some times try to be a little more respectful in your post and you might see a change in how people respond to your opinions. :rolleyes:

Since the Terrorists somehow got around your stringent Gun laws to blow up your Bus and Trains, I guess your Gun laws ain't working are they?

I find Johns stance highly amusing since he was arrested for using an illegal weapon on a member of the British police force.

Practice what you preach John.

. . . I'm glad I'm living in England and not in America.

This shooting will happen again and again as your gun laws are abysmal . . .

Daniel,
This is John's British mentality to which I refer.
You obviously don't demonstrate such an attitude and disdain for our Nation as does your fellow-citizen John. It's a big world and we're all Children of the same God and we have a responsibility to learn to live together. I'm just overly sensitive about someone who takes one situation out of context to point a finger at me or mine and says in essence:
"We're good and you're bad." That will ruffle my feathers every time.

John's reference came across as exactly than and in comparison, I'll take my freedom, government, liberties, economic circumstances, lifestyle, constitution, leaders, military, lands and heritage every day over England's.

I appreciate your obvious difference.

Bobby...I don't always agree w/ you (and vice-versa LOL) but that response towards the blok (John) in the U.K. and his bashing towards the USA was perfectly said....Thanks

l want to say l'm very sorry to the people l have upset about what l've said about the shooting at the Virginia Tech University.

But l'm not apologising to Daniel Bennett who stabs me in the back at any chance he can get on this forum and the British drag racing forum.

I will just say this, if people were allowed to carry weapons he wouldnt have killed 32 people b/c after the first few unsuspecting ones someone else would have returned the favor.

The article has it right in my opinion. I guarantee that if I was at VT when that went down and I was carrying, it wouldnt have lasted as long. Personally I think people who take and qualify for a concealed handgun class should be able to carry. Criminals and mad men will always have guns, drugs, etc no matter what law we have. Atleast give us a chance to fight back.

Personally, I play alot of poker with really decent guys and if someone ever trys to rob us while playing, god help them b/c they better have alot of backup. Yet I know that almost all of these guys carry and I'm not scared one bit by it. I actually feel safer.

When I give back tests, I'm sure glad my students don't have guns. They are law abiding kids, but some of them are not always happy with their grades!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back