Stivers blasts to second round in Charlotte (1 Viewer)

CONCORD, N.C. (September 19, 2009) - Rick Stivers, driver of the Trane-sponsored 2006 Stratus Pro Mod, blasted to the No. 3 qualifying position in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge and then took out Dennis Radford in the first round of eliminations to advance to the quarterfinals on Sunday.

In the final round of qualifying, Stivers improved to a 5.940 at 240.85 mph to land No 3 and take lane choice against Dennis Radford in the opening stanza. Stivers set low ET for the round with his 5.927 at 240.34 mph to Radford's 6.036 at 232.67 and took the win.

"I like Dennis a lot - he's a great competitor and we had a really good, clean race. I'm looking forward to him and his team hopefully coming to a lot more races with us next year," Stivers said.

"Brad (Anderson, crew chief) gave me the power to get down the track, and this Trane Stratus is driving like a dream now. We're getting quicker and quicker, and I'm having a lot of fun, too.

Stivers will face Roger Burgess, the most recent event winner in the series, in the next round of eliminations schedule for Sunday afternoon.

"Tomorrow, I know Brad will have the tune-up for me to take out Roger, but I'll have to do my job on the tree. Roger is deadly on the tree, so I'll have to really focus to get my job done," Stivers said.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back