Stivers rides a Trane to provisional No. 15 (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 13, 2009) - Pro Mod driver Rick Stivers announced a new sponsorship relationship with air conditioning and heating manufacturing giant Trane, Inc. Friday and delivered a No. 15 effort in the first day of qualifying at the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx opening day at the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals.

Stivers, owner of Stivers HVAC in Lexington, Ky., was awarded the Trane 2008 New Dealer of the Year award for the Kentucky/Tennessee Dealer Sales Region and said he is excited to represent them with his Pro Mod team.

"My goal for Trane is to give them a great introduction to drag racing, and it starts with doing well this weekend. Brad [Anderson, Crew chief] has given me a great car to get down the track, and I'm confident we'll move up tomorrow," Stivers said.

In the heat of the day, Stivers struggled to get traction but delivered a solid 6.146/234.78 in round two.

"I know we had a low 6.0 in that last round, and I know that we've got a whole lot more in it for tomorrow," Stivers said.

Qualifying concludes with one final round scheduled at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Eliminations are scheduled begin at 4:30 Saturday evening and conclude Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back