Stivers rides his Trane into Houston looking for a win (1 Viewer)

HOUSTON (March 25) - After his last Pro Mod event in Gainesville, Fla., Lexington, Ky-HVAC entrepreneur Rick Stivers proved he's got the quickest Pro Mod this season, and it's one train he's hoping to ride into the winner's circle this weekend in Houston as the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx contests it's second event at the O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway Park.

Stivers is piloting the Trane, Inc.-backed '06 Stratus racing out of the Brad Anderson stable, and said his car is one "bad hotrod."

"Brad is the king of Pro Mods, there's no doubt. He's got a ton of horsepower, and Gainesville showed he can get it to the track even when others struggle with tire smoke. We had a great first outing, and I really think we've got the car to beat this weekend in Houston," Stivers said.

Stivers raced to a semifinal finish at the Gatornationals and is currently in third place in points after one event of the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge. He took low-et bragging rights in Florida with a blistering 5.987/240.25 during Sunday eliminations and was one of only two drivers to break into the five-second-zone during the weekend.

"I love having Trane on the side of my car, because their motto is 'it's hard to stop a Trane,' and this is one train I think will be VERY hard to stop. It's a long ride to the end of the season in Vegas, but we're rolling now, that's for sure!" Stivers said.

Qualifying in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 27, and 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Eliminations are scheduled to begin Saturday evening at 4:30 p.m. and conclude Sunday, March 30.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back