Stivers’ Trane at Charlotte Station, ready for action (1 Viewer)

CONCORD, N.C. (September 17, 2009) - Labor Day was one day Rick Stivers, driver of the Trane '06 Stratus, had hoped to work all day while racing in the NHRA U.S. Nationals - but Mother Nature had other plans for the Lexington, Ky. entrepreneur. His weekend at "The Big Go" was cut short and he failed to qualify. This weekend however, as the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge heads to Charlotte, N.C. for the NRHA Carolinas Nationals, Stivers is looking to "put the Trane back on the track."

"It's hard to stop a Trane, but when Mother Nature took our last qualifier in Indy, she made us wait until this weekend to get back in the show," Stivers said.

"Brad (Anderson, crew chief and team owner) had been working out some new things on the car, and we just needed one more run to get in the show, but it wasn't meant to happen. It was my first race back since my accident in St. Louis, so I was really anxious to get back behind the wheel. This weekend, we've got things dialed in, and Brad'll get it done for us. He, and the entire crew, are really masters at what they do, the very best, and I'm glad to be able to race with him and my teammate Jay Payne.

Never short on words and always willing to throw down a challenge, Stivers made a prediction for the zMax event.

"If the weather holds out, you'll see both of these Brad Anderson-tuned cars in the top of the field, and there's nothing I'm more looking forward to than kicking Jay's tail in the finals," he said with a grin and a nod.

Qualifying rounds are scheduled Friday at 2:00 and 5:30 p.m. and Saturday at 1:00 p.m. Eliminations begin at 4:30 p.m. and conclude Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back