Stivers looking to parlay momentum into win in St. Louis (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]St. Louis (April 30, 2009) - Lexington, Ky. entrepreneur and horse farmer Rick Stivers is on a roll and is looking to parlay his luck into a win in this weekend's Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge event at the O'Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals at Gateway International Raceway.

Stivers is the proud co-owner of Life Lesson, a $60,000 winner last weekend at Keenland Race Course in central Kentucky, and the veteran drag racer is now hoping his next win will come in the form of a Get Screened America Warrior and a $10,000 payday.

"I'm just a competitive person, I guess. I love horsepower, and whether it's got four legs or four wheels, I'm driven to race it and win," Stivers said. "Winning with our horse was a thrill, and we've come so close to a win this season, it's time to get things straight and take a win on the dragstrip, too."

It's not easily overlooked that Stivers has been the strong horse in both races this season: in Gainesville he finished in the semifinals; in Houston he was runner-up. He also holds the distinction of having the most five-second passes to date this season, proving his Brad Anderson-tuned and Trane-backed '06 Stratus is "one bad hotrod."

"We joined Brad's team this season, and I have to say that everything has really jelled. He obviously has the technology and the brains to make these cars go, and I've worked incredibly hard to make my driving better and better every lap.

"And, on top of all of that, we've got Trane onboard, backing us - and their tag line, 'it's hard to stop a Trane' is really proving true for us all.

"This weekend, I'm focused more than ever to get out there and get the win," he added.

Qualifying is scheduled for 2 and 4:30 p.m. Friday and 1:30 p.m. Saturday, with eliminations beginning at 4 p.m. Saturday evening and concluding Sunday afternoon.

Attachments

• LifeLesson[1] mat.jpg
    LifeLesson[1] mat.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back