Stivers delivers career-best to advance to round two in Gainesville (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 14) - Rick Stivers ran a career-best 5.987/240.25 in his Brad Anderson-tuned Trane-sponsored '06 Dodge Stratus to advance to the second-round of eliminations in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx.

After qualifying number three with a blistering 6.010/238.17, Stivers was paired against his friend Mike Knowles in round one Saturday evening. Knowles jumped out to an early lead off the line, but once Stivers passed him, he never looked back.

"I knew this Brad Anderson horsepower would be unbeatable," Stivers said. "I hate that I had to face my buddy Mike Knowles in the first round, but, when it's eliminations, it's on.

"Brad had this car hopped up and loaded for bear. That run was on a string, right down the center of the track, and I knew when I left the line it was going to be awesome!" he said.

His time of 5.987 seconds was low for the round and the event thus far, and one of only two drivers to break into the five-second zone.

"What can I say - Brad is the man. I think he's saving even more for tomorrow - and I can hardly wait," Stivers said.

Stivers is paired with Harold Laird in round two, scheduled to be run Sunday afternoon.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back