Deadly shooting at US university (4 Viewers)

Truly, truly tragic, up to 32 reported dead.

Its acts like this that makes you wonder if the world is going to hell.

Just a thought...I wonder if the media will hide the Killer's ethnicity if he's a minority? Shopping Mall, North Carolina University anyone????

This is tragic! Just a disaster! Prayers go out to all involved.

Also bad is the fact that this will spawn another round of "Guns are Bad" uprisings.
He could have blown the place up with fertilizer and tripled his take but they won't mention that when trying to use this to outlaw firearms.

This is tragic! Just a disaster! Prayers go out to all involved.

Also bad is the fact that this will spawn another round of "Guns are Bad" uprisings.
He could have blown the place up with fertilizer and tripled his take but they won't mention that when trying to use this to outlaw firearms.

I believe that is a topic for another thread

A despicable, horrific, and unspeakable act. My thoughts and prayers are with the students, teachers, families and other victims of this terrible tragedy.

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Deadly shooting at US university

No doubt people in America will be outraged - but nothing ever happens, it's up to you.

I'd say Thank You for the link, but ya know what, have friends and neighbors that Have Kids up at Va. Tech... Happened a hundred mile north of here...
No John, I'm not outraged... don't know why the kid did it, lots of reasons people snap...

I feel for the familys of those killed and wounded...

But John... I take from the way you phrased the Question after the link...

When you pry it form my Cold Dead Hands...
I'm glad WE revolted from The Brits...

I believe that is a topic for another thread
Become a moderator and remove it then!
Shall I run my posts by you for pre-screening in the future?

I said this because it is absolutely true. There WILL be rallies/marches/movements using this very tragedy to grandstand their anti-gun agendas when much of these disasters stem from the likes of emotional issues, poor parenting, mental health or unbridled anger among other concerns which can easily pose a greater threat to our society.

Its acts like this that makes you wonder if the world is going to hell.
That happened long ago Dave, just did not show up as breaking news... How many were slaughtered today or last week because the leaders of our world, have made decisions that effect this big blue ball we are riding... Should we care what is happening in other countries that many do not even know exist?? Or is it a free for all, and an oh well from everyone not effected by such inhumanity?? I understand that we are not the world police, but we sure set some bad examples with policies and decisons made by those that hold the power to either use it for good, or use it for evil, or mis-use it completely...

One of the very first school shootings happened right next door to my Grandparents house... Cyclone fence is all that seperated it... Patrick Purdy was his name... Cleveland elementary school with an AK-47... Stockton, Ca. 198? I'm not shocked anymore by these horrible tragedies... I just shake my head and wonder if it will ever end... Not in our lifetime as far as I can see... What can or should we do??

Just my penny, because I don't want or need the change...

Last edited:
We first heard the news at noon today. We've been praying for the victims and their families since. This is not the first time a gunman has been on the loose at VA Tech. Hopefully the campus powers will learn something this time.

Several bills have been introduced here in Virginia's General Assembly to allow lawfully armed citizens who have concealed carry permits to carry on campus. This would include faculty and students. The bills never make it passed the first round of cuts. You must pass firearms safety training, present proof of training, submit to and pass a criminal background check, and be at least 21 years of age to receive the permit.
The alleged gunman does not qualify to carry any firearm lawfully on Tech's campus. VA state code prohibits firearms on state campuses except by law enforcment.
I wonder if some of today's victims would be alive if any one of them had the right to be lawfully armed and excercised that right.

The following made me sick to my stomach. I received it from Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL), the website of Virginia Citizen's Defense League.

From January 31, 2006:

"House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia,
Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage,
the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was
defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the
General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students,
faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

--

Last edited:
John, I have to disagree with you. Our Second Amendment right to bear arms is as much a part of who we are as Americans as our First Amendment right to free speech and our right to freedom of religion. Keep in mind that it is not some conservative who is telling you this, but a person of the left who is very critical of our President and his government. In fact if I lived in your country I would not only be a member of the Labour Party, I would probably be counted among its left wing as a sympathiser of Tony Benn. Rightly or wrongly, we Americans see our right to bear arms as democratic right of the people to counter the rise of tyranny. To say that our gun laws are "abysmal" is akin to saying that we are too tolerant of repulsive speech or heretical religious sects.

Karl, you're more than welcome. With this horrific shooting l'm glad l'm living in England and not in America.

This shooting will happen again and again as your gun laws are abysmal, and apparently Virginia has the most lax laws in the America.

State Gun Laws :: Virginia

Perhaps you should reference a source that provides our state codes, rather a a site that has an agenda to push. I cross-referenced the link you provided with Virginia's gun laws ( I have an exact copy at home for reference and guidance) and found errors, if not outright lies. I don't completely trust any individual or group on either side, so I do my own research and educate myself from the library of VA state codes.

From the Brady website:

"CCW LIMITS
May police limit carrying concealed handguns? No

State law forces police chiefs and state sheriffs to give concealed carry permits (CCW) to anyone who can buy a handgun, allowing them to carry loaded, concealed handguns in public (known as �shall issue�). Police may not even require safety training in the legal or safe use of weapons for CCW applicants. State law allows residents of some other states to carry concealed weapons in this state without informing local police."

Please see my first post on this thread. I explained this detail. I know it to be factual, as I have a permit to carry a concealed firearm. I, like ALL applicants in VA are subject to the same standards. Those standards are found in Section 18.2-308 of VA state code. I will try to find a link to our state's website and post it for anyone wishing to know the truth.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back