Dale Armstrong (1 Viewer)

That's right...I think he is into old Cadillacs. He had an old Caddy with a modern Northstar drivetrain in a car magazine a few years back.

If you are in Temecula Calif this weekend for the car show, you'll probably see Dale and a couple of his cars.

Dale Armstrongs contributions to fuel racing

I was reading a recent ND article a few days ago about advancements in fuel racing and its really impressive how many of these driven by Dale Armstrong.

Dual fuel pumps, duel spark mags, data acquisitions systems, blower dynos, lockup clutches, he had his hand in every one of these advancements and probably some more I'm forgetting, a pretty impressive guy that sometimes seems like doesn't get his full due.

Paul Titchener

I don't think he was the first to try 2 mags, but I think he was the first to try 3.

How about the 2 speed blower that was nixed ??? :eek:

How about the "terrible towel"

Or the right side torque arm with the training wheel hanging off the chassis??

narrow 4 element wing?

He is a wizzard, no doubt about that.

He was very instrumental in the restoration of Flamin` Frank Pedregons car a few years ago too.

Hmmm, could we see him back in the pits next year teaming up with Ray Alley on the Monster Funny Car. Hey stranger things have happen.

I have always been a huge fan of "AA/Dale". How about in 1974, the first full year of Pro Comp, and he beats teammate Ken Veney's Vega A/FC with an A/FD, then later in the year wins Indy in a AA/A with a blown alky Rat and a '23 T body. Also, to this day, I think his "Alcoholic" Sattelite BB/FCs were some of the wildest FCs ever.

If not for the 23 race schedule and NHRA's handcuffs Dale would probably have the ET records in both fuel classes. One sharp dude. His '62 Chevy 409 is art.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back