Dale Armstrong (1 Viewer)

I am not necessarily in favor of reducing downforce. At the speeds they are running, the cars would be harder to drive (looser at the big end) and you will see more tire smoke. The downforce that a dragster or funny car generates does not allow it to necessarily go faster, it is more to keep the car planted to the track and those big Goodyears hooked up. I think reduction in blower overdrive, go back to 90% and one fuel pump are the way to go. BUT, no matter what you do, these guys are going to find ways to outsmart the sanctioning body and keep breaking parts and going faster, they always do.

The problems are too much tire loading caused by excess down-force & track prep. AND excess torque loaded into the tires by horsepower& clutch control.

To solve the "problems" is to first reduce the down-force by smaller wings & spoilers / spill plates. Then control the horsepower by air volume (33 % max.) & Injector size. Only ONE spark plug, (easy tech ) NO rev limiter. Never

Let the tuners determine the size pump for their tune-up. Allow 95 % for the sound, yes "the sound" , :D and more tuning range with less compression !

Talk about beating a dead horse....:confused:

Since I know little about the technology involved, I'll be brief:
We are conflating three different, albeit related, issues. Safety, speed and cost.
Let's work on safety and cost. Those two things will keep our sport viable in the long term.
The guys who know a lot about the technology will keep the speed in the sport.
Those crafty devils.

Cheers,
Ed

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back