Cutting A Light....warning Results Enclosed (2 Viewers)

The FACT is that Ashley continually struggles with her lights. The FACT is that she has been this way ever since she started in Super Comp.

The FACT is that Ashley knows she is struggling.

I hope she finds a way to correct her issues at the starting line so we don't have to see threads like these anymore.

What makes a thread like this worse is how the "fans" blindly support the driver and bash any poster who dares mention FACTS that may be negative. The original post could have been worded in a more friendly manner but it doesn't change the FACTS. And how anyone could come up with the idea of the thread being sexist is beyond me.

The FACT is that Ashley continually struggles with her lights. The FACT is that she has been this way ever since she started in Super Comp.

The FACT is that Ashley knows she is struggling.

I hope she finds a way to correct her issues at the starting line so we don't have to see threads like these anymore.

What makes a thread like this worse is how the "fans" blindly support the driver and bash any poster who dares mention FACTS that may be negative. The original post could have been worded in a more friendly manner but it doesn't change the FACTS. And how anyone could come up with the idea of the thread being sexist is beyond me.

What he said....

More FACTS...

Through all rounds of eliminations, all other competitors had a combined average of a .077 light. Ashley averaged a .121.

Someone mentioned earlier about it possibly being her set-up and how all of JFR cars are on the lower end of RT averages. That may have been the case in previous years but it doesn't appear to be the case any longer. Excluding Bob Tasca, the rest of the team is averaging a .077 light in eliminations. And Mike Neff who has far less experience than Ashley in any kind of car is averaging .050... he just can't win a round.

As I said, I hope Ashley gets it together so we don't have to see discussions like this.

I think she is doing fine...keeping the car in her lane and away from her competitor was alot of other racers fear last year so if the biggest thing she is doing is cutting bad lights....no big deal!

Ashley was very good in the A/fuel car, I am not sure why at times the lights are just not there. Anything over .100 and you are going to leave 2nd most of the time.

Gotta say, everyone was raggin' on Papa John in 06 and last year about .1 plus lights. Even with Princess copping to blowing it in the finals, and that both her and her dad seem to go shallow, it's as much the car's reaction to the loud peddle as driver.

Yeah, take a bit outta the tree, and risk a red, or do your normal deal.

d'kid

More FACTS...

Through all rounds of eliminations, all other competitors had a combined average of a .077 light. Ashley averaged a .121.

Someone mentioned earlier about it possibly being her set-up and how all of JFR cars are on the lower end of RT averages. That may have been the case in previous years but it doesn't appear to be the case any longer. Excluding Bob Tasca, the rest of the team is averaging a .077 light in eliminations. And Mike Neff who has far less experience than Ashley in any kind of car is averaging .050... he just can't win a round.

As I said, I hope Ashley gets it together so we don't have to see discussions like this.
When the person guilty of the offense admits she has an issue..what benefit is there to keep piling it on?

On the way back Mater..TJ Jr was here..and flat out got ripped for a bad reaction time. It's just amusing the way people seem to want to point out someone else's problem..and it's the way they point them out that annoys me.

She definitely needs to work on her lights. I am sure that she knows it.

Regarding yesterdays race. Worsham had her by .038 in performance. Del was .033 on the tree which means that Ashley could not have won that race with a .000 light.

She definitely needs to work on her lights. I am sure that she knows it.

Regarding yesterdays race. Worsham had her by .038 in performance. Del was .033 on the tree which means that Ashley could not have won that race with a .000 light.

Paul, please don't let facts get in the way of a pointless thread.

Dan Steele Spotted!!!!

He was seen spotting on another board about Danica and preparing a post on the EE thread here and rumors are he is lurking around an Angelle thread also.

When the person guilty of the offense admits she has an issue..what benefit is there to keep piling it on?

On the way back Mater..TJ Jr was here..and flat out got ripped for a bad reaction time. It's just amusing the way people seem to want to point out someone else's problem..and it's the way they point them out that annoys me.
No piling on what so ever. My point was to show the factual basis for the original post and to debunk those bashing the poster/s who agree.

Ashley freely admits needing to work on her reaction times and that's a positive response from her. But that doesn't negate the fact that she's struggled. Nor should it give her a free pass from people commenting on the fact.

Nobody pulls harder against the Force juggernaut than me. So what though. The driver in question cut a bad light on Drag Racing's biggest stage. Point being, at least she's on Drag Racing's biggest stage.

No piling on what so ever. My point was to show the factual basis for the original post and to debunk those bashing the poster/s who agree.

Ashley freely admits needing to work on her reaction times and that's a positive response from her. But that doesn't negate the fact that she's struggled. Nor should it give her a free pass from people commenting on the fact.

Great post Greg and I agree with your views 100%. We should not feel like we can not comment when a team or driver is struggling, this is a message board. If TJ didn't qualify this past weekend I was going to start a thread to discuss the team's struggles. It shouldn't matter what team, Force, Kalitta, DSR, etc. we should be able to discuss struggles as long as we are not making up information.

Great post Greg and I agree with your views 100%. We should not feel like we can not comment when a team or driver is struggling, this is a message board. If TJ didn't qualify this past weekend I was going to start a thread to discuss the team's struggles. I shouldn't matter what team, Force, Kalitta, DSR, etc. we should be able to discuss struggles as long as we are not making up information.

I agree too. Laying the facts of performance on the table makes a great, great drag racing discussion. Referring to another post in the past, commenting whether or not you think a driver's wife is attractive is better suited for Entertainment Tonight. The arguements on drivers and teams are best supported by the numbers. The numbers rarely lie.

Borrowed this from Randy

smarttoday.jpg

that reply make me chuckle everytime...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back