Cutting A Light....warning Results Enclosed (1 Viewer)

I posted my opinion and I believe it was civil in presentation. Does mine not count somehow?
Of course it counts. Everyones opinion counts. I just don't think any of us has the right to criticize others for what they post or how they post it based on your opinion about the topic.

If you want to argue the points/facts of their post, that's a completely different thing.

Nothing about the post that started this thread is factually wrong. People were simply attacking the poster because they didn't like the way he made his point.

Of course it counts. Everyones opinion counts. I just don't think any of us has the right to criticize others for what they post or how they post it based on your opinion about the topic.
We are obviously seeing things differently. Based upon this statement of yours, I believe Dan's initial post was in fact, that very criticism you say he has no right express. I was agreeing.

If you want to argue the points/facts of their post, that's a completely different thing.

Nothing about the post that started this thread is factually wrong. People were simply attacking the poster because they didn't like the way he made his point.
That is exactly the point I was trying to make. Nobody needs to be told of their shortcomings-especially in a public forum. To many, it's called airing dirty laundry. I was taught not to do that personally but absolutely never to do that of others. I saw Dan's initial post as simply attacking Ashley as you say here.

Greg, if you or anyone else comes on to criticizes and downgrade someone because their a women, then they're gonna hear from me every time. Ashley didn't come on here or on TV bragging about how good she is nor has she ever claimed to be perfect. If you like reading and writing criticism about people I'm sure their's a forum out there for that, but i would say from the response on this thread nobody wants to read it here.

Greg, if you or anyone else comes on to criticizes and downgrade someone because their a women, then they're gonna hear from me every time. ...
Please show the rest of us where Dan's post made any derogatory reference to Ashley being a woman and that her performance had to do with her gender!!

Please show the rest of us where Dan's post made any derogatory reference to Ashley being a woman and that her performance had to do with her gender!!

Well, it would read this whole thread where I ask that exact question, he never denied it, nor has he come back to this thread to answer other question asked of him. Unless he comes back and answers i will stick with my observation. Greg your a big fan of Dan's opinions just how would you fell and act if someone made comments such as he did about your love ones, friends or fellow racers you had a lot of respect for. Maybe since Dan's such great guy get a hold of him and tell him to come on back and stand up his cordial opinions.:D

Dan Steele Spotted!!!!

He was seen spotting on another board about Danica and preparing a post on the EE thread here and rumors are he is lurking around an Angelle thread also.

Do we need to call Chris Hansen from NBC's "To Catch a Predator" series.

Don't forget the brownies and lemonade.... in the kitchen..

this is incredible. I have been labeled a sexist, asked to prove my experience and my favorite, been branded a child molester....see last post...i admit now that i was a little harsh with my comments on af's lights...as a drag racing fan it is frustrating to watch someone with the exposure she receives in the media...(aol, boat shows, espn, leno) and now that the more she wins the more the sport grows and the better it will be....so thats all...furthermore i posted the comments way before she aired on the tv about her lights. good luck to you all in your endeavors and i hope all of you can move on past this horrible post.....it seems to me the pc(political correctness) of the world has even gripped this board and dragracing by the throat

Do we need to call Chris Hansen from NBC's "To Catch a Predator" series.

Don't forget the brownies and lemonade.... in the kitchen..

It happens over and over on this, and many other forums and it baffles me.

I'm not sure why anyone would log onto a forum like this, rip someone for something, and expect kid glove treatment in return. The respect gate swings both ways. If you make a comment with a "in-yo'-face!" attitude, you better expect to be treated the same way. If you don't like it, think twice about what you've written before hitting the "submit reply" button.

It happens over and over on this, and many other forums and it baffles me.

I'm not sure why anyone would log onto a forum like this, rip someone for something, and expect kid glove treatment in return. The respect gate swings both ways. If you make a comment with a "in-yo'-face!" attitude, you better expect to be treated the same way. If you don't like it, think twice about what you've written before hitting the "submit reply" button.
That's basically it in a nutshell.

Your facts..and the point you are trying to make..will get lost if it's presented in a disrespectful way.

this is incredible. I have been labeled a sexist, asked to prove my experience and my favorite, been branded a child molester....see last post...i admit now that i was a little harsh with my comments on af's lights...as a drag racing fan it is frustrating to watch someone with the exposure she receives in the media...(aol, boat shows, espn, leno) and now that the more she wins the more the sport grows and the better it will be....so thats all...furthermore i posted the comments way before she aired on the tv about her lights. good luck to you all in your endeavors and i hope all of you can move on past this horrible post.....it seems to me the pc(political correctness) of the world has even gripped this board and dragracing by the throat

All in all, a strong debut ... I look forward to your encore!!! ;)

Got nuthin' to do with political correctness, has everything to do with common decency.

You brought up your experience, you should expect to get called on it. I wouldn't go to a racing board and say I won a bunch of races and not expect to get asked when/where.

Well, it would read this whole thread where I ask that exact question, he never denied it, nor has he come back to this thread to answer other question asked of him. Unless he comes back and answers i will stick with my observation. Greg your a big fan of Dan's opinions just how would you fell and act if someone made comments such as he did about your love ones, friends or fellow racers you had a lot of respect for. Maybe since Dan's such great guy get a hold of him and tell him to come on back and stand up his cordial opinions.:D
How do you get to the point of thinking that I'm "a big fan of Dan's opinions"? What Dan posted was factually accurate. All I did was point out that you and others were jumping on him for the tone of his post and not actually discussing the point he was making. And explain to me why he should have to come on an defend himself against your accusations of sexism when there was no sexism to begin with!?!?

I am a racer with many close ties to some of the racers that many people on this board have made derogatory/defamatory comments toward. In those cases I didn't attack the messenger the way you guys attacked Dan. I simply set the record straight and pointed out that those making the comments did not know of who or what they were talking about.

How do you get to the point of thinking that I'm "a big fan of Dan's opinions"? What Dan posted was factually accurate. All I did was point out that you and others were jumping on him for the tone of his post and not actually discussing the point he was making. And explain to me why he should have to come on an defend himself against your accusations of sexism when there was no sexism to begin with!?!?

I am a racer with many close ties to some of the racers that many people on this board have made derogatory/defamatory comments toward. In those cases I didn't attack the messenger the way you guys attacked Dan. I simply set the record straight and pointed out that those making the comments did not know of who or what they were talking about.

I'm still trying to figure out how you ended up in the frying pan. I think that a big part of the problem is the typical "what I typed was not perceived how I intended it. Suggestion; try replying with "Are you saying blah, blah, blah" before attacking someone, just to be sure that you are on the same page. Then go after them.:cool:

Ashley herself left no room for discussion at the end of the TV broadcast. She said she knew her lights were terrible and that she was going to work on them before Vegas. Therefor, any discussion of the point Mr. Steele was trying to make was rendered moot and had said discussion continued, it would likely have been perceived as mean-spirited piling on.

I also agree that I did not perceive any sexism in Mr. Steele's original post, but he did call into question just about everything else about Ashley including her dedication to her craft. He clearly drew a line in the sand opposite one of the most popular drivers/teams on tour ... no one is so naive to believe there wouldn't be volleys fired back. Some of the volleys were out of line, some weren't, most of it was just noise. The gun jumpers were in full effect on both sides of this thread ... what can you do? It is hard to perceive tone or intent over the interwebs, which is why we should all give pause before hitting "submit reply".

DISCLAIMER: I am not advocating that we all hold hands and kiss each other's backsides. Opinions are fine, as long as you can express them in an intelligent manner. Hateful/personal attacks could not and should not be tolerated. If you can't defend your original point without slagging a fellow board member, your point likely wasn't very sound to begin with.

DISCLAIMER #2: No naive gun jumpers were harmed while making this post.

my post was way before af gave the top of the track interview.....her lights have not been the best even in the darrien meadows car either...not piling on, more like stating the obvious...out of concern thats all...

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back