Cutting A Light....warning Results Enclosed (1 Viewer)

Dan...you are in a no win situation on this board. There are plenty of other boards that echo your opinion from actual blown fuel/alcohol racers elsewhere.
Ashley Force is not a natural/top shelf fuel funny car pilot...plain and simple. What she is though is very pretty, smart, well spoken and the daughter of John Force.
I think she is doing well for the cards she has been dealt in life and will continue to help promote the NHRA.

This is a hor$e $hit thread. Completely uncalled for and not necissary.

So, any thread talking about a team or driver's struggles shouldn't be here? This is a two way street, we will talk about teams/drivers when they are successful and we should be able to talk about teams/drivers when they are not successful. If someone starts a topic with some facts I don't see the problem with talking about it in a tasteful manner since this is a message board. What I don't get is that people will trash the NHRA to no end, but those same people are now preaching that you shouldn't trash teams/drivers:confused:. It kind of seems like double standards to me.

Dan...you are in a no win situation on this board. There are plenty of other boards that echo your opinion from actual blown fuel/alcohol racers elsewhere.
Ashley Force is not a natural/top shelf fuel funny car pilot...plain and simple. What she is though is very pretty, smart, well spoken and the daughter of John Force.
I think she is doing well for the cards she has been dealt in life and will continue to help promote the NHRA.

Watch your tonque "not a natural/top shelf pilot". All kidding aside. The more events Ashley wins the better off NHRA and all of us are. She is the 21st century "face of drag racing." The bottom line is this is an entertainment business. The way to get more attention and air time is for an attractive female driver to be in the winners circle as much as possible. So, I wish nothing but the best for Ashley because I want professional drag racing to take a spotlight and not be relegated to the AM tv schedule or the unmentioned autosport in the newspaper. Yes I am a fan of keeping out sport alive. And the way I see it Ashley is our biggest hope for success.

Good luck this year, Ashley! I'm sure you've been giving the practice tree a good working over and you'll only get better with time. My 8 year old proudly wears her newly autographed Ashley tshirt. Thanks!! :D

No...John Force is her biggest hope for success in NHRA. Daddy was the one who went and brought in the money. Take away J. Force and the excitement will be over in that camp. He is the entertainment ticket over there..
On the natural ability look @ Neff...Made twenty passes and has a fuel license and qualified in his debut. And he is cutting .023 lights. He did not need years of 'fun' laps in other classes..Like Worsham, Cory Lee, etc, etc. There are plenty of people like Neff that have the ability but will not get the opportunity. Just part of life.
Some here are just pointing out that Ms Force cannot cut a light..No biggie for her as she will not be skipping any meals due to her reaction times. But believe me...keep losing races w/ bad lights and crewmembers will leave after the newness wears off.

Watch your tonque "not a natural/top shelf pilot". All kidding aside. The more events Ashley wins the better off NHRA and all of us are. She is the 21st century "face of drag racing." The bottom line is this is an entertainment business. The way to get more attention and air time is for an attractive female driver to be in the winners circle as much as possible. So, I wish nothing but the best for Ashley because I want professional drag racing to take a spotlight and not be relegated to the AM tv schedule or the unmentioned autosport in the newspaper. Yes I am a fan of keeping out sport alive. And the way I see it Ashley is our biggest hope for success.
I have been involved in drag racing in one way or another since 1958 and if what this sport needs to survive is what you suggest Jack than i'll just get off the boat now and avoid the rush. It will be a sad day for the true drag racing fan when it comes to that. Dont take my comments wrong as I am a big A.F. fan but I hate to think we have to depend on her for the survival of the sport.

No...John Force is her biggest hope for success in NHRA. Daddy was the one who went and brought in the money. Take away J. Force and the excitement will be over in that camp. He is the entertainment ticket over there..
On the natural ability look @ Neff...Made twenty passes and has a fuel license and qualified in his debut. And he is cutting .023 lights. He did not need years of 'fun' laps in other classes..Like Worsham, Cory Lee, etc, etc. There are plenty of people like Neff that have the ability but will not get the opportunity. Just part of life.
Some here are just pointing out that Ms Force cannot cut a light..No biggie for her as she will not be skipping any meals due to her reaction times. But believe me...keep losing races w/ bad lights and crewmembers will leave after the newness wears off.
Nice to see you back with all your inside insight, Terry. Too bad Ashley doesn't frequent here so you could maybe send her a PM stating about something she did low-brow eh? Ya know..like being John's kid..and as soon as the newness wears off..she'll be history. Oh..and all the pro drivers you are in with..will be happy.

Makes me wanna throw up in my mouth!!

There are plenty of people like Neff that have the ability but will not get the opportunity. Just part of life.

Huh? Neff is in the car now ... and he has been a top dog crew chief for quite a while. Seems like he has gotten oppurtunities and thus far made the most of them.

I imagine JFR pays just as well if not better than other teams on the tour ... it sure seems like there is oppurtunity to move up among the teams there ... I doubt anyone will walk away from that team anytime soon no matter what Ashley does in the car. Besides, she still has less than 30 National Events in the big show. She will get her wins.

How do you get to the point of thinking that I'm "a big fan of Dan's opinions"? What Dan posted was factually accurate. All I did was point out that you and others were jumping on him for the tone of his post and not actually discussing the point he was making. And explain to me why he should have to come on an defend himself against your accusations of sexism when there was no sexism to begin with!?!?

I am a racer with many close ties to some of the racers that many people on this board have made derogatory/defamatory comments toward. In those cases I didn't attack the messenger the way you guys attacked Dan. I simply set the record straight and pointed out that those making the comments did not know of who or what they were talking about.

Well in your beginning post on this thread you supported him. As for as him being accurate , yea she's had a problem with lights period. His statement after that was rude, personal degrading, and full of hate towards Ashley. I will argue those comments forever, there not acceptable, now stick to facts about Drag Racing and i will be glad to have constructive conversation with you. Maybe i spoke to harshly towards your post and if so i sincerely apologize.
Now for Dan and Jack time will tell if they are man enough to set things straight on this thread. Dan, thinks for coming back and talking.

The principal value a thread like this has to me is finding out who your friends are or aren't. Your opinions will be praised or chastened accordingly.

I think I already knew, for the most part.

The principal value a thread like this has to me is finding out who your friends are or aren't. Your opinions will be praised or chastened accordingly.

I think I already knew, for the most part.

Don't let it get ya' down Doc, I cannot remember (CRS) where or when I read it but the person wrote that they were straight forward especially in their business dealings and were not the "smiling enemy" type. I like that phrase.

I give alotta' chances to people to vindicate themselves, always looking for the good. But one too many times...............

As far as Ashley's RT's and overall performance to date, she knows it. She stated it. Anything else is above and beyond the obvious. I'm not gonna' grade her on anything because I never drove a Nitro Funny.

TAFC yes, and I DO know how tough they are to handle, NOT for the squeamish:eek:

So what if a thousand other sports have fans that criticize their teams or individuals that are STRIVING to be their best, even if that best will be forever (I am absolutely not implying ANYTHING to this case) short of OTHERS expectations.

It is one thing to criticize and another to be loaded into that breech.

I just thing that pig piling on people is very bad form, especially if they themselves know it and admit it.

It reflects their poor character. I myself think there are a few people in and around this sport that exercise bad judgement and form and skill from time to time. But I do my best to keep it to myself.

I believe Ashley will be fine and the wins will come.

And the complainers in life will have to find something else to complain about, sadly, they always do............ REX

Threads like this crack me up.. It's like who better Superman or Spiderman..

Relax people She is going to have a ride for as long as she wants or until daddy says "no more". Judging by the fact that the other girls are getting ready for their turn at the plate I think we will see more Force Girls than some of you can handle.

DAn Steele - I was not calling you a child molester. Relax.

this is incredible. I have been labeled a sexist, asked to prove my experience and my favorite, been branded a child molester....see last post...i admit now that i was a little harsh with my comments on af's lights...as a drag racing fan it is frustrating to watch someone with the exposure she receives in the media...(aol, boat shows, espn, leno) and now that the more she wins the more the sport grows and the better it will be....so thats all...furthermore i posted the comments way before she aired on the tv about her lights. good luck to you all in your endeavors and i hope all of you can move on past this horrible post.....it seems to me the pc(political correctness) of the world has even gripped this board and dragracing by the throat

Dan, you can't continue to try and have a battle of wits with unarmed morons. You don't owe any explanations to these people and some need to change over to the Oprah feel good site. It's probaly best to just drop this whole deal and let it go away and let the nannies take care of them.

Dan, you can't continue to try and have a battle of wits with unarmed morons. You don't owe any explanations to these people and some need to change over to the Oprah feel good site. It's probaly best to just drop this whole deal and let it go away and let the nannies take care of them.

Right.

This deal should be dropped. Should not have been started.

And name callers ("unarmed morons") through the use of that tactic, are most deserving of the moniker used to describe others.

Congratulations!!:cool:

REX

WELL, MATERS WE ARE NOW MORONS

was originally an English scientific term, coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Greek word moros, which meant "dull" (as opposed to "sharp"), and used to describe a person with a mental age located between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with others including "retarded", "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid", and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, though these words have all now passed into common slang use, exclusively in a detrimental context.

Well William, I am surprised that you would step to our level, that you would waste your time to post with such people as MORONS.:eek: NOW lets get back to ground level, your latest comments are far worst than anything we said to support Ashley's dignity. It is really amazing listening to Dan,Jeff,and Williams ignorance toward humans beings that have put their heart and soul into a dream and that has NEVER made derogatory comment about them, my
question is HOW DID YOU DEVELOP THIS MUCH HATE? The end of this story is on you and your posting friends. Good Luck!

People have been called much worse than morons around here. Simply for stating an opposing opinion.

If my math is correct, 14 other Funny Cars were already on the trailer when Ashley and Del rolled to the staging lanes on Sunday. So it can't really be all that bad. 14 men and women who would prefer to be in the final. Right, I mean that is the goal. You AND Your Team get as far in eliminations as possible. I'd say a job well done then.

Again stating that I'm elated when the Ford Gang goes out early, that's the fan in me. But some of this stuff is just plain dumb.

:D:D

If my math is correct, 14 other Funny Cars were already on the trailer when Ashley and Del rolled to the staging lanes on Sunday. So it can't really be all that bad. 14 men and women who would prefer to be in the final. Right, I mean that is the goal. You AND Your Team get as far in eliminations as possible. I'd say a job well done then.

Again stating that I'm elated when the Ford Gang goes out early, that's the fan in me. But some of this stuff is just plain dumb.

:D:D

Eight rounds every weekend. 4 to make the show and 4 to BE THE SHOW.;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back