Cutting A Light....warning Results Enclosed (1 Viewer)

Granted the following is NOT TF or FC its reaction times today in Stock eliminator... I DO RACE.. been racing for 35 yrs+ & these lights sure impress the hell outta me... Almost makes me think of cheating .. I said ALMOST...

This is in Stock Eliminator... Look at Bob Unkefer's lights in the last 3 rounds !!!

Stock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results for Elimination Round 4

BAYTOWN, Texas - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of round 4 eliminations in Stock Eliminator at the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, 21st annual O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals presented by Pennzoil:
W/L Driver Class Dial RT ET Ov/Un

(W) Bob Unkefer F/SA 11.35 0.004 11.411 0.061
(L) Bobby Brannon B/SA 10.53 0.108 10.545 0.015

Bob Unkefer's MOV: 0.0586 seconds (approximately 11 feet).

I cant copy & post the rest but in the next round #5 he had a .000

and in the final he had .001

so .004 .000 .001 Granted is a stocker, but in all my racing I've had 1 ONE .000 light in my life... guess I suck... :(

APBA? IHBA? What organization? I follow the boats fairly closely and would be interested. I've Googled them all to no avail?
I don't doubt you've done it all-it would just be helpful to know what organizations/classes/etc.
Who's Funnys have you been piloting? Being from Havasu, I don't doubt we have many mutual friends in boating or drag racing. Can you help us out a little here? Inquiring minds want to know.

Bobby thats kinda what I was thinking as I have been around boats since the 70's worked my way up from PE, to TAF, now TFH when it doesnt conflict with the car.

Did you at least stay at a Holiday Inn last night????
Myself-I'm short, quite handsome and extremely intelligent. OK, that's enough lying for one thread.
LOL

No, I just bought a double wide ....our first home....I think I have seen you on TV. Thanks Doc....

Ashley was very good in the A/fuel car, I am not sure why at times the lights are just not there. Anything over .100 and you are going to leave 2nd most of the time.

Dan Steele???? Name sounds familiar... oh ya my wife reads her books. You would think she would like Ashley. :rolleyes:

Not to be defending anybody but Ashley mentioned that she needs to go back home and find a better driver before Vegas.
In other words she felt that her lights were bad.
I wonder who the best on the lights in FC?
Bet they took awhile before they were cutting quick lights.

to answer your questions.....
i have won 5 races...not on an asphalt track but on water
i consistenly cut better lights that .143...
i have tested many of top alcohol funny cars...ok you got me, a nitro funny car i have not.
so cutting a light on national tv in the final round makes you suck at lights...give me a break...she is a professional...that means a pro....fess...ional...should cut a pro..fess...ional light like most of the 50 pro..fess..ional drivers do...

Ohhhh! Please, tell me more about your cool "self".....:rolleyes:

I love Ash to death,but i gotta agree with Dan,even Ashley said she was lackluster in the post final interview,so i don't know why you guys are jumpin all over him.a .143 in the final will not win 9/10 races. I'm sure she'll work on it and fix it,look how much better she can pedal now.

I love Ash to death,but i gotta agree with Dan,even Ashley said she was lackluster in the post final interview,so i don't know why you guys are jumpin all over him.a .143 in the final will not win 9/10 races. I'm sure she'll work on it and fix it,look how much better she can pedal now.

They are jumping all over "Dan" because once again someone has decided talk out of their arse, thereby ruining any valid point they may have.

I don't think even her biggest fans can look and say that she had great lights yesterday, but the tone in which he brought it up is what sucks.

Yeah she needs to work on her lights, she even said that herself. All drivers need to work on something to get to the top. Thats how it is. She'll get there

I'm as big of a fan of Ash as you can be and I will be the first one to tell you along with herself, that she needs to find the tree. She could easily have 2 Wally's right now if she could cut a decent light. However I believe it also has something to do with the way the Force cars are set up. If you look at all there RT's, they are typicallly at the bottom end of the RT sheet. Always have been.

I don't think even her biggest fans can look and say that she had great lights yesterday, but the tone in which he brought it up is what sucks.

That's exactly it! It could be said the Ashely needs some time on the practice tree. She was the first to admit that, from what I've read here. I would think that it's a whole different ball game when it comes to a fuel coupe when it comes to leaving, as apposed to, say, a Hemi S/S.

But to come on here, and stop just -----><----- this close to calling Ashley an incompetant driver is what turned most people here against the OPer.

either sounds like another force hater, or keyboard crewchief know it all :mad: im sure you can out drive her too right :rolleyes:

So now I'm enlightened and obviously didn't know the rules for commenting on this web site. You can't post anything that might upset anybody at anytime even if it's the truth unless you also include the words to sing Kumbaya. You are certainly not qualified to post unless you've been racing for 50 years. And don't make the mistake of posting a critical comment if the subject is female because that makes you a sexist and a homophobe. If you don't drive a nitro car, own a nitro car, or sponsor a nitro car, keep your comments to yourself. However if you have the ability to shoe one thru the drive up window at In and Out Burger, then it's OK because you're one of the snobs that live on this board. But if you mention you have driven a boat and live near the river, then all the keyboard cops are searching for your biography and if they can't find anything about you in Wikpedia, then obviously you're a fraud. Snobbery certainly isn't limited to the social pages of the local paper. Perhaps you all can get a group rate and buy your undies in a larger size at a better price.

So now I'm enlightened and obviously didn't know the rules for commenting on this web site. You can't post anything that might upset anybody at anytime even if it's the truth unless you also include the words to sing Kumbaya. You are certainly not qualified to post unless you've been racing for 50 years. And don't make the mistake of posting a critical comment if the subject is female because that makes you a sexist and a homophobe. If you don't drive a nitro car, own a nitro car, or sponsor a nitro car, keep your comments to yourself. However if you have the ability to shoe one thru the drive up window at In and Out Burger, then it's OK because you're one of the snobs that live on this board. But if you mention you have driven a boat and live near the river, then all the keyboard cops are searching for your biography and if they can't find anything about you in Wikpedia, then obviously you're a fraud. Snobbery certainly isn't limited to the social pages of the local paper. Perhaps you all can get a group rate and buy your undies in a larger size at a better price.
Better watch it there William. :D You know most of the posters here are "EXPERTS" from standing on the ropes during the fuel cars start-up and warm up:rolleyes:

Correct me if I am wrong but, didn't papa bear take 12 or 13 finals before he won his first one. I think it worked out OK for him.

PS Randy Love the art work. A picture tells a better story. LOL

So now I'm enlightened and obviously didn't know the rules for commenting on this web site. You can't post anything that might upset anybody at anytime even if it's the truth unless you also include the words to sing Kumbaya.
Now see William..when you say you can't say anything that might upset someone even if it's the truth is the issue. TRUTH as YOU see it? That would make it an opinion right? It's the delivery of opinions that become the issue..which borders on bashing. Anyone can state an unpopular opinion..but when people try to pass their opinions off as fact..or truth..is where things get problematic.

I'm as big of a fan of Ash as you can be and I will be the first one to tell you along with herself, that she needs to find the tree. She could easily have 2 Wally's right now if she could cut a decent light. However I believe it also has something to do with the way the Force cars are set up. If you look at all there RT's, they are typicallly at the bottom end of the RT sheet. Always have been.

If the initial post had been stated like Justin's was, this thread might have started off in a different direction.

So whats the purpose of your post. How would you post if Ashley Force said William Groom shouldn't be driving F/C because he can't hit a number on tree and because he not fit to run in a womens dominated sport.

Ok, she could do better on the lights. But she knows that and I'm sure she will improve. Professional? And what defines that? The class that you compete in? She is still new to a very violent class of racing and not everyone progresses at the same rate.

What do you think of the number 1 qualifier, Alan Bradshaw? A professional, right? And he red lights. So who was worse yesterday, Ashley or Alan?

By the way, congrats to Alan for being the number 1 qualifier (twice!).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back