Cory down under? (1 Viewer)

how long does the austrailian tour last? if it starts in december, will the boys be back in the states for the winternationals?

i sure hope they are back by the winters, paul page by himself in the booth is a downright scary thought! :eek:

I believe the 'Australian tour' is one race only, at Western Sydney on 8/9 December...

Willowbank Raceway has a Top Fuel race four weeks later, but it isn't listed as an international event.

What's amusing is that over at Comp Plus - Cory Mac Down Under, Wes Cerny Tuning - Cory confirms that Mike Dunn will also be competing, preempting the official announcement!

Joe, yes New Zealand does have a track - a few in fact, Champion and Taupo two - but aside from Willy White's fuel Funny Car (has run mid-5s) they don't run nitro cars over there.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what an Australian kiss is?

It's like a French kiss only "Down Under".

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist... :D

I wonder if this will also include running at the Boxing Day Brawl at WSID that team Kalitta/Rasparita has dominated the last 2 years?

I wonder if this will also include running at the Boxing Day Brawl at WSID that team Kalitta/Rasparita has dominated the last 2 years?

Chris,

They changed the dates this year. This is the boxing day race, just at a earlier date, so they could get Cory over there to race.

No USA boxing day race this year.

Mike

It is that event, except they've moved the date.

From what I understand Corey will be driving a Jim Read car while Dunn drives a Santo Rapisarda car.

Oh cool; thanks guys. I hadn't heard anything about the Kalitta plans for this years' event. So maybe if Dunn & Mac are driving those 2 cars, team K won't even be going at all. Those are 2 strong cars with lots of money and strong crew knowledge, so I'd say there's a heck of a chance one of those 2 guys will be heavily favored to win.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back