College Football rivalries (1 Viewer)

Well, the huskers managed to beat the Iowa State Cyclones and looked (I mean sounded--I don't get VS channel) pretty good. But I did get to watch the Texas-Mizzou game. Texas, Oh, my! Tim, they look pretty darn stout!! especially since they were playing Johnny Mopar's Tigers (and the huskers proved how strong they are when we played them!)

After the butt kickin' we took in Austin I'm certain who the best team in the country is...'Hook 'Em Horns'!!! Texas was fast, big and strong. If they play like that in January they'll win it all!

Terry...congrats on your win in Ames. A win on the road these day, no matter the opponent, is BIG! Who do you have next? We have Colorado at Faurot this weekend...

Ha ha ha!

The WolverQueens will probably beat MSU this weekend!

before last weekend I wasn't sure we had a chance, but 1/2 a decent game vs Penn State (I claim amnesia on the 2nd half) combined with states horrible play against OSU and their tendency to get all mental against their big brothers has me hopeful for this weekend

After the butt kickin' we took in Austin I'm certain who the best team in the country is...'Hook 'Em Horns'!!! Texas was fast, big and strong. If they play like that in January they'll win it all!

Terry...congrats on your win in Ames. A win on the road these day, no matter the opponent, is BIG! Who do you have next? We have Colorado at Faurot this weekend...

We have Baylor this weekend--and it should be one we can win if we show up and play. Like I said, we looked pretty good against the Cyclones....but the game is on Versus network--which I don't get on my Dish. Maybe I will have to attend the game at the local establishment:p Good luck against Colorado--they certainly had their moments last week...
We better get the wins while we can--after Baylor, we have OU, KU, KSU, and Colorado to round out our season--that ought to be fun:rolleyes:
Go Horns!

By the way, is Baylor in Texas? And will they beat us this weekend? I decided if we beat Baylor this weekend and have two wins in a row over really tough;) opponents, I will give the huskers their capital H back. But if they lose, I'll take the lower case h back and they will be back to being the uskers. Blackshirts??? Just a distant memory at this time--hoping Pelini can restore the greatness, but it's gonna take time. In all honesty, our defense hasn't looked much better so far this year than it did under the despised Callahan...

The buckeyes have been polished and are quivering with excitement in anticipation of a Buckeye upset!!! Good luck this weekend, Teri!

I'm hoping it doesn't happen :p but after spotting Michigan the lead they did, anything could happen in Buckeyeland. I believe our linebackers are looking for Pryor...:D

I'm hoping it doesn't happen :p but after spotting Michigan the lead they did, anything could happen in Buckeyeland. I believe our linebackers are looking for Pryor...:D
I'm thinking it's gonna be a good one! Just when the picture starts to stabilize and get clear, we have another big rash of upsets. Makes for a great season to watch especially when your own team is .....ahem....not one of the top ranked this year...

Here's the question: Who will back into the National Title game this year when the madness unfolds with 2 weeks to go?

penn state vs texas will be a great game but I'll be pulling for Utah, Ball state or one of the other mid majors to crash the party

Here's a possible scenario: OU vs. TX in the championship game. Don't think so? If TX wins out, OU wins out, Penn State loses and Bama loses then the possibility exists. There's nobody left to pass OU in the BCS.

Here's a possible scenario: OU vs. TX in the championship game. Don't think so? If TX wins out, OU wins out, Penn State loses and Bama loses then the possibility exists. There's nobody left to pass OU in the BCS.

What if USC wins out?

The ol' rematch happened in 1996. FSU beat Florida in Nov, then Florida beat FSU in the Sugar Bowl. TX and OU can both win out, but I think the pollsters have learned their lesson about putting in a foe that didn't even qualify for the Big 12 Title Game. I'm sure someone in this thread remembers that lesson :D

The ol' rematch happened in 1996. FSU beat Florida in Nov, then Florida beat FSU in the Sugar Bowl. TX and OU can both win out, but I think the pollsters have learned their lesson about putting in a foe that didn't even qualify for the Big 12 Title Game. I'm sure someone in this thread remembers that lesson :D

No worries. OU won't win out anyway. :D

I think that is a real possibility, Tom, but I must point out that for OU to win out, they have to beat the huskers....okay, okay, just trying to support my team!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back