College Football rivalries (1 Viewer)

I think Bama's overrated. They have a good defense but there offense is lacking. All the other teams are shootout style teams and I think OU, UT, USC would roll Bama. And I like Bama. UT is my team and I still think they arent as good as some people think. Personally, I think OU and USC are the 2 best teams. UT and Bama are 3rd and 4th. I would love to see a OU/UT rematch for the national championship. I'd also love to see a USC/Texas Tech game. That would be a 70-55 kinda game. Entertaining to watch for sure.

I think Bama's overrated. They have a good defense but there offense is lacking. All the other teams are shootout style teams and I think OU, UT, USC would roll Bama. And I like Bama. UT is my team and I still think they arent as good as some people think. Personally, I think OU and USC are the 2 best teams. UT and Bama are 3rd and 4th. I would love to see a OU/UT rematch for the national championship. I'd also love to see a USC/Texas Tech game. That would be a 70-55 kinda game. Entertaining to watch for sure.
A man after my own heart, Justin! I love offense!--I find low scoring defensive struggles boring and tedious. That's why I was (and still am to some degree) a fan of the FSU, Florida, (in their glory years) throwing teams. I like to see scoring! I agree with you on most everything except USC--I feel about them about the way you look at Bama--I think they are overrated and teetering on the edge of a big upset (again). But I'm glad you mentioned Texas Tech...they are FUN to watch! And although we played an uncharacteristically strong game against them, it still was clear that they are one heck of a team. Gotta say, with the exception of ahem some lesser teams (Iowa State...Nebraska) the Big 12 overall has some pretty strong teams that unfortunately either have alreadyor will before the end of the season be beaten by another conference team.

Here's an interesting study at the midpoint of the season
ACC Football Report: Out of Conference Report - Midseason Edition

I know a lot of you are Big12 folks. That's cool!! Being in the South, I am sick to death of the SEC. Yeah I know it's a fun conference, and I know that the fans swell the stadiums, and the girls look ultra nice in September in a dress (choose your school color here).

I'm concerned about the amount of points offenses are putting up against fellow Big 12 teams. Punching you in the mouth in recent years has always put a stop to the 50 point per game offense. I just know I want to see a Big 12 team in the Title game. Not USC, and Not Ohio State.

Anyway, it's nice we get to argue about this insane crapshoot. If West Virginia wouldn't have folded like a cheap lawn chair last year vs. Pitt, LSU would have never gotten to the title game. I guess what I"m saying is we'll never know what 3, 4, or 5 could do vs. either of the 2 teams in the Title game. How long can we rely on Student Information Directors, Coaches who don't watch the game, and computers to TELL us who should be champ. Especially when the computers don't incorporate head to head matchups. Really!! There's not some guy at M.I.T. who can put away the Dunkin Donut for 30 minutes and make that happen.

Last edited:
Hey Steve! You are welcome anytime as an honorary part time big 12 fan! Tim and I take turns being surrogate Horn and husker fans depending on the opponents. Come on aboard for any game you wish (by the way the huskers (who will get the capital H back this weekend if they beat Baylor) could use all the fans they can muster! Geez, how many Div 1 teams do they have in Texas????

Terry........I hope you have your Buckeyes ready for tomorrow nights game, we will need all the help we can get. Hopefully we can pull out a win!!!

Thanks Terry! :D

Big12 item: Mike Leach had student tryouts for kicker this week and is going with the student from what I hear.

As for my Hoo's. After 3 trips to Charlottesville and 3 staight home games they're on the road vs. the Ramblin' Wreck. Given the history and the Vegas line of 12, I guess the Hoo's are going lose for the 1st time since Sept 27th.

Pullin' for Oklahoma State, Mike Gundy, Hart Lee Dykes, and Thurman Thomas this weekend over Texas.

Terry........I hope you have your Buckeyes ready for tomorrow nights game, we will need all the help we can get. Hopefully we can pull out a win!!!
They are tuned and ready! I'll be watching--I don't know why, but I really get a kick out of seeing Penn State get beat--don't really know why--I have the utmost respect for Joe Paterno as one of the real good guy coaches that has good teams but actually seems to think that "student athletes" should go to class and stuff, and (perish the thought) even graduate! Maybe it's all that Joe Pah stuff the announcers are always doing...Anyway, kick butt on the Nittany Lions. And Steve, the Okie State-Texas game ought to be a dandy...I actually predicted 2 years ago that within 3 years, with the infusion of all of the funds from Boone Pickens, that they will be a force to reckon with...And with the money, you can sure "recruit" the best players--just like good ol NU could when everyone loved the AD and the coach and the team and just couldn't wait to give a gazillion dollars to be a member of the "Husker Power Club" or "Husker Beef Club" or whatever..I do believe it's called the Golden Rule---He who has the gold, rules.

The Buckeys' hockey team didn't fare too well against my #2 ranked University of Denver last night. Tonight we go for the sweep !!!!!!

Hey Terry, congrats to your Huskers and Hook em Horns!!!:cool: Texas BARELY pulled out the win today and it made for a nervous week for me!!! OSU is by far the best overall team that Texas has faced and I was expecting the worst all week, but we cant savor the win too much because we now have to go to Texas Tech and face ANOTHER scary team who is capable of winning the National Championship!!! Another gut wrenching week of being stressed and nervous about this weeks game.:eek:

Congrats Tim. when Colt fumbled .. I really thought we had it.

that was a fun game to watch.

osu4-sm.gif

Congrats Tim. when Colt fumbled .. I really thought we had it.

that was a fun game to watch.

osu4-sm.gif

Thanks Doug, but that game was anything but fun for me!:eek: I thought for sure all week long that it was going to be a close win or a bad loss for Texas. OSU has been known for jumping all over Texas in the first half,so needless to say I was worried ALL WEEK!!!:(

The Huskers (yep they got the capital H back) got by Baylor. I think Baylor may be a better team than a lot of people give them credit for...maybe. Congrats to all the winners, and condolences to the winners. Spotlight win for the weekend (not to belittle the Horns performance, Tim) HAS to be the Golden Domers win over Washington--correct me if I'm wrong, Mike, but wasn't that more points than the Domers scored all last year?:D

Good weekend for the big 12--Mizzou, Texas, Texas tech,--I sure don't envy Tim's Horns taking on Texas Tech next weekend--they can be positively scary. And Tom, we got the Sooners next weekend, and I'm predicting an upset!!!!:rolleyes: Oh well, we can dream!!!

What, we're gonna score less than 40? That'd be a little upsetting. :D
Touche, Tom! Obviously, I have to give a slight edge to the Sooners in this one, but we did play Texas Tech close (and lost horribly to Mizzou) so if the right team shows up, and the Sooners are looking by us, and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime, ya never know! Go Huskers?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back