College Football rivalries (2 Viewers)

Michigan sucks.......ooops sorry that just popped out :D:D
I see how ya are, Mike--your team scores a few points, gets a few wins, and then stuff like that starts popping up!:D Hey, can ya hoist a Captain for the Huskers Saturday? We need all the help we can get--Tom says we are doomed, and he may be right.....:eek: Who do the Domers have Sat?

Well this weekend my Tigers will be working on getting some of that MOJO back against Tulane. I'm hopefully that true Freshman Jefferson will get some time at Quarterback this weekend. Then on to next week against Satan...excuse me Saban and Bama!

GEAUX TIGERS!

I see how ya are, Mike--your team scores a few points, gets a few wins, and then stuff like that starts popping up!:D Hey, can ya hoist a Captain for the Huskers Saturday? We need all the help we can get--Tom says we are doomed, and he may be right.....:eek: Who do the Domers have Sat?

the Pitt Panthers are coming to south bend....it's a winnable game but it's gonna be a tough one.....the captain and me (his first mate) will hoist in the huskers honor :cool:

Calling Tom Burgess---Bad enough we have to play the Sooners Saturday, but gosh, does it have to be the 7 pm prime time game that PEOPLE MAY BE WATCHING???????:eek: I thing the 11 am slot would have been just fine! But Go Huskers, and best of luck to the Sooners, Tom...who knows, the Sooners HAVE to be looking by the Huskers a little, don't they??

Ouch....it's 49-14 in the 2nd quarter... :(

Man, I am in COMPLETE disgust that Texas let it get away in the final 10 seconds of play!:mad: Fist, safety Blake Gideon had the game won if he would have held onto the tipped pass that should have been an interception (my 6 year old could have). Then if we stopped Crabtree inbounds short of the touchdown the clock would have expired with Texas winning by 1!
:mad::mad:

Hell of a game....definately lived up to the hype

.....and to jimmy clausen....HOW THE FLYING #%$! DO YOU OVERTHROW A RECEIVER 15 YARDS CLEAR OF ANY DEFENDER IN OVERTIME?!

UGH.....OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!!!

Man, I am in COMPLETE disgust that Texas let it get away in the final 10 seconds of play!:mad: Fist, safety Blake Gideon had the game won if he would have held onto the tipped pass that should have been an interception (my 6 year old could have). Then if we stopped Crabtree inbounds short of the touchdown the clock would have expired with Texas winning by 1!

Tim,

There's nothing to be ashamed of in last night's loss. That may have been the best game of the year...so far. Winning on the road is incredibly difficult. My Tigers barely got out of Baylor with a win. I hope we meet up in the Big 12 championship game at Arrowhead. I'd like another shot at your Longhorns...this time on Missouri soil.
;)

Tim, you should be in digust b/c we got dominated for 3 quarters. Texas didnt even show up until the 4th quarter. And still almost won. Tech deserved to win that game, hands down they outplayed UT. Graham Harrell/Michael Crabtree is the #1 combo in college football no doubt. The whole Tech receivers corp caught some unbelievable passes last night and UT's receivers couldnt catch a freaking barn if you threw it at them. I know back before the season started when I said Tech was for real alot of people laughed at me, well I guess not now. The rankings will be interesting. I sure hope they show Tech respect. I think the 3 best teams in NCAA football right now are USC, OU, and Tech. The only problem I see is Tech's Def. They did keep UT in check last night for 3 quarters but I think it was more of UT's offense not showing up until the 4th quarter. Go Red Raiders! I'd love to see them win it all.

Tim, you should be in digust b/c we got dominated for 3 quarters. Texas didnt even show up until the 4th quarter. And still almost won. Tech deserved to win that game, hands down they outplayed UT. Graham Harrell/Michael Crabtree is the #1 combo in college football no doubt. The whole Tech receivers corp caught some unbelievable passes last night and UT's receivers couldnt catch a freaking barn if you threw it at them. I know back before the season started when I said Tech was for real alot of people laughed at me, well I guess not now. The rankings will be interesting. I sure hope they show Tech respect. I think the 3 best teams in NCAA football right now are USC, OU, and Tech. The only problem I see is Tech's Def. They did keep UT in check last night for 3 quarters but I think it was more of UT's offense not showing up until the 4th quarter. Go Red Raiders! I'd love to see them win it all.

You are so right Justin, the only player that seemed to show up last night for Texas was McCoy. He threw passes that should have been very easy for his receivers to catch and they were just dropping them left and right. All of Texas' national title hopes down the drain. ***insert sound of flushing toilet***:p

Ut-Tech game was great to watch--unfortunately I probably saw more of that than the Huskers-Sooners matchup. Our first quarter was pitiful. I could say al that stuff about "breaks going against us" etc, but plain and simple, we just sucked. I was glad to see us make some adjustments and play better in the second half, but our tackling "skills" still amaze me. I am pretty sure we didn't go out and recruit players who consistently arm tackle and miss tackles--what happened after they got here???? Anyway, congrats to OU and my buddy Tom Burgess--the best team obviously won, and the Sooners certainly outplayed us. Things that make me scratch my head, though--we nearly beat Texas Tech in overtime, and now they are the number 2 (should be number one in my opinion), and we beat Baylor pretty handily, and Mizzou, after beating us by a gazillion points, struggles to get by Baylor. There's a pretty good team in Lincoln--unfortunately, they don't seem to attend all the Husker games. As my buddy Mike Minick said, "Oh Captain, my Captain" for us, the Domers, and PJs Wolverines...alas.

The success of Mike Leach in his remaining games may determine how much Clemson, Tennesse, or Auburn (maybe) will pay him in 2009??!! Thoughts?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back