College Football rivalries (1 Viewer)

It's been almost 40 years

That statement right there says it all about MichiganFan. Such low expectations...what, one National Championship in those 40 years?

Is this where I get to hear about them being the winningest program in all of College Football? (padding their stats against lowly Big 10 opponents like Northwestern, Indiana and...I have already documented that only two other teams had winning records in the entire Big 10 during Blo Sh1tbechler's era) Is this where I get to hear about all their meaningless Big 10 (11) titles? Is this where I get to hear about their Bowl game streak?

Yep, it's so sad that Michigan has fallen even lower than their expected and accustomed mediocrity.

I applaud Rich Rod for trying to break the cycle of excepting mediocrity. Rich Rod will not settle for just being happy to win the Big 11 and going to the Rose Bowl. Rich Rod wants to win National Championships. Rich Rod wants to go to the Rose Bowl, when it's the Rose Bowl's turn to host the BCS National Championship Game. Rich Rod wants to start his own traditions at Michigan. If he is successful, there will be even more bandwagon Michigan fans than there are now.

The comments about Colt's falling down out of bounds were pretty much spot on as well. We could have three defenders draped on Colt in the field of play before his knees would buckle but let one finger touch him near the sideline and somehow he was in the dirt in a flash! It's just part of the game...

I agree Tom, those were bad calls against OU. Everybody here at the house said the same thing and we are all UT fans!

I agree Tom, those were bad calls against OU. Everybody here at the house said the same thing and we are all UT fans!
Hey Tim! Long time!......Congrats on the 'Horns victory Sat. Quite a game! Looks to me like the Horns must be quite a team, cause OU is really strong. I was impressed with Colt McCoy Sat. Did a really good job. Kinda sad the Big 12 powers are gonna kinda grind each other up before bowl season--Hey, I actually heard one talking head commentator this weekend saying that the Big 12 may be the toughest conference out there...kinda rare to hear that from the commentators!
And wazzup with Mizzou??? That was a real surprise to me after watching them dismantle us last week....

Hoo's pull of another shocker over ECU in Scott Stadium. THE big game of the year for me is next week vs. UNC in Charlottesville. This based upon I live in the midst of everything "baby blue". 3-0 in the homestand :eek: Goin' to be tough!!

That statement right there says it all about MichiganFan. Such low expectations...what, one National Championship in those 40 years?

Is this where I get to hear about them being the winningest program in all of College Football? (padding their stats against lowly Big 10 opponents like Northwestern, Indiana and...I have already documented that only two other teams had winning records in the entire Big 10 during Blo Sh1tbechler's era) Is this where I get to hear about all their meaningless Big 10 (11) titles? Is this where I get to hear about their Bowl game streak?

Yep, it's so sad that Michigan has fallen even lower than their expected and accustomed mediocrity.

I applaud Rich Rod for trying to break the cycle of excepting mediocrity. Rich Rod will not settle for just being happy to win the Big 11 and going to the Rose Bowl. Rich Rod wants to win National Championships. Rich Rod wants to go to the Rose Bowl, when it's the Rose Bowl's turn to host the BCS National Championship Game. Rich Rod wants to start his own traditions at Michigan. If he is successful, there will be even more bandwagon Michigan fans than there are now.

Do we point out your extreme hateful bias agaisnt anyting U of M:p Easy for someone to rip on a team when they can't pick one for themselves band wagon hopping from team to team.

Of course we could get into how there really isn't a college football championship. Or how big ten teams end up playing bowl games in at minumum the home region if not the home field of the team they play.

I'd love to see the USC, Florida, LSU, FSU come north the end of November and play at the Horseshoe, Big House, Camp Randall or even sparty land.
Ya know I'll actually give USC credit the do play Notre Dame after Septemeber in South Bend every other year.

A conference title, regardless of what conference is more important than a fake national title and has been for years. How you are pre ranked before the season starts has as much to do with where you end then anything.

Do you really think Michigan has been a bad team for all these years? Ya know Tomy Schumacher gets to take out the "lowly" 16th qualifier at most races, maybe we should count those towards his win total right.

Look at every other major program most have had a down turn over the last 20 years. Michigan has gone double that. Is just having a good season enough, of course not but based on the current system thats really all you can hope for.

Of course we could get into how there really isn't a college football championship. Or how big ten teams end up playing bowl games in at minumum the home region if not the home field of the team they play.

I'd love to see the USC, Florida, LSU, FSU come north the end of November and play at the Horseshoe, Big House, Camp Randall or even sparty land.
Ya know I'll actually give USC credit the do play Notre Dame after Septemeber in South Bend every other year.

Oh puhlease! Home field in a Bowl game? The turf is the same for both teams. The weather is generally good. You are reaching my friend.

A conference title, regardless of what conference is more important than a fake national title and has been for years.

MichiganFan has to force themselves to believe that bullcrap, because Michigan doesn't win National Titles. I have never heard a fan from any other team ever, and I mean ever, say a Conference Championship is more important than a National Championship. That is just spin doctoring at its finest.

Do you really think Michigan has been a bad team for all these years?

I didn't say bad. I said mediocre. :D

USC/UCLA get home games at the Rose Bowl.

Didn't we go through this awhile back and I went through the records and showed you how wrong it was with thus funny little thing called facts:p

Now there is nop doubt Michigan's rose bowl record is bad.

As for the National title. How are there at least 2 teams that haven't lost yet but are still only ranked in the mid teens? How many time s have there been teams that have gone undefeated yet soneone not crowned the champs?

Don't get me wrong I very much want a national title, I also realize it has as much to do with politicing as is does with how a team does on the field.

Like me, I'm sure some of you have seen LSU play in the Sugar Bowl, and Georgia play in the Peach Bowl. I have never seen a bigger home field advantage (crowd-wise) in a bowl in my life. But those are the breaks. It's all about selling tickets.

Oh yeah, in my humble opinion there has never been a National Champ in Football. I usually refer to the so called Champ as the team that finished Number 1. Until the "human factor" is erased that's my stand.

Well, time for me to jump into the group here--we got beat by Texas Tech, but our play on both sides of the ball was much improved. Kinda wonder where Pelini put the team that played Mizzou last week and came up with this one--the team members have publicly declared they will not accept "moral victories" but nevertheless, this was one for the huskers (yeah, they got the lower case h back now). They played well against TT--now we need to see if it can continue or is it was just one of those "brief shining moments". But what a week for upsets! My condolences to football thread regulars Tom Burgess, Gary LeBoeuf, Mike "the captain" Minick, PJ and Dave Major, and last but not least Johnny Mopar. But it is worthy of note that Teri's Buckeyes managed to put one in the W column.

And congrats to Tim on a really exciting Horns victory.....what a weekend for college football.

I am counting on the huskers to win out now......AND I don't think Force took a dive for Hight.....:rolleyes:

Thanks for your support....my Tigers looked like they'd been de-clawed. I was there and was amazed at how little energy they showed. It appeared to me that the game plan was too conservative, the approach wasn't aggressive enough and that the team was (most likely) looking past OSU to the game this Saturday in Austin. Now we've dug ourselves a hole and have no room for error. If we want to play in a bowl that matters we'll need to win on the road...something Oklahoma couldn't do. What a task...

Thanks for your support....my Tigers looked like they'd been de-clawed. I was there and was amazed at how little energy they showed. It appeared to me that the game plan was too conservative, the approach wasn't aggressive enough and that the team was (most likely) looking past OSU to the game this Saturday in Austin. Now we've dug ourselves a hole and have no room for error. If we want to play in a bowl that matters we'll need to win on the road...something Oklahoma couldn't do. What a task...
Well, Mr. Cerberus, if the Tigers had to pick a week to stumble, that probably was the best one with all of the other upsets--it's gonna make the rest of the season really interesting--best of luck to you and the Tigers and also to my buddy Tim's Horns--may the best team win! I'll be watching for sure!

Well, Mr. Cerberus, if the Tigers had to pick a week to stumble, that probably was the best one with all of the other upsets--it's gonna make the rest of the season really interesting--best of luck to you and the Tigers and also to my buddy Tim's Horns--may the best team win! I'll be watching for sure!

This is a classic case of woulda', coulda', shoulda'. Had we taken care of business (like we should have) versus OSU, this weekend's game at Austin could have been #1 versus #2. How cool would that have been??? Missed opportunity for sure...:mad:

This is a classic case of woulda', coulda', shoulda'. Had we taken care of business (like we should have) versus OSU, this weekend's game at Austin could have been #1 versus #2. How cool would that have been??? Missed opportunity for sure...:mad:

Thats what I was hoping for as well...and I just wanted to see another team from the Big12 South fall so Texas would be 1 step closer towards winning the south!
Best of luck to your Tigers this weekend and may the best team win!!!:D:cool:

Thats what I was hoping for as well...and I just wanted to see another team from the Big12 South fall so Texas would be 1 step closer towards winning the south!
Best of luck to your Tigers this weekend and may the best team win!!!:D:cool:

Thanks Tim. I have no idea how our Tigers will rebound from last week's loss. This is a new plateau we're on with no history to judge us by. I do know that this is our biggest game of the year. Even the Big 12 championship game won't be this big. If we want to play in a BCS bowl we'll have to win on the road in Austin...an enormous task to say the least. Good luck to your 'Horns. Let's hope it's a barn burner with the last score happening as time runs out.

The entire country will be watching!

Agreed...what a nice 'arena' this is.

Who do the 'Huskers play this weekend?
Isn't this a great thread? Tim and I had a great time last year and actually became "adopted" fans of the other's team. I started watching the Horns and Tim started following the huskers (see, still no capital h, but they are getting closer) and we had a good time with good natured jibes at each other. Tim's one of the real gentlemen on the board.
The huskers have Iowa State Saturday. The way I see that game is that the outcome will depend very much on which team shows up--if the team that narrowly lost to Texas Tech shows up, we should be able to put up a W fairly handily. However, if the uskers that showed up for the Mizzou game take the field Saturday, it's gonna be a long day for us.

Best of luck to Johnny Cerberus (hey, is Cerberus gonna buy GM?? Whoops, hijacking my own thread! Alan Loder would be proud!) and the Mizzou Tigers and to Tim and the 'Horns. I'll be watching--I think it will be a barnburner. My prediction?????? huskers over Cyclones by two TDs!:D

Caution, thread hijack:

Tom, you going to make the ADRL race next week?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back