College Football rivalries (2 Viewers)

Justin, you can't live your life in fantasyland, Bro. WAKE UP!!!!

:D

I think it will be a good game until the 4th quarter and then I think OU will pull ahead. I hope not, I want my Horns to win but I think OU is the better team right now.

Man, what a game between Oklahoma and Texas. I was on the edge of my chair the whole game. Crazy. Sorry Tom.

Orange

Power

osu4-sm.gif

Yep, it was a real butt-clincher. Still not sure what happened with that non (?) interception in the end zone that didn't get reviewed. I was very impressed with Texas' offense, I would've bet my house that nobody could hang 45 on us this year but once Ryan Reynolds got taken out of the game it exposed a weakness in the middle of our defensive backfield. IMHO if we can put up 35 on anybody we should win, period. This one is on our defense.

Congrats to the Horns and to the OSU Cowboys. The Big 12 is somewhat tough this year, lol.

It was a crazy day for sure yesterday. Horns win, and Tom I agree about the interception in the end zone that wasnt reviewed but how about that ****ty call of roughing the kicker that ended in a td for you guys. That was a bad call. But still a great day.

LSU gets beat. Michigan gets beat at home by Toledo. Mizz gets beat. Just crazy. I think Texas and USC will jump way up. I dont know if they will make UT 1 though. We will see.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTRE DAME TOTALLY BLEW THAT GAME....i was NOT a happy camper....we are a better team than North Carolina and that was our shot to get some cred and possibly break into the top 25 GRRRRRR!!!

but i tell you what....after yesterday i am jumpin on the bandwagon of the OKie St Cowboys....i thought there was no way they are goin into Mizzou and winning and they did....i was very impressed....they are a great team!!

GO IRISH!.....go OK st :D

Yep, it was a real butt-clincher. Still not sure what happened with that non (?) interception in the end zone that didn't get reviewed. I was very impressed with Texas' offense, I would've bet my house that nobody could hang 45 on us this year but once Ryan Reynolds got taken out of the game it exposed a weakness in the middle of our defensive backfield. IMHO if we can put up 35 on anybody we should win, period. This one is on our defense.

Congrats to the Horns and to the OSU Cowboys. The Big 12 is somewhat tough this year, lol.

Yeah Tom, it was a great game and it kept everyone at the house here on edge!!! There were a couple of bad calls against both teams, but I gotta say that " and the Oscar goes to... the OU kicker for his brilliant performance faking an injury on a punt"!!!!:p Even the broadcasters were joking about it afterwards!
Once again, OU plays a tough game and still IMO deserves a BSC bid somehow if they win out. My LongHorns still have a nightmare schedule ahead!:eek:

Well, time for me to jump into the group here--we got beat by Texas Tech, but our play on both sides of the ball was much improved. Kinda wonder where Pelini put the team that played Mizzou last week and came up with this one--the team members have publicly declared they will not accept "moral victories" but nevertheless, this was one for the huskers (yeah, they got the lower case h back now). They played well against TT--now we need to see if it can continue or is it was just one of those "brief shining moments". But what a week for upsets! My condolences to football thread regulars Tom Burgess, Gary LeBoeuf, Mike "the captain" Minick, PJ and Dave Major, and last but not least Johnny Mopar. But it is worthy of note that Teri's Buckeyes managed to put one in the W column.

And congrats to Tim on a really exciting Horns victory.....what a weekend for college football.

I am counting on the huskers to win out now......AND I don't think Force took a dive for Hight.....:rolleyes:

Man I knew we were going to be for a rough year but dayum Michigan

At this point with the schedule ahead they may not win again

Penn states is this weekend. I'll be shocked if we stay with 40 points of them. Our D is actually ok but the offense couln't score on a middle school team half the time

Michigan State- should beat us, but they are a head case so a win their wouldn't be that much of an upset

Purdue, Northwestern and Minnesota. All should have been wins coming into the season now we'll be the underdogs in each.

Then that team from Columbus...although they do seem overrated at these they are rated.

The longest bowl streak ever in now in some serious jeapordy.

I suppse it was bound to happen. Every other major team has gone through down times, we're just not used to it here. It's been almost 40 years

Man I knew we were going to be for a rough year but dayum Michigan

At this point with the schedule ahead they may not win again

Penn states is this weekend. I'll be shocked if we stay with 40 points of them. Our D is actually ok but the offense couln't score on a middle school team half the time

Michigan State- should beat us, but they are a head case so a win their wouldn't be that much of an upset

Purdue, Northwestern and Minnesota. All should have been wins coming into the season now we'll be the underdogs in each.

Then that team from Columbus...although they do seem overrated at these they are rated.

The longest bowl streak ever in now in some serious jeapordy.

I suppse it was bound to happen. Every other major team has gone through down times, we're just not used to it here. It's been almost 40 years

I feel your pain PJ. Lots of similarities between the husker situation and the Wolverine situation.....take heart, we shall rise again!;)

Yeah Tom, it was a great game and it kept everyone at the house here on edge!!! There were a couple of bad calls against both teams, but I gotta say that " and the Oscar goes to... the OU kicker for his brilliant performance faking an injury on a punt"!!!!:p Even the broadcasters were joking about it afterwards!
Once again, OU plays a tough game and still IMO deserves a BSC bid somehow if they win out. My LongHorns still have a nightmare schedule ahead!:eek:

The comments about Colt's falling down out of bounds were pretty much spot on as well. We could have three defenders draped on Colt in the field of play before his knees would buckle but let one finger touch him near the sideline and somehow he was in the dirt in a flash! It's just part of the game...

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a Buckeye joke?" The guy replies, "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I am 6' tall, 200 lbs. and I am an Ohio State graduate. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2", 225 lbs. and he is an Ohio State graduate.
The guy right next to him is 6'5", 250lbs. and he is also an Ohio State graduate. Now, you still wanna tell me that joke?" The first guy says, "No, not if I'm going to have to explain it three times"

It was reported that the Ohio Football Coach Jim Tressel will on ly be dressing 20 players for the Michigan game ...the rest of the players will have to dress themselves.

Did you hear that the Ohio State University library burned to the ground?
All five books in the library were completely destroyed.... the football team is really upset by the fire; they hadn't colored in two of the books yet!

What's the only sign of intelligent life in Columbus?

Ann Arbor: 187 Miles

Q: What does the average Ohio State University student get on his SAT?

A: Drool

Q: How do you get an Ohio Graduate off your front porch?

A: Pay him for the pizza.

Four college Alumni were climbing a mountain one day: An OSU grad, a Michigan grad, a Penn State grad, and a Notre Dame grad. Each proclaimed to be the most loyal fan of their alma mater. As they climbed higher, they argued as to which of them was the most loyal of all. They continued to argue all the way to the top when the Notre Dame grad hurled him self off the mountainside shouting "This is for the fighting Irish!" Not wanting to be outdone, the Penn State grad threw him self off the mountain proclaiming, "This is for the Nittany Lions!" Seeing this, the Michigan grad walked over and shouted, "This is for the Wolverines!" and pushed the Ohio State grad off the mountain.

Q: What did the OSU grad say to the Michigan grad?

A: "Welcome to McDonalds. May I take your order please?"

A young man hired by a supermarket reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, "Your first job will be to sweep the store." But, I'm a OSU graduate,"
the young man replied indignantly, "I even played football there!" "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that," said the manager. "Here, give me the broom, I better show you how."

Two Ohio State football players were hootin' and hollerin' while partying on campus when a bartender asked them why they were celebrating. The smart one said proudly that they had just finished a jigsaw puzzle and it only took them two months. "Two months?!" exclaimed the bartender. The Buckeye proudly replied, "Yeah, the box said 4 - 6 years!"

A Buckeye football player was almost killed today in a tragic horse back riding accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death.
Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse just in time.

A little boy and his mother were walking through an Ohio cemetery when they came upon a headstone tha t read: "Here lies an OSU graduate and a good man." The little boy asked his mother, "Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?"

Coaches Jim Tressel and Lloyd Carr are walking down the beach talking about the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan As they are walking, Lloyd trips over something in the sand. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a genie's lamp. "Who disturbs me?" asked the genie. Jim and Lloyd both say they did. "You will each get one wish," said the genie. Jim offers to go first. "I want an impenetrable wall built around the entire state of Ohio so that none of those stupid Michiganians can ever get in. I want it as far down into the ground asit is high and I want it to be completely sealed in so that we can finally have our peace!" The genie grants the wish to Jim and his is instantly whisked away to his new paradise. The genie now tells Lloyd he'll grant him one wish. Lloyd says, "Fill it up with water."

Q: Why is ice no longer available at Ohio State football games?

A: Because the senior who knew the recipe finally graduated!

Q: What are the three longest years of a Ohio State football player's life?

A: His freshman year!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back