College Football rivalries (2 Viewers)

Ok. Didn't mean to credit you with anything you didn't deserve! But we all have adopted most of your monikers for the teams, Tom. What's the outlook for the Sooners this weekend, and tween you and me, how good is ol' Mizzou?
I predict a weekend of rest and relaxation for the Sooners.

(bye week)

:D

Mike, MeatChicken Wolverqueens? You've been talking to Tom Burgess,haven't you? Hey good luck on the outing this weekend, and if you happen to see that ol' Ioweegan Rapid Randy, give him a big howdy from his Nebraska buddy if you have time!

comin at ya live from Muncie Dragway on a beautiful day for a match race!! I stole the MeatChicken from Tom but i have heard the wolverqueen reference from several places (michigan is so popular :p)

thanks for the good luck wished terry.....won't be seeing rapid this weekend but we'll be out with him next month

GO ND!!!!!

Man, I can't say I was feeling great after that first half. But my Tigers came on strong for the final 2 quarters........Another weekend in the SEC!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Good morning college football thread devotees! Check in and let us know who your team is playing this weekend and the outlook. The huskers have Virginia Tech and it's even on TV! As one of the few 3-0 teams not in the top 25 yet, I think the pollsters are waiting on this game to see what we are really like. The oddsmakers have us as 7 point favorites, which surprises me a bit. Hope it will be a good game and maybe we can put together a whole game and win impressively. Best of luck to the rest of the gang. Go huskers (if we beat VT tomorrow, I'll give them the capital H back!)

As long as Oklahoma rolls The Horny Toads tomorrow, nothing else matters... it will complete an awesome weekend of college football seeing as how the weekend started with USC getting knocked off by (snicker) Oregon State! :D

As long as Oklahoma rolls The Horny Toads tomorrow, nothing else matters... it will complete an awesome weekend of college football seeing as how the weekend started with USC getting knocked off by (snicker) Oregon State! :D

I'm guessing that won't be a big problem for the Sooners, Tom! Any thoughts on the husker/VT game to share?

Sorry to see that USC got spanked last night ;) My Tigers take on Mississippi State this weekend. Gotta keep their focus and continue to move forward.....

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!

GG0809.jpg

How about those Fightin' Irish!!!!!....big victory over what i thought was a pretty good Purdue team....running game looked 100% better than last week and the passing game was fantastic!

GO GO GOLDEN DOMERS!!!

GO BLUE

Holy Flippin WOW. DId anyone see the game. I was there and it was awesome. First half we could have made a team out of us that post on this thread and stopped Michigan. They couldn't do anything right. 20 yard of offense at the half and 5 turnovers. 3rd quater they improve and actually score then the 4th they go nuts. Come from down 19-0 to win the game 27-25. Scared the crap out of us though Wisconsin scores with about 13 seconds left they have to go for two they get it but its called back on a penalty and they miss the redo.

Voice is half gone and I need a nap from all the jumping and cheering. This is sure gonna be a roller coaster year for big blue. The D played good but the O is gonna need a lot of help this year.

GO BLUE!!!!

I was there also PJ. I am still stunned. That was the worst execution from a Michigan team I have ever seen .... IN THE 1ST HALF. I say even more so that aginst N.D. last week because weather was not an issue. THEN ..... WOW! What a finish! It was incredible! I am stunned ..........

Oklahoma wins by a couple of dozen or so... just another Saturday. :)

First game I've been to this year and it was really fun. TCU totally sold out to stop the run (which they did) but we totally blew 'em up in the air. Looks like somebody is going to have to find a way to keep us reined in all across the field if they want a shot at beating us this year. I'm not making reservations for Miami yet, but it's difficult not to be enthusiastic about our chances!

Which raises the Question... Who's gonna be rated #1 now Tom?

#1 USC LOST
#3 Georgia LOST... Roll Tide
#4 Florida LOST
#9 Wiscon-SIN LOST
#16 Wake-up Forest LOST
#20 Clemson LOST

congrats:
Mitch-again
'Bama
Oh-High-oh
Okie-Homie
the Canoe Club (Navy)
The Domers
and them kids from the Bayou... LSU

d'kid

Dave where were you sitting?

We were in the north end zone opposite corner from the student section. Sadly too close of a view for Wisconsins last td

I don't remember a week when 4 of the top 10 lose and 9 of the top 25.

Bama and Penn State should make big jumps.

OK is secure in the top spot.

With Utah and Byu doing so well we could have 2 bcs buster teams in the top 10 as well.

Dave where were you sitting?

We were in the north end zone opposite corner from the student section. Sadly too close of a view for Wisconsins last td

I was exactly kiddie corner to you PJ. The John Thompson interception T.D. came right at us. That was awesome! My seats are in section 13. I'm 27 rows from the field.

My favorite play was the sack at your end. Brandon Graham caused the fumble with just under 2 minutes left. I was dying trying to see though! :D I didn't wear my glasses! :eek: i was watching the field and the screen both.

Well, congrats to Ohio State, OU, Michigan, ND, LSU, but there is no joy in huskerville---shoulda coulda woulda, but unfortunately, our defense still sucks and the offense is far from consistent, AND we got Mizzou next...Mike, it's gonna take a bunch of Captain to handle this--ND is winning, and it may be a really long year for the huskers....so it goes

Ok, no ones saying much on the college football thread so I'll ask a question--how's it look this weekend for your respective teams? The huskers, after we once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against V Tech, have the unenviable task of facing Johnny Mopar's Mizzou Tigers. The good news is that it is at home. The bad news is, well, if you happen to have seen the huskers play this year and the Mizzou Tigers play this year, you know the bad news. But hope springs eternal, Mr. Mopar! I predict a narrow 2 point upset of Mizzou in Lincoln this weekend on a dying clock field goal!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back