College Football rivalries (1 Viewer)

Fear not terry for i am here now!!!!!

oh PJ PJ PJ.....i expect better from you....Notre Dumb is all you got?? Unfortunately for me the race at Martin this weekend was postponed do to the weather, but the silver lining is that i will be able to watch the game this year!

They called it already? Wow, I may have to see about making the redo date

Credit where Credit is due, right PJ? I do believe "university of spoiled children" is just one of many alternate names that rabid OU fan Tom Burgess has shared with us.

Thanks I couldn't remember who it was that first posted it, I just knew it wasn't me

I'll polish my buckeyes

I'm obviously having one liner overload on this one. Too many jokes so little time

I am here, we were just outside putting things away & getting Hurricane Ike ready!!! I am still standing by my BUCKEYES & hopefully they can pull it out & win!!

Hurricane Ike Turner! How could I forget with half my family living there, My sister was going to postpone her trip till the grandkids insisted Grand ma come!:eek:

that would be awesome if you could make it to Martin in october Dave.....i'd love to finally get to meet you....but to your dismay.....Michigan will not be victorious this weekend :D;)

That sounds good Mike. I didn't realize you would be there. I didn't really look yet at who was going to be there. The main reason I wanted to go was to see the Comp Fab top fuel car. I've been trying to see the Frantic Fueler run for a couple years now.
nuf_2005_044jpg.thumb.jpg

I've gotten to know the crew chief on that team. I really want to see that car run. They're a great group of people. I have season Michigan tickets and that day is Illinois. However depending on how Michigan is doing by then I might be persuaded to find them a good home and head to martin.

Terry you are welcome up anytime! I'm getting ready to head to the U.P. of Michigan October 11th bow hunting for a week. I'll do a little hunting locally until then. Turkeys can hold their own. You have some smart cats! :D I'm also looking forward to some partridge (Grouse) hunting in the next few weeks as well.

I am here, we were just outside putting things away & getting Hurricane Ike ready!!! I am still standing by my BUCKEYES & hopefully they can pull it out & win!!

hate when a female says that... and the kids three doors down have their flag out... every time I see it I think of you...

Ohio well be National champ this year... Having something to do with kicking the children's booty twice this year... the second time will be that game with all the floats and flowers....

d'kid

That sounds good Mike. I didn't realize you would be there. I didn't really look yet at who was going to be there. The main reason I wanted to go was to see the Comp Fab top fuel car. I've been trying to see the Frantic Fueler run for a couple years now.
nuf_2005_044jpg.thumb.jpg

I've gotten to know the crew chief on that team. I really want to see that car run. They're a great group of people. I have season Michigan tickets and that day is Illinois. However depending on how Michigan is doing by then I might be persuaded to find them a good home and head to martin.

Yep Dave the Motown Shaker will be in the house at Martin and we will be looking to be the first NFC in the midwest to dip into the 5's :D....and i agree....the frantic fueler group are good people....i've run into them a couple times this year and i believe we are actually scheduled to run against them next weekend out at Muncie Dragway in Indiana and i am looking forward to it!

Alright Mike you convinced me! I am waiting to hear from a buddy of mine about the Michigan game Oct 4th. He doesn't think he can go. If he can't I have a home for my game tickets and I'll head to Martin. It's too good to pass up! Hopefully it works out.

By the way ... the Irish SUCK!!!:p:D:D

GO BLUE!!!

Credit where Credit is due, right PJ? I do believe "university of spoiled children" is just one of many alternate names that rabid OU fan Tom Burgess has shared with us.

While I can't claim to be the originator of that monicker, I believe I can take credit for bringing it to the Mater.

On the rivalry question, in no particular order with exception of #1:

1. Army / Navy
2. OU / saxeT
2. tOSU / MeatChicken
2. Bammer / Allbarn
2. aTm / saxeT
2. Clemson / South Carolina

Hey guys!!! I know this is a dragracing site, but I look forward to this thread every year here in the lounge!!! My Texas is starting off better than what I expected, but we are still playing out of conference teams right now. Texas has a tough schedule coming up with O who?, Misery, Kansas and Tx Tech. They cancelled todays game vs Arkansas so it will be played Sep. 27th...which sucks because Texas had some really good momentum going after our 2 games we have played.

At least we have a good game going today with Ohio State and USC. Hey Teri, I'm pulling for your Buckeyes today!!!

Unfortuantely, with the complete lack of a D1 NCAA football team in my home town (well, at least one that plays like a D1 team), I have little to contribute to this thread. It rankles me to no end that the Minnesota Gophers are perennial doormats and a laughingstock of college football. My hope is that with the new stadium that is being built for them and opening next year, that they'll become more competetive. The Gophers are the only Big Ten school that have not played a New Year's Day Bowl game since they played in the Rose Bowl in 1962. Hopefully that'll change. The Gophers are off to a 3-0 start but it really means nothing considering they've beaten N. Illinois, Bowling Green (although they were ranked 25th and the Gophers smoked them at their home turf), and today Montana State. So, even though there isn't much hope for this year's club (they were pretty much a unanimous preseason prediction for last place in the B10), I'll still watch as many games as possible. Should be a good game tonight between OSU-USC.

Unfortuantely, with the complete lack of a D1 NCAA football team in my home town (well, at least one that plays like a D1 team), I have little to contribute to this thread. It rankles me to no end that the Minnesota Gophers are perennial doormats and a laughingstock of college football. My hope is that with the new stadium that is being built for them and opening next year, that they'll become more competetive. The Gophers are the only Big Ten school that have not played a New Year's Day Bowl game since they played in the Rose Bowl in 1962. Hopefully that'll change. The Gophers are off to a 3-0 start but it really means nothing considering they've beaten N. Illinois, Bowling Green (although they were ranked 25th and the Gophers smoked them at their home turf), and today Montana State. So, even though there isn't much hope for this year's club (they were pretty much a unanimous preseason prediction for last place in the B10), I'll still watch as many games as possible. Should be a good game tonight between OSU-USC.
A new stadium and facilities go a long way when you are trying to recruit key athletes! When they know that they have something new along with the ability to start as freshmen at a school it is much easier for them to make up there minds!

Mike congratulations on the Irish win. The game JUST ended. I talk a lot about my Wolverines but I will be the first to say congratulations when they lose. Ugly game but a win is a win. Now I'm going to dive head first into a bottle of Jack Daniels. See you in a few days ....:rolleyes::D

an ugly game it was......man that rain was coming down.....i personally like those sloppy games and after last year.....i'll take a win any way i can get it!!! CAPTAIN FOR EVERYONE!!!!! :D:D:D

NOTRE DAME 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!

Rally sons of Notre Dame:
Sing her glory and sound her fame,
Raise her Gold and Blue
And cheer with voices true:
Rah, rah, for Notre Dame
We will fight in ev-ry game,
Strong of heart and true to her name
We will ne'er forget her
And will cheer her ever
Loyal to Notre Dame

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame,
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky.
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory.

:D

Holy crap, They couldn't hold on to the ball for nothing 6 turnovers?????

Congrats to the Irish at least they have learned to hold onto the ball

Holy crap, They couldn't hold on to the ball for nothing 6 turnovers?????

Congrats to the Irish at least they have learned to hold onto the ball

The only good thing about the game was it appears their offense is starting to improve. They outplayed the Irish in every statistical category but one ... TURNOVERS. They are knowhere near good enough to overcome 6 turnovers. The turnovers were inexcusable however it's tough to determine which ones were caused by the rain and which just a mistake by the player. The Mi State game was just as ugly as they were in the same rain.

One other bright spot (TRYING to be optimistic) :rolleyes: Sam McGuffie seems to be starting to get comfortable in the offense.

It wasn't very pretty, was it, Teri? I did watch and cheer for the Buckeyes, and my buckeyes were making some very strange noises at half time. Must admit that I bounced out at halftime to go struggle with putting a water pump on my pickup, though. How did you guys fare against the hurricane? Ok, I hope. Well, the Huskers won, and are 3-0 but evidently not impressing anyone so far, since they are not in the top 25 yet. I must admit our opponents have been less than stellar so far...and damn but Mizzou and OU look awfully good....Congrats Mike! and Teri, you might consider contacting Mike Minick about the Captain's cure for losses. I think he had to use it quite a bit last year! Go Huskers

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back