College Football rivalries (2 Viewers)

The 37 point over/under in the ND/Mich game was seen by me as my lock of the month. Holy Cow!!! That was a lock.

And...what once looked like a respectable 7-5 campaign by my Virginia Cavaliers has now given way to the bleak hope of a 3 win season. With Duke on the schedule in 2 weeks, that to looks like an "L". :mad:

Unfortuantely, with the complete lack of a D1 NCAA football team in my home town (well, at least one that plays like a D1 team), I have little to contribute to this thread. It rankles me to no end that the Minnesota Gophers are perennial doormats and a laughingstock of college football. My hope is that with the new stadium that is being built for them and opening next year, that they'll become more competetive. The Gophers are the only Big Ten school that have not played a New Year's Day Bowl game since they played in the Rose Bowl in 1962. Hopefully that'll change. The Gophers are off to a 3-0 start but it really means nothing considering they've beaten N. Illinois, Bowling Green (although they were ranked 25th and the Gophers smoked them at their home turf), and today Montana State. So, even though there isn't much hope for this year's club (they were pretty much a unanimous preseason prediction for last place in the B10), I'll still watch as many games as possible. Should be a good game tonight between OSU-USC.

Hey Mark, all you guys need to do is hire Coach Hayden Fox. I hear he even has Minnesota ties!!!

Hey Mr. Minick!!! Break out the Captain! I just checked the AP "complete poll" results (so I could see where our respective teams are, and lo and behold both the Huskers and Golden Domers received votes for the top 25 this week! Your guys got 4 and the Huskers got 21 (looks like you need 63 or so votes to break into the top ten) We're on our way!!!!!! Look out Mizzou and the other top five guys--the Domers and Huskers will not be denied!:D

But will he demand that Dauber comes along also?

I cant believe that only got one comment. And yes, ofcourse Dauber has to come along. And ofcourse you cant have a successful staff without Luther. And Christine too. And the tall blonde amazon that was Dauber's girl. That was one of my all time fav shows.

i was 3 when that show went on the air and 10 when it ended :p:p

and terry......fresh bottle just purchased!! :cool:

i was 3 when that show went on the air and 10 when it ended :p:p

and terry......fresh bottle just purchased!! :cool:
Great minds think alike--on my way to do that very same thing--gotta get prepared for the husker game this weekend (that's right--no capital H on it yet--When Pelini gives the defense back the black shirts, I'll give the team the capital H back!)

Best of Luck, Gary, and welcome back to the 2008 version of the college football thread!

LOL I knew it had to start up sometime, I've just been out of touch because of these dang hurricane's.......And I don't mean Miami!!!!!

Here's a little taste of the last few years against Auburn....Should be interesting!

LSU VS AUBURN

Last edited:
Ok, time for a bold prediction: I guarantee the Huskers will not lose this weekend. Next week, of course, may be another story. Since the Huskers are guaranteed not to lose this week, I will be cheering for the Domers, Michigan, Ohio State, LSU, and yes, even for other big 12 teams like Tim's Horns, Tom's Sooners, and, yes, even Johnny Mopar's Mizzou Tigers (even though they loom large and soon on the Husker horizon. Best of luck to all of my football thread buddies and let the games begin!

Here's a list since January 2009:

1. Virginia blows a 17pt 4 qtr lead and loses to Texas Tech.
2. QB Jamell Sewell is academically suspended.
3. All ACC DT Jeff Fitzgerald is caught cheating.
4. Starting CB Mike Brown caught with possession of stolen computers, dismissed.
5. LB J'Courtney Williams dismissed via arrest.
6. OT Wil Barker and OT Dave Roberts arrested for stealing beer.
7. QB Peter Lalich dismissed from team by UVa President.
8. Team gives up over 100 pts to USC and UConn combined.

oh yeah, my favorite driver hasn't won a race in 2008.

Shouldn't UVa pay me to go to games!!

Last edited:
Here's a list since January 2009:

1. Virginia blows a 17pt 4 qtr lead and loses to Texas Tech.
2. QB Jamell Sewell is academically suspended.
3. All ACC DT Jeff Fitzgerald is caught cheating.
4. Starting CB Mike Brown caught with possession of stolen computers, dismissed.
5. LB J'Courtney Williams dismissed via arrest.
6. OT Wil Barker and OT Dave Roberts arrested for stealing beer.
7. QB Peter Lalich dismissed from team by UVa President.
8. Team gives up over 100 pts to USC and UConn combined.

oh yeah, my favorite driver hasn't won a race in 2009.

Shouldn't UVa pay me to go to games!!

Now, that's funny! Sad, but funny. If it's any consolation, I think you will have me, Mike M. and PJ and Dave M to share your pain this year. Hope I'm wrong, but we'll have to see.

That is a great (but sad) post Steve! I know what you mean about going to games this year. This is the 1st year I finally get the chance to buy Michigan season tickets and this is the season I get. :rolleyes: I just keep telling myself it's just the first step to many championship seasons with this new offense. I just keep telling myself that ...........:D

Good luck this weekend Terry. Michigan has a bye week. Good luck to you also Mike however I think Michigan State beats your domers up in East lansing. Teri .... what can I say ..... Oh I know!!:p;)

Good luck to you also Mike however I think Michigan State beats your domers up in East lansing.

yea but you thought your MeatChicken Wolverqueens were gonna beat us too....and how did that go again?? :p:p

we gotta race out at Muncie Dragway tomorrow night so i will be gettin myupdates via text.....GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

yea but you thought your MeatChicken Wolverqueens were gonna beat us too....and how did that go again?? :p:p

we gotta race out at Muncie Dragway tomorrow night so i will be gettin myupdates via text.....GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Mike, MeatChicken Wolverqueens? You've been talking to Tom Burgess,haven't you? Hey good luck on the outing this weekend, and if you happen to see that ol' Ioweegan Rapid Randy, give him a big howdy from his Nebraska buddy if you have time!

Mike, MeatChicken Wolverqueens? You've been talking to Tom Burgess,haven't you? Hey good luck on the outing this weekend, and if you happen to see that ol' Ioweegan Rapid Randy, give him a big howdy from his Nebraska buddy if you have time!
I'll take credit for bringing the MeatChicken monicker to the Mater but I plead innocent on the Wolverqueen thing.

I'll take credit for bringing the MeatChicken monicker to the Mater but I plead innocent on the Wolverqueen thing.
Ok. Didn't mean to credit you with anything you didn't deserve! But we all have adopted most of your monikers for the teams, Tom. What's the outlook for the Sooners this weekend, and tween you and me, how good is ol' Mizzou?

Ohio State plays Troy University so we should have a win tomorrow!!
And did you notice my guarantee that the huskers won't lose this weekend on an earlier post? Since we don't seem to have any USC fans that get involved in this thread, looks like of the regulars, Tom B has the leading horse, and Tim R. probably still in the hunt with the Horns. But for the rest of us (and I'm sorry Teri, but I think I gotta throw you in with the rest of us also rans this year...:() looks like we are collectively probably suck a lot of pond water!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back