Charlotte press conference: 4 wide (1 Viewer)

Re: Charlotte press conference

I think everyone needs to go back and look at when the sport was huge and doing well and there were no problems then try and figure out what happened and what changed .

your nuts if you think drag boats are more entertaining, OH BTW Drag Boats are NOW also only running to 1000ft as of 2010

To each his own. You keep on watching those 3 second squirts. YAWN!!!!
I guess you must be writing the rulebook for the LODBS as there has been no "OFFICIAL" announcement regarding the distance, and while I heard those rumors I'll wait for an announcement from Lucas Oil. One last thing, tell me one 1000' run that was more exciting than PC's 4.53 , 264 pass at the Finals??? Waiting

I guess we can now truthfully say the circus is coming to town. Watch out or you'll step in the elephant cra%. Not my cup of tea any longer. I'm toast!!

I wonder what the anouncement wil be? Oh and Indy will allways be the biggest race to the people who care about the history behind it you can have all the luxuries and gimicks you want at some other track but you cant make up for the history that indy has . Now if you did not give a damn one bit about the history then it doesnt matter what race it is it wont matter to that person . History is what makes something what it is . If any race is just another race it is the 4-lane track , because its new it doesnt have that history behind it . Get some years on behind it and then see . If it wasnt for the history behind the NHRA then the NHRA wouldnt be any big deal .
Thank You very much im m glad to see someone understands where i was trying to come from in my commit, I guess some people dont get it or maybe their just starting to get into and watch NHRA but thanks for the back up.

....My other question is how much cheaper will the tickets be with less passes being made. If baseball gets cut to 7 innings or football to 3 quarters I would expect a reduced ticket why not here.
Cheaper??? It will be the most badazz Nitro Racing in the history of the world and you want CHEAPER???? Seriously, you asked for money back??? :eek:

I also know a little about the PC .

OK The #1 qualifier spot in TF I was a part of at an NHRA National TOPS anything I was ever apart of racing boats and that includes winning a couple National events in TFH

That's not an answer to my question. I know you have worked on cars & boats (Toxic Rocket last). So I'll ask again, give me a 1000' run that drew a buzz like that. I can think of MANY 1320' asphalt runs that are unforgettable, but NONE @1000'. Go back and read my original post.

......My biggest question is about how lane choice will be awarded. Obviously low e.t. gets first pick, but what happens if low e.t driver's next pairing has the 2nd quickest e.t.? Will they race side by side in lanes 1 & 2 (or 3 & 4) or will the 2nd quickest e.t. get second choice of the remaining three lanes? :confused:
Logically, I would think that the second quickest winner should get the pick of the next three remaining lanes, regardless of who they line up next to!;)

That's not an answer to my question. I know you have worked on cars & boats (Toxic Rocket last). So I'll ask again, give me a 1000' run that drew a buzz like that. I can think of MANY 1320' asphalt runs that are unforgettable, but NONE @1000'. Go back and read my original post.
Tony Schumacher's last ditch qualifying run did it for me, November 14th, 2009!

Last qualifying runs of 2009 and the two Championship contenders are in the staging lights.

They both have great low numbers and Dixon's tires are up in smoke.

Schumacher throws down the gauntlet and sends a message to all of the other fifteen qualifiers. He runs right down broadway to card the second quickest 1000 foot pass ever.

Larry Dixon's incremental times: 60ft-0.845 sec., 330ft-2.654, 660ft-5.251/079.54 mph. That should give Tony a two point lead going into tomorrow's eliminations.
"From NHRA.COM"

Last edited:

Tony Schumacher's last ditch qualifying run did it for me, November 14th, 2009!

Last qualifying runs of 2009 and the two Championship contenders are in the staging lights.

They both have great low numbers and Dixon's tires are up in smoke.

Schumacher throws down the gauntlet and sends a message to all of the other fifteen qualifiers. He runs right down broadway to card the second quickest 1000 foot pass ever.

Larry Dixon's incremental times: 60ft-0.845 sec., 330ft-2.654, 660ft-5.251/079.54 mph. That should give Tony a two point lead going into tomorrow's eliminations.
"From NHRA.COM"

that was mine it was worth frezzen my tail off to see I had money down that said LD was goin into the low 70's

Last edited:

LOL ...(TR),Mark appentlly you know more about me and my history than I do of you...Come by and introduce yourself some time. The beers on me.

OH BTW I am no way a fan of 1000' racing of any sort

Last edited:

LOL ...(TR),Mark appentlly you know more about me and my history than I do of you...Come by and introduce yourself some time. The beers on me.

OH BTW I am no way a fan of 1000' racing of any sort

Cool...I just am bummed out about the direction of NHRA drag racing. I'll look you up at the March Meet.

Maybe they can have some monster trucks jump over the lanes during the runs.

LMGDAO ! Maybe have all the NHRA track workers dress up in clown costumes with big shoes.....I can just see them all running across the track picking up blower belts and other puked up parts ! How about a big figure 8 track for Pro Stock ! Just when you think things cant get any worse for this sport.........

Four wide match racing like back in the 60's, as a booked in show, was just that, a show.

I just hate to be the guy who has to work out qualifying matches...

Smith can do what he wants... I check the web after it's over, to heck if I'm watching any racing on TV this season... web cast on Sundays only... for the other races...

d'kid

4 Wide at zMax

So I saw the announcement on NHRA's site and read another article with competitionplus that PRO was not consulted on this event. Im trying to understand why this is such a big deal? In my opinion this is a huge move in the right direction as far as marketing our sport goes. Ron Capps said he was concerned with the safety of running 4 wide. I dont see any issues here. Anybody else?

LMGDAO ! Maybe have all the NHRA track workers dress up in clown costumes with big shoes.....I can just see them all running across the track picking up blower belts and other puked up parts ! How about a big figure 8 track for Pro Stock ! Just when you think things cant get any worse for this sport.........
It is my understanding that Bruton has got Bennie the bomb out of retirement to perform one last time at this event!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back